Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Bit Different, UDI Color Challenge 057

Today’s Color Challenge is not only is it a tiny card, but it’s very FLAT compared to cards I usually make.  But it was an experiment with colors from this week’s Utah Divas International (UDI) Color Challenge.

This week, UDI design team members were challenged to use the colors Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo and Very Vanilla in a card or project. LOL, I don’t think I’ve ever put those colors together intentionally!

So… after looking at my stamp room shelf, I pulled the stamp sets Simply Soft, French Foliage, and Short and Sweet from my Stamp Shelf.  Here’s my tiny 2-3/4” x 4” Color Challenge Card for the Utah Divas International Challenge… simply soft, french foliage, dream gardens, pocket silhouettes, UDI, challenge, Split coast stampers, sharon field, createdbyu, blogspot, you tube, videoJoining them were ink pads and card stock in the challenge colors too LOL, I didn’t really want to take the time to cut out the focal flower image, nor a mask for the masking technique… but after my first attempt, decided I had to do one of the two, and opted to rescue my first image by fussy cutting along the edges.simply soft, french foliage, dream gardens, pocket silhouettes, UDI, challenge, Split coast stampers, sharon field, createdbyu, blogspot, you tube, videoAfter stamping the script in Melon Mambo Classic Ink along the lower scallop punched edge of the card, the image was glued direct to paper (dtp), and a light shadow painted around it using bashful blue classic ink and an Aqua Painter.

The splotch image from French Foliage was inked with Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink, stamped off and then stamped DTP carefully around the glued focal flower image, and then edges sponged with Early Espresso Classic ink.simply soft, french foliage, dream gardens, pocket silhouettes, UDI, challenge, Split coast stampers, sharon field, createdbyu, blogspot, you tube, videoAfter adding knotted Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon along the bottom/front edge of the tiny card, “Thank You” was stamped with Early Espresso Classic Ink, using one of six sentiments in the tiny 12 piece Short and Sweet stamp set. 

This tiny card has a somewhat vintage appeal. It would be perfect for a gift enclosure card... perhaps tucked in a co-workers’ desk drawer, or your DH’s lunchbox or briefcase.  LOL, my DH probably would never find it in his briefcase… the lunchbox would be a much better bet!

Here’s the inspiration piece for today’s UDI color challenge…simply soft, french foliage, dream gardens, pocket silhouettes, UDI, challenge, Split coast stampers, sharon field, createdbyu, blogspot, you tube, video

…Looking at the inspiration piece now, an entirely different card just popped in my mind!! Well… I’ll have to save that for another time!

Hope you’ll play along with the Utah Divas International Design Team this week! You know the drill… Earlier this week, I was visiting with one of my wonderfully talented stamping friends the other day… she said she comes to my blog daily for “a new artistic creative surprise”… And, she said, “the artwork is always a step beyond the expected, and so different from the day before too!” 

I had to laugh… although I post fairly consistently, my designs are not.  Is that a good thing?  I’m really not sure!  Guess I’m a bit of a  non-conformist at heart!

…Looking at the inspiration piece now, an entirely different card just popped in my mind!!  Well… I’ll have to save that for another time! Hope you’ll play along with the Utah Divas International Design Team this week!  You know the drill…

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Very pretty Sharon! I'm not sure if I'll get to this technique this week, but I certainly will try it sometime! TFS!

Dee in N.H. said...

Your friend is right! That is also one of the things that I love about your blog! Always beautiful but unpredictable too. Today was no disappointment, gorgeous cards! I am also really enjoying your 12 days series!! Thank you for all your time and effort and for keeping things fresh and exciting!

Annette said...

I love it Sharon. Unusual colour combination I agree, but your creation brings them together very well. The more I see French Foliage, the more versatile it looks. Definitely must get it.

Diana said...

I like this design and card - gave me an idea on some really cas cards......I'll post on my blog when completed

Thanks

Fabiola said...

oh que c'est joli! biz

nana_cindy42 said...

I really love this card!! It's beautiful! It's so delicate! Love the stamp.

And I love your technique in the current video! It turned out beautiful.

Thanks for these!!!

inkedx2 said...

Beautiful card! Love it.

Ally White Cat said...

beautiful card. I would love to learn your techniques

Antje said...

I love it - love the country style feel in it!... the colours just fit so harmonic together! Great!

lisa808 said...

Lovely card. I really like your 'fussy' cut flowers and the scalloped/sponged bottom.

Vicky W said...

Gorgeous as usual Sharon