Sunday, September 18, 2011

And MORE Mica Flakes… Wow Jewelry!

Did you enjoy yesterday’s Super Saturday Mica Flakes Faux Mother of Pearl Mosaic Technique Tutorial?  I hope so!  I’m not done playing with them yet, but have a ton of design team work to do in the forthcoming days, so need to take a short break!

Before I do, just wanted to share one more new Mica Flake project featuring the Faux Mother of Pearl Mosaic Technique… and I think you’re going to like this one a lot!  (Well, I hope so!) Winking smile

Before actually making yesterday’s tutorial and card share, I actually was experimenting with the mica flakes, and came up with a different project to share… and that’s what I’m going to show you today!  AND… THERE’s More!!

YOU CAN WIN TODAY’s JEWELRY AND CARD!!! All you have to do is…

  • leave a comment telling me what you like most about my blog AND today’s card share!!  OR
  • make a card or project using the Faux mother of pearl mosaic technique and leave a comment with a link to your Faux Mother of Pearl project! 

You’ve got two weeks to enter SmileGet busy now!!

This is one of the projects we will be making in next months’ Christmas “gift-ables” class… hope you like it!snow burst, faux mother of pearl, mosaic, technique, embossing, big shot, stampin up, gift, classes, events, sharon_field, createdbyu, triple_doily,punchI may re-work the card format a bit, but basically, it’s a pair of earrings and a pendant/necklace featuring the Faux Mother Of Pearl Mosaic Technique.snow burst, faux mother of pearl, mosaic, technique, embossing, big shot, stampin up, gift, classes, events, sharon_field, createdbyu, triple_doily,punch

Aren’t they cool?  Pretty light weight, but sturdy too!  The pendant was punched using a 1-1/4” circle punch, and earrings were punched with a 3/4” circle punch.  snow burst, faux mother of pearl, mosaic, technique, embossing, big shot, stampin up, gift, classes, events, sharon_field, createdbyu, triple_doily,punchHoles in each piece were done using a crop-a-dile tool before adding the earring wires.snow burst, faux mother of pearl, mosaic, technique, embossing, big shot, stampin up, gift, classes, events, sharon_field, createdbyu, triple_doily,punchI had a few emails asking why I chose to use Krylon triple thick spray on my project instead of Crystal Effects.  I did try Crystal Effects (CE)… but wasn’t totally happy with the results.  The sample on the right uses CE, which intensified the soft suede ink color… ok if that’s what you’re aiming for… I wanted a more pure mother of pearl mosaic appearance, so opted for three layers of triple thick glaze instead.

Stamps and Supplies Used in today’s…

Mica Flakes Gift Able Card and Jewelry Set

Stamps: 

  • Bring on the Cake

Card Stock and Paper: 

  • Whisper White
  • Wisteria Wonder
  • Bashful Blue
  • Silver Glimmer Paper

Classic Inks:

  • Bashful Blue
  • Wisteria Wonder

Accessories:

  • Big Shot Machine
  • Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
  • Acrylic Block
  • Water Spray Mist Bottle
  • Triple Doily Punch
  • 1-1/4” Circle Punch
  • 1” circle punch
  • 3/4” circle punch
  • Mica Flakes
  • Crop-A-Dile Tool
  • Jewelry Findings and Chain
  • Jewelry Pliers
  • Wisteria Wonder Ruffled Ribbon
  • Krylon Triple Thick Glaze
  • Multipurpose Adhesive

Technique:

  • Faux Mother of Pearl Mosaic

Be sure to check out the classes and events tab for the Christmas Gift-ables class!  Register early, space is limited and it fills quite quickly!  I’ll be updating my calendar in the next week or so… so keep an eye on it!

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing two clean and simple (CAS) Christmas card designs featuring the same stamp set.  The cards were two of six we made in this weekend’s Christmas Card Class, and quite a hit.  Hope you’ll come back to check them out.

In the mean time, hope you are having a great weekend, and I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

33 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That's gorgeous Sharon! I hadn't even looked twice at the mica but you sure opened my eyes! Love your jewelry idea!

lisa808 said...

I like the 'pure' mother of pearl look better too. This is a fabulous gift set. tfs

Debbie Ro said...

These are just beautiful and what a talent you have for creating unique things! I love the background that the jewerly is resting on. Can't wait to try it! Thanks!

Dawn said...

Sharon,
What a great project! I have enjoyed your blog, you have a lot of great ideas! Thanks for sharing!
Dawn

Fabiola said...

quel cadeau...biz

Carol said...

Well....what I like best about your blog??? I could say it is your wonderful projects, I could say it is the great tutorials you give every day, but I am going to say that my favorite thing is that little button at the end of your post that lets me easily download a PDF that incorporates both your wonderful projects and your tutorials. That is a really cool thing. Thanks so much!

A Touch of SOL said...

Sharon! WOW! The set is GORGEOUS! What I love best about your is your SUPER SHARING! I have learned so much with your Saturday Tutorials and MORE! Thank you for sharing all of YOU! and of course a chance to win this GORGEOUS set!
Marisol
atouchof_sol at yahoo dot com

Charlotte said...

WOW! What an absolutely gorgeous set! LOVE it! It's so elegant. You are soooo talented! What do I like best about your blog? Your generosity in sharing so many wonderful tips, techniques and tutorials. I daily look forward to your blog and seeing what you've created. I've learned soooo much from you! THANK YOU!

Shiozaki Beach girls said...

again Sharon, another beautiful creation!

Debbie Flattum said...

This project is over the top gorgeous! The tutorial you did yesterday showing us how to do this technique was great. I love that you share so much on your blog and have great ideas that are duplicatable! Thanks for sharing your creativity and the chance to win this awesome set!

Anonymous said...

I love the jewelry-card gift! I will be jioning your Christmas giftable class this year. I look forward to it every year! You come up with some of the greatest Ideas ever!I saw the card in person and thi pics don't do it justice! absolutley gorgeous! Thanks again Sharon!
Toodles
Candy

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon!
Awesome jewelry project! This is beautiful and I bet it would pick up the colors in your clothes while wearing it, making it change as your outfits change. I love reading your blog because you teach us how to do the same thing! You have great attention to detail and cover everything in an easy to follow format! I think your creativity is genious!!

soakes69 said...

oh my goodness oh my goodness they are great! I like the spray look better too! Great job and I can't wait to test it out!!! Thanks for all you do Sharon

Sandy O. said...

I just love your posts because you use SU products and although you have wonderful ideas you make them simple for us. This post is wonderful. The faux mother of pearl shows up much better in this post. I have to try it soon.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Gorgeous!

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Terry Duncan said...

What a fantastic idea, Sharon! I love visiting your blog because you are soooooo creative and you share all the details needed to re-create everything! If I lived near you, I'd definitely be coming to all your classes. I have your site flagged as my favorite!

Donna Bagwell said...

This is a wonderfully creative way to use the mica flakes. Thank you for posting the tutorial!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sharon thanks for offering the opportunity to win your beautiful jewelry and card. I think what I like most about your blog and all your creative and wonderful projects is that you epitomize the essence of Stampin' Up!s Statement of the heart". Thank you.

http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I like the mother of pearl one better too. Also like how you are so willing to share directions on your blog. Thanks for a chance to win this :)
Wilda
luv_to_stamp@hotmail.com

jogrybali said...

Hi Sharon,
Your card and jewelry are stunning.
Now I have to find out where I can buy the flakes.
Thanks for sharing.
Jogry/bali

jogrybali said...

Hi Sharon,

You card and jewelry are absolutely out of this wold.
Thanks for sharing!!
Now I have to find out where I can buy these flakes.
Hugs,
JogryBali

Karima said...

Wow what a great job you did - I love the card idea to attach the jewelry! New gfc follower, saw you on linky party, Karima :) www.karimascrafts.com

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

That is sooooo kewl. I probably won't get my mica flakes til October, so I'll have to enter by leaving a comment. The thing I love most about your blog is two fold. The really unique ideas you come up with just by playing around with things, and your willingness to share with us in so much detail! Love the earrings and necklace you made!

Patrice H said...

You just make my creative heart sooo happy!Your gift ideas are gorgeous! I really appreciate the time and effort you put forth to teach us new techniques and give us so many "Hot Tips" (CE vs Spray)And you share your ideas with us PDF's. Each day is a new adventure that's why I always come back!

nana_cindy42 said...

This is so beautiful! I can't wait for your class! I love all your wonderful ideas with such detailed instructions and that you are willing to share them. Also I like the PDF button! I use it a lot!!!

Patricia Torres said...

Sharon.. gorgeous!! gorgeous!! that is absolutely stunning!! :-)

Kathy Mc said...

WOW ~ your jewelry is gorgeous! Your blog is always so full of inspiration and new ideas. Love that you are so willing to share the how-to's with us. Haven't tried any mica flakes yet but now they're on my list. Thanks for the chance at your blog candy!

Beachsidelynn said...

I follow your blog faithfully because of the creative ideas you come up with. You have the gift of looking at things differently and creating beautiful things from that vision.
Thank you for sharing all the fabulous tips and ideas.

John said...

WOW! Your creations are AMAZING! I was about to give up on this hobby until I came across your blog and now I can't wait to get back into my stamproom! Thanks so much for the inspiration! I look forward to seeing more of your cards!

Betty said...

HMMM, I've been wanting to do some jewelry for my downline - I just love the mother of pearl look and keep forgetting about our Simply Adorned collection. Thanks for the lovely ideas!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love the new technique! I thought I left a comment, but maybe it was for another fabulous technique that you shared! I'm coming back later today with a link of a project I made ... so stay tuned!

sandi said...

Well Sharon not much I can say then someones already hasn't. Your blog is great, your ideas are one of a kind. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Sandi

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Okay -- I tried the technique! Yay! Check out my post here:

http://jeanne-nielsen.blogspot.com/2011/09/faux-mother-of-pearl-technique-card.html

Thanks for sharing!