Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Zoo Review Giraffe UDI49 Color Challenge

I really thought the first image I would stamp with my new Zoo Review stamp set would be the majestic lion or polar bear!  But, when I saw the colors of today’s UDI 49 color challenge, the tall and elegant Giraffe Image immediately came to mind!

Although I could vaguely recall seeing a giraffe at our local Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, was that they have absolutely beautiful big brown eyes and a tough ‘dirty white’ leather skin covered with dark orange spots, I wasn’t quite sure.  So first, I had to use the “Google” search to locate a giraffe photo to make sure I was coloring him correctly!

When is the last time you visited your local zoo?  We’ve had such a hot summer here in Jacksonville, Florida… fortunately, our zoo also has a lot of shady places too! UDI49, Zoo_Review, Color_Challenge, Jacksonville_Zoo_And_Gardens, Giraffe, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_Blogspot

I really like how this card came out… it’s got a very fresh and clean appearance.  (LOL, unlike the dirty white skin on real, live giraffes!)UDI49, Zoo_Review, Color_Challenge, Jacksonville_Zoo_And_Gardens, Giraffe, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_BlogspotColoring in his spots was a mindless task… very relaxing.  I also traced around the actual stamped image with my Pumpkin Pie Stampin Write Marker.UDI49, Zoo_Review, Color_Challenge, Jacksonville_Zoo_And_Gardens, Giraffe, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_BlogspotEight Basic Black Brads flank the corners of layered images and textured backgrounds.  Isn’t it amazing what a couple brads can do for an otherwise simple card?

You can see a bit of the herringbone Textured Impressions Embossing Folder in the photo above.UDI49, Zoo_Review, Color_Challenge, Jacksonville_Zoo_And_Gardens, Giraffe, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_BlogspotAnd more of the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder along with a So Saffron 3/8” Ribbon knot, it was the only way I could work in that last color and still keep the fresh and clean look on my challenge card!UDI49, Zoo_Review, Color_Challenge, Jacksonville_Zoo_And_Gardens, Giraffe, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_BlogspotI really like how masculine these two Textured Impressions Embossing Folders look on a card.  Don’t you think they compliment each other well?UDI49, Zoo_Review, Color_Challenge, Jacksonville_Zoo_And_Gardens, Giraffe, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_Blogspot

A whopping SIX colors were used in today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge #49… WOW!  Baja Breeze, Marina Mist, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Basic Black and Whisper White… and all I could envision was a giraffe… LOL, I could have used my brayer to do a sunrise scene over the ocean!  Maybe next time!

Stamps and supplies used in today’s Zoo Review Giraffe Card:

Stamps:  Zoo Review

Classic Ink:  Basic Black

Card Stock: 

  • Marina Mist
  • Baja Breeze
  • Basic Black
  • Whisper White

Big Shot Machine and Textured Impressions Embossing Folders: 

  • Square Lattice
  • Herringbone

Accessories: 

  • Neutrals Brads
  • 3/8” So Saffron Taffeta Ribbon
  • Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Write Markers
  • Multipurpose Adhesive

Multipurpose Adhesive has truly become my glue of choice!  Here in Florida, the humidity can really wreak havoc on adhesives… and Multipurpose Adhesive holds up even better than Sticky Strip!  With two ‘spreading’ options, I prefer to use the tiny tip (vs. the broad tip) and just a little bit goes a very long way!  It’s great for ‘fixing’ layers that didn’t get quite glued down well, or a corner that is popping up too!

Tuesday TIP: 

To anchor a card layer, or corner that you’ve already attached…

  • Place a tiny bit of Multipurpose Adhesive on a small scrap of card stock.  (Remember… a little goes a very long way.) 
  • Slip the cardstock beneath the popping corner or layer.
  • Press down on the card stock or layer, and then… quickly pull out the scrap/glue card stock.
  • Continue to hold in place for 5-10 seconds, and the corner or layer will be securely glued.

Tomorrow, I’ll be sharing some news in the form of an announcement, and a new challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!  Hope you’ll stop by and say hi!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,
This is stunning! I love your coloring. So pretty!

Patti said...

Wow, six colors. You worked them into your card beautiful. Great job on the giraffe.

Fabiola said...

oh adorable! biz

nana_cindy42 said...

I love this one! Love the giraffe. In fact I thought I had ordered that set because my granddau's fave animal is a giraffe, but when I looked it's one I circled to buy later.

Yeah, all those colors! When I got to them I couldn't believe you had them all on that card so I had to scroll up and look! Sure enough, they were all there!

inkedx2 said...

I agree with you. This is clean and simple card with a real WOW!

Robbie

Tonya said...

I love this card! You did a great pulling all of those colors together!

Cherie said...

I LOVE your giraffe! The colors are wonderful! TFS!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love this card!! The colors are great and the whole thing is just so pretty.

Patrice H said...

What a great card! Yes it is fun and fresh I love your color interpretation too very cleaver! Funny thing happened yesterday, we were driving through a canyon and we saw 3 zebras in a big corral! Zebras not in a zoo????? Who would have thought!