Monday, August 1, 2011

Wonderful Water Color Wonder Crayons!

Last week I had two class events, one featured six designer series paper cards featured in yesterday’s post, and the other was  technique class focusing on Water Color Wonder Crayons (WWC)!

In this particular Water Color Wonder Crayon Class, we focused on various techniques utilizing the crayons.  Each stamper made two sample focal images, using 4 different WWC Techniques.  I kept the cards very clean and simple (CAS) in design, focusing on the technique aspect of the class.

Upon completing two samples of technique, stampers chose their favorite and made a card with it too!  Envelopes, of course are included with every class, stampers went home with four completed cards, four new techniques, and four cards ready to mail to a friend too!

Today, as my Birthday Weekend comes to an end, I’m sharing all four cards we made in the WWC Class… hope you like them!

Crayons, Classes and Events, WWC, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Easy Events, Techniques, Createdbyu, Sharon FieldFirst up, a very clean and simple design (CAS) using two new products from the Idea Book and Catalog 2011-12!

  • Frame Duo Textured Embossing Folder
  • Easy Events 10 piece stamp setCrayons, Classes and Events, WWC, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Easy Events, Techniques, Createdbyu, Sharon FieldThe little ducky fit quite perfectly and neatly into the embossed clear frame.  CAS, AND a ONE layer card too!Crayons, Classes and Events, WWC, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Easy Events, Techniques, Createdbyu, Sharon Field, Lovely As A TreeSimple colors for a simple fall card using Very Vanilla and Early Espresso Card Stock… I really need to learn to keep my stamp camp and class samples encased in plastic…. LOL, there’s a little ink smudge on the lower left corner!!  Crayons, Classes and Events, WWC, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Easy Events, Techniques, Createdbyu, Sharon FieldThe corners of Very Vanilla Card Stock were embossed to give it a little ‘extra’ texture too.

These two cards are CASE’d from designs from a few years ago by demonstrator Sandi MacIver.  I changed them up a bit, but not too much...Crayons, Classes and Events, WWC, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Easy Events, Techniques, Createdbyu, Sharon FieldMy friend Tee loves dragonflies… this one may end up in the mail soon!  The background is a watercolor crayon technique, and the dragonflies are from the Natures Nest Stamp Set.Crayons, Classes and Events, WWC, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Easy Events, Techniques, Createdbyu, Sharon FieldAnother Water Color Wonder Crayon technique background, and an embossed feather from Natures Nest too!

LOL… didn’t realize it at the time, but all four are masculine cards, but very quick n easy too!

Don’t forget… my double blog candy contest is still going on!  Click HERE to read the details on four different ways you can become a winner of a free pass for Inkspirations 4 U or TWO NEW CLEAR MOUNT stamp sets!

See you tomorrow with a new design for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

14 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Love this fun set of cards Sharon! All four masculine though? Well I guess maybe rubber duckies can be a guy thing...but do they have the babies? LOL! Hope your birthday was fun and fabulous and I'd love to see the dragonfly card on a Super Saturday sometime.

Hugs - J.

Dee in N.H. said...

Awesome cards! I especially like the background on that last one! Hope your birthday was really great!

Susan Carlson said...

Hope you had a great birthday!!! Awesome cards, too. I've GOT to get my watercolor wonder crayons out and play with them. PS - I could read your blog via email today.

thestampinglady said...

Such wonderful cards. I do not have the watercolor crayons, but your examples may just push me over the edge for at least one of the sets. Hope your birthday weekend was fantastic. D

irishgalkelly said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration Sharon! This is a nice set of cards. I love the last three (just because I don't need a baby card right now). The coloring on the tree is so pretty and the backgrounds on the last two cards are fantastic. I think this watercolor crayon technique would make a fabulous Super Saturday Tutorial. I love your tutorials and how much information you give us each week!

Janet Swofford said...

Wow! More gorgeous cards! You have inspired me to get my WWC out and dust them off. I really enjoy using them but I forget I have them sometimes.(Am I the only person that does this?)My favorite one is the dragonfly card. Did you use Emboss Resist on that card? It is so beautiful:-) Thanks for sharing!
Happy,Happy Birthday!!!
Inky hugs,
Janet

Anita said...

Wow! This stunning. I hadn't seen this cute duck stamp and love the new embossing folder.

Patti said...

This is a great variety of cards using the water color crayons. The duck card is especially adorable. I look forward to Super Saturday; maybe a little tutorial on the water color backgrounds could be thrown in one week. Never know what to expect each week but you never disappoint. Let me add one more Happy Birthday to all the well wishes that have been offered.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love the feather card Sharon. It's beautiful. Hope you're still celebrating your birthday weekend and having fun. TFS.

lisa808 said...

Lovely cards. The ducky card is so cute. It's always good to get ideas for masculine cards.

Hope your birthday weekend was the best ever!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

First of all, I never really answered your question about what I love about Super Saturdays! I love each and every new technique that you share! Some of them, like this past one with the glitter and the glue to foil is brand new to me (and I see that we now have a new glue in the new mini, so that will make it even easier!) Secondly, just looking back at your posts again (already commented on all of them I think!), I love the DSP cards -- fits the new promotion! You're good!! Thirdly, love these cards today too -- I need to use my crayons more and I love the CAS look of them! Happy Birthday again, and I hope you had a wonderful weekend! TFS!

nana_cindy42 said...

I had lots of fun making these! I still don't know which one I like best! I liked making them all!!!

Thanks for all your wonderful tutoring both in your classes and online esp in your Sat. tutorials.

Did anyone bake you a birthday cake? Hope you had a super duper birthday!

Annette said...

Just love those watercolour crayon backgrounds Sharon - especially the one behind the feather. The embossed edges on the Lovely as a Tree is a great idea - gone into my 'case' book. The duo embossing folder gives an elegant finish - even to the cute little duck.

Kathy Mc said...

Another Happy Birthday wish to you, Sharon, for a delightful celebration that lasts on and on! Rarely use my watercolor wonder crayons because I forget about them. Will have to dig them out and put to good use. Some more wonderful cards shown in this post.