Tuesday, August 2, 2011

UDI 47 Creative Elements Concord Crush

Good Morning!  My Birthday Weekend is coming to an end, I hope you enjoyed this weekend’s posts: 

Now that the weekend is over, it’s time for another Utah Divas International Color Challenge #47!  Today’s palette challenges us to use Concord Crush, Perfect Plum, and Not Quite Navy… just three colors! 

I wasn’t sure what to do, so reached for one of the new products I recently received from my Stampin’ Up! New Catalog Order!   Creative Elements immediately caught my eye when I peeked through the catalog!  The fine line images are perfect for collage, ephemera, and vintage projects too.UDI47_Sharon_Field

I must must have been in a glitter mood, LOL… lots of bling on this card with dazzling diamonds AND Basic Jewel Rhinestones as well!

P1030960

This greeting is another new product I just had to have, and is from the Petite Pairs Stamp Set which has a greeting for both the inside and outside of your card… no more searching for a greeting to go inside… it’s right at your fingertips!  There are 9 sets of inside/outside greetings too… something for almost every occasion! P1030961

LOL… couldn’t help but add a little bling (rhinestone) to the center of the flowers too!  These flowers would be wonderful for teaching the ink-wash technique, don’t you think?

P1030970I really liked how the butterfly came out… just added one tiny rhinestone to his head, and then scribbled a bit of two-way glue and added Dazzling Diamonds!  You have to add the rhinestone first because if you get Dazzling Diamonds on his head, the rhinestone will not stick.P1030971The whole card was finished up with a very formal bow… formal card, formal bow!

Hope you’ll play along with the Utah Divas International Color Challenge this week!  I look forward to viewing your projects!

Here’s the color challenge cue…. inspiration for you!

UDI47

See you tomorrow with a NEW challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!  I look forward to reading your comments, and hope you have a wonderful summer day!

Hugs,
Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Pretty Sharon! I love your butterfly.

Susan Carlson said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for the tip on placing the rhinestone on first. Did you learn that one the hard way???

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Had to click and read more ... love bling and glitter (in fact, my kids often kid that I don't need any makeup when I've been playing in my stamp room as I'm usually fairly well covered with glitter all the time!). Thanks for the tip about the rhinestone. Beautiful card! :)

Janet Swofford said...

What a beautiful monochromatic card! I love this detailed flower stamp and I love the way you used it on your card. Thanks for sharing!
Inky hugs,
Janet

Patti said...

Very elegant. The color is so lush. And all the little details. Beautiful.

lisa808 said...

Purple is my favorite color! Love the added bling and glitz.

nana_cindy42 said...

I love the color Concord Crush! Very pretty card and I love all the 'bling'! Thanks for the rhinestone tip!