Welcome to the VC Rocks Blog Hop Stop #3! The official tour kicks off at 10am EDT, and this months’ theme is “Bunches of Punches”. You may have landed here from blog hop stop #2, Linda Rodenberg’s Blog: Pretty Inky Paper Crafts! I’m sure you enjoyed her lovely blog, and hope you left her a lovely comment too!!
This is the final VC Rocks blog hop for the summer, and though the virtual convention doors will be closing soon, there are still many great classroom offerings going on this week in the VC_Rocks Virtual Classroom! Rumor is that I’ll be teaching an Advanced Brayer Techniques Class on Thursday, too!
With a special thanks to and permission from Australian Demonstrator Libby Dyson, who shared her very original 3D Pyramid card with me a couple weeks ago, today’s Super Saturday Tutorial is my version of the 3D Pyramid Card!
If you’d like to continue with this weekend’s blog hop, quickly scroll through the photos and/or bookmark this page and come back later for the tutorial! I look forward to reading your comments!
Super Saturday Tutorial: 3D Pyramid Card – My Way!
- Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper(DSP) (4 patterns)
- Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, and Very Vanilla Card Stock
- Scoring tool and bone folder
- Multipurpose Adhesive
- Stamps, Punches, Ribbon, Dimensionals
Card Stock and Ribbon Cutting Directions
DSP #1 – (Soft Suede with Blushing Bride Flourishes) One 3-3/4” square, score on diagonal and bone-folded, AND One 3-1/2” square, cut on diagonal
DSP #2 – (Chicken Wire Print) One 3-3/4” square, cut on diagonal
DSP #3 – (Small Soft Suede Polka Dots) One 3-3/4” square, cut on diagonal AND One 2-1/4” square, cut on diagonal
DSP #4 – (Chicken Print) One 3-1/2” square, cut on diagonal
Very Vanilla Card Stock - One 3-3/4” Square, scored on diagonal, and bone folded
Soft Suede Card Stock - TWO 3-3/4” squared, scored on diagonal, and bone folded
Very Vanilla 5/8” Satin Ribbon – two 8-1/4” lengths
Step by Step 3-D Pyramid Tutorial
- Align 3-3/4” DSP square with scored diagonal vertical. Glue 8-1/4” Very Vanilla 5/8” Satin Ribbon to the back, 1/2 inch from the edge of two adjacent sides and on opposite sides of the diagonal.
- Glue small triangle piece to the corner of one of the Soft Suede 3-3/4” Squares.
- Align two Soft Suede 3-3/4” squares blank sides together and diagonals matching.
- Fold 3-3/4” DSP Square in half, insert the two Soft suede Squares, aligning the corner of the squares with the top edge of the diagonal. The photo below shows each side… one with the extra DSP, and one without.
- Keeping the top point, diagonal, and card stock pieces aligned, place flat on your table top. Lift one edge of DSP and glue in place. Flip over, and repeat for second DSP flap.
- Opened up, the card will now look like this in the interior… with a small gap between the two Soft Suede Squares. This is good… it will allow your card to lie flat when folded to mail.
- Attach Triangles cut from 3-1/2” DSP Squares (DSP #1 and #4) to the upper triangles on the inside of the card, leaving a small margin of card stock showing around all three sides.
- After stamping, the scored 3-3/4” Very Vanilla Cards Stock square, glue to the center of the card, checking to see that the bottom point and diagonals are aligned.
- Trim 1/16” from two short sides of each remaining 3-3/4” triangle DSP pieces.
- Flip over the card, attach remaining half triangles, aligning shorter outer edges and leaving a small gap of card stock showing between the pieces. Match the remaining polka dot DSP to the smaller one that was attached in step 1. The photo below shows the DSP correctly gapped on the right side, and incorrectly missing a gap on your left for reference.
- Now stamp and decorate your lovely 3D Pyramid card with bunches of punches and images!
Additional views of today’s 3D pyramid Card!
Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments! Don’t forget to take advantage of the 2011 Florida State Tax Holiday you can read the details of the Tax Holiday HERE, and shop my Online Stampin’ Up! store for your markers, adhesives, and more!
Please come back on Monday for a new 3-D pyramid card featuring the beautiful Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper… and… BLOG CANDY!