Saturday, August 13, 2011

Super Saturday Blog Hop 3D Pyramid Card

Welcome to the VC Rocks Blog Hop Stop #3!  The official tour kicks off at 10am EDT, and this months’ theme is “Bunches of Punches”.  VC_Rocks, Blog Hop, Button1, Linda Rodenberg, Sharon FieldYou may have landed here from blog hop stop #2,  Linda Rodenberg’s Blog:  Pretty Inky Paper Crafts!  I’m sure you enjoyed her lovely blog, and hope you left her a lovely comment too!! 

This is the final VC Rocks blog hop for the summer, and though the virtual convention doors will be closing soon, there are still many great classroom offerings going on this week in the VC_Rocks Virtual Classroom!  Rumor is that I’ll be teaching an Advanced Brayer Techniques Class on Thursday, too!

3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop

With a special thanks to and permission from Australian Demonstrator Libby Dyson, who shared her very original 3D Pyramid card with me a couple weeks ago,  today’s Super Saturday Tutorial is my version of the 3D Pyramid Card!

If you’d like to continue with this weekend’s blog hop, quickly scroll through the photos and/or bookmark this page and come back later for the tutorial!  I look forward to reading your comments!

The next stop on the VC_Rocks Blog Hop is my old friend Patrice Herrera’s blog My Little Patch of Dirt.  Be sure to leave her a sweet comment, and tell her I said hi too!

Super Saturday Tutorial:  3D Pyramid Card – My Way!

Basic Supplies:

  • Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper(DSP) (4 patterns)
  • Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, and Very Vanilla Card Stock
  • Scoring tool and bone folder
  • Multipurpose Adhesive
  • Stamps, Punches, Ribbon, Dimensionals

Card Stock and Ribbon Cutting Directions

DSP #1 – (Soft Suede with Blushing Bride Flourishes) One 3-3/4” square, score on diagonal and bone-folded, AND One 3-1/2” square, cut on diagonal

DSP #2 – (Chicken Wire Print) One 3-3/4” square, cut on diagonal

DSP #3 – (Small Soft Suede Polka Dots) One 3-3/4” square, cut on diagonal AND One 2-1/4” square, cut on diagonal

DSP #4 – (Chicken Print) One 3-1/2” square, cut on diagonal

Very Vanilla Card Stock - One 3-3/4” Square, scored on diagonal, and bone folded

Soft Suede Card Stock - TWO 3-3/4” squared, scored on diagonal, and bone folded

Very Vanilla 5/8” Satin Ribbon – two 8-1/4” lengths

Step by Step 3-D Pyramid Tutorial

  1. Align 3-3/4” DSP square with scored diagonal vertical.  Glue 8-1/4” Very Vanilla 5/8” Satin Ribbon to the back, 1/2 inch from the edge of two adjacent sides and on opposite sides of the diagonal.  3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop
  2. Glue small triangle piece to the corner of one of the Soft Suede 3-3/4” Squares.  3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop
  3. Align two Soft Suede 3-3/4” squares blank sides together and diagonals matching.
  4. Fold 3-3/4” DSP Square in half, insert the two Soft suede Squares, aligning the corner of the squares with the top edge of the diagonal.  The photo below shows each side… one with the extra DSP, and one without.  3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop
  5. Keeping the top point, diagonal, and card stock pieces aligned, place flat on your table top.  Lift one edge of DSP and glue in place.  Flip over, and repeat for second DSP flap.
  6. Opened up, the card will now look like this in the interior… with a small gap between the two Soft Suede Squares.  This is good… it will allow your card to lie flat when folded to mail.3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop
  7. Attach Triangles cut from 3-1/2” DSP Squares (DSP #1 and #4) to the upper triangles on the inside of the card, leaving a small margin of card stock showing around all three sides.3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop
  8. After stamping, the scored 3-3/4” Very Vanilla Cards Stock square, glue to the center of the card, checking to see that the bottom point and diagonals are aligned.
  9. Trim 1/16” from two short sides of each remaining 3-3/4” triangle DSP pieces.
  10. Flip over the card, attach remaining half triangles, aligning shorter outer edges and leaving a small gap of card stock showing between the pieces.  Match the remaining polka dot DSP to the smaller one that was attached in step 1.  The photo below shows the DSP correctly gapped on the right side, and incorrectly missing a gap on your left for reference. 3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop
  11. Now stamp and decorate your lovely 3D Pyramid card with bunches of punches and images!

Additional views of today’s 3D pyramid Card! 3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop

3D, Pyramid, card, vc_rocks, beau_chateau, designer series paper, Libby_dyson, tutorial, super saturday, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, punches, bunches_of_punches, blog_hop

LOL… if you’re still here, the next stop on the VC_Rocks Blog hop is #4, my old friend Patrice Herrera’s blogMy Little Patch of Dirt!   Be sure to leave her a sweet comment!

VC_Rocks, Blog Hop, Button, Patrice Herrerra, Sharon Field

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments!  Don’t forget to take advantage of the 2011 Florida State Tax Holiday you can read the details of the Tax Holiday HERE, and shop my Online Stampin’ Up! store for your markers, adhesives, and more!

Please come back on Monday for a new 3-D pyramid card featuring the beautiful Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper… and… BLOG CANDY!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

38 comments:

Nichole said...

Wow Sharon! I love this pyramid card - and I can't wait to make one myself!

Libby said...

I've been waiting all day for this Sharon and what a beautiful card you have made. I'm going to have to case it. I love the way you folded it too. Thanks for the credit given. I figure we all get ideas from others anyway and it's just great we can share.

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I love your version. Thanks for the directions. One of these days I'll get brave and try it!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Wow Sharon this is beautiful!! Love it thanks for the tutorial too!!

Gwen Mangelson said...

this is GORGEOUS! Until I saw your version, I really didn't like this type of project!!!
you are SUCH an enabler! lol

love ya gal!

Gwen

Krafting Karen said...

Thanks for showing us how to do this. I got one of these cards in my Christmas Winter swap and I was hoping someone would post directions. Love it!!!

Sharon said...

This is stunning! I will certainly be casing this idea! Thanks to you AND Libby.

A Touch of SOL said...

SUPER! I cant wait to try this...

Carey said...

How fantastic. I love how you used the punches on this card. Thanks for your inspiration. Hey I was going through some cards I got last year from the VC_Rockers and found I have an original Sharon Field. Woo hoo

Carey and Roscoe

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

*jaw drops, falls out of chair and passes out from extreme delight--but not before saying:*

Sharon, this is incredible. . . .

sandi said...

How great!! Thank you for sharing.

Debbie said...

Thank you for sharing the tutorial on how to make this very cute project. My club members will be very happy!

Elizabeth said...

Sharon, you and your pyramid card really rock! You are a great instructor.

Brandy said...

I think I like this pyramid card even better than the other one! Awesome!

Chris Occhipinti said...

Oh my word, these are stunning!!! Sharon, you never fail to come up with something that absolutely inspires me...

Jackie L Watson said...

Sharon, I just your work and coming to your blog for great ideas and your pyramid card is no exception. Can't wait to make my own. Thanks for sharing a great tutorial.

Barbara Furlong said...

Everything you made is wonderful...thanks again.....

Janice Heighway said...

Sharon, what a wonderful project, and a great tutorial. Love your blog!

Janice Heighway said...

Sharon, what a wonderful project, and a great tutorial. Love your blog!

Jane Hignite said...

Super job, Sharon! Can't wait to try this!

inkedx2 said...

Great tutorial. Love the ribbon to hold it together rather than the slit. TFS

Robbie

Debbie Martin said...

Thanks for the wonderful tutorial. I have been wanting to make one of these.
www.cleverandcute.blogspot.com

Stamper Shirley said...

Sharon, I am always amazed at your work (play??). Your creations always want me to copy yours - which I guess is the idea for sharing. This pyramid card is stinkin' special - I have seen them before but never made one - until I got your tutorial so I will be busy later. Thanx for sharing your special brand of creativity with us! Hugs, Sassy

Beth Harple said...

I love the added ribbon as a closure. You did a great job.

DebbieKissel said...

THis is really beautiful and I want to give it a try! Thanks for sharing

Kathy said...

Your card is so pretty and thank you for the tutorial

Tory said...

Thanks for directions for these pretty cards.

Alicia TW said...

Love it!! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Fabiola said...

magnifique tuto, bravo et merci, biz

Donna said...

What a stunning, very fun, GORGEOUS card!

Kym said...

Very cool card Sharon!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Kym

Patrice H said...

I knew your project would be extra special. I can not wait to try this out. Your instructions are fantastic. Can we do a Vulcan Mind Meld so I can see and do things just like you!!!!!! (Smile)
You so rock. Thanks for the great inspiration. PS I got several Hi's btw!

Elaine Wright said...

As always, your project is georgous! I love the idea of the pyramid card, thanks for sharing. I'm going to have to spend some time on your tutorial page too!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Love this! I plan to make some at Christmas time!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Cynthia Ferenz said...

I love these and plan to make some for Christmas, hmmm ... maybe Halloween too. TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Carlyn Ray said...

Thanks for sharing I love the card can't wait to try

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Sharon, these are absolutely stunning and thanks so much for the tutorial, YOU ROCK!!!!!

Brenda Hugar said...

Lovely card! And thanks for the tutorial. I've been wanting to do one of these and was completely lost. Thanks so much for sharing.