Thursday, August 18, 2011

Soft and Sweet with the Kiss Technique

Today’s Creative-Sketches Design Team challenge uses a sketch along with the Kiss Stamping Technique.  If you’re not familiar with that technique, it’s basically stamping on a stamp with another stamp… LOL, say that fast three times!

When doing Kiss Stamping, the second stamp can be used to remove color, or add it to the original image.  If you add color to the image, it’s really called “Kissing with a Twist”… and that’s what I’ve done today!

CS47T_Sharon_Field_81711

On today’s challenge card and Kiss technique, I’ve used the For All You Do Stamp Set along with the Dot-Dot-Dot stamp. 

Photo2_Kissed_Blooms_Sharon_Field_P1050044

The blooms from For All You Do were first stamped with Pretty In Pink Classic Ink.  After placing the inked stamp face up on my stamping surface, I stamped on the stamp with Dot-Dot-Dot inked in Rose Red Classic Ink, and then stamped  the blooms onto Whisper White Card Stock. 

The two blooms were then cut out, leaving a narrow white shadow along the edges.  Each petal was then curled individually, rolling the edges with a paper piercing tool.  Small pieces of Stampin’ Dimensionals were then placed on the petals… touching neither the center or outer edge of the cut blooms.  This allowed me to glue the center of the bloom direct to paper (DTP), adding a little more dimensionality to my card.

Photo2_circles_Sharon_Field_1050025

Basic Jewel Pearls were added to all the flowers on my card… even the teeny tiny ones which were punched with a 1/2” Circle Punch, and popped up with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

LOL.. when you see the sketch, you’ll notice that I moved my three circles off the focal image Winking smile

Photo4_Bow_Sharon_Field_081811

Layered bands of Whisper White 5/8” Satin Ribbon were laid across card layers, and topped with a Double Loop Bow which was tied on my fingers.  Mini Glue Dots were placed beneath the top-most band of ribbon, and pinched together before attaching the bow with three more Mini Glue Dots.

Photo5_dimension_Sharon_Field_1050038

This card has a lot of dimensionality… but not so much that it requires a special mailing envelope.  Before mailing, I’ll probably slip a 5-1/2” x 4-1/4” piece of fun foam into the mailing envelope to protect the popped up layers.

I’m going to let you in on a little secret… I had to re-make today’s challenge card FOUR times!!  The first time, I forgot to use the technique.  The second time, I used the WRONG technique, and the third time forgot to use the sketch!  LOL… so I have lots to share in future posts!

CS44T-001_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

And… I still got it wrong… can you believe it!!  But I’ve run out of time and have so much on my calendar that I just have to leave it as is!

Hope you’ll play along with the challenge this week with the Creative-Sketches Challenge… and get it right the first time too!

If you would like more visual information on the Kissing With A Twist Technique, visit the resource area of Splitcoaststampers-- Kissing with a Twist Tutorial.

Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s…

Soft and Sweet Kiss Technique Card:

Stamps:

  • For All You Do
  • Dot-Dot-Dot
  • Teeny Tiny Wishes

Paper:

  • Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, and Wild Wasabi Card Stock
  • Soft Subtle Designer Series Paper Stack

Classic Ink:

  • Pretty In Pink
  • Wild Wasabi

Accessories:

  • Word Window Punch
  • Modern Label Punch
  • Basic Pearl Jewels
  • Whisper White 5/8” Satin Ribbon
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Mini Glue Dots

See you tomorrow with one of my ‘wrong’ cards… LOL, I’ve simply got to get more sleep!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Fabiola said...

très chic et délicate, parfaite, biz

Rose said...

So pretty, Sharon!!

lisa808 said...

So pretty.

nana_cindy42 said...

It's a very pretty card! I don't quite understand the technique even though I looked at the tutorial you put the link for (I would think the 'twist' part would spoil it). But what do I know! lol

inkedx2 said...

Love this! Your problems gave me a good chuckle. It is good to see such a talented stamper like yourself makes mistakes also.

Robbie

Patti said...

So pretty. Love how you did the flowers.

Anita said...

Stunning card! I love the colors.