Sunday, August 7, 2011

Revisiting Faux Silken Pearls With Color!

I’ve recovered completely from yesterday’s silver glitter bath… LOL, I tried the drier sheet trick (the glitter is attracted to that sticky stuff in the dryer sheet.)  I was able to get most of it off before resorting to the shower… I didn’t realize just how much glitter I had on my face and neck until peering into the mirror!  Yikes!  And I did an online class last night for VC Rocks too…wonder how much glitter they saw!

Today is the day many of you have been waiting for… the blog candy winners announcements!  I have to say, you were all so kind with your birthday wishes, comments, orders, and more… and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Since the comments spanned several days and venues, I finally resorted into typing up the names and putting them into a bowl to choose.  Along with help from my DH, here are the winners!

For the Free Inkspirations4U passes I actually have two winners:

Teri from NH

Nana Cindy

LOL, I do believe Ms. Cindy exhausted all possible resources in her attempts to win the blog candy… she got more tickets than anyone else!

For the double Blog Candy Stamp SetsI have one winner:

 thestampinglady who signs her comments only as “D”

I will send out email messages later this afternoon… LOL, wanted you to see your name in print first!  Thanks again to all who played along with this round of blog candy!

On to today’s card share!  This is a background I made in the VC Rocks Classroom yesterday morning… and I just had to turn it into a card!

Faux Silken Pearls, VC Rocks, Online Classroom, Super Saturday, Tutorial, Technique, Shimmer Paint, Palm Tree, Plant Hope, Antique Brad, Blog Candy, Winners

Living in Florida, I’m just naturally drawn to palm trees!  This one is from the Plant Hope Stamp Set.  Faux Silken Pearls, VC Rocks, Online Classroom, Super Saturday, Tutorial, Technique, Shimmer Paint, Palm Tree, Plant Hope, Antique Brad, Blog Candy, Winners

The background paper is a variation of the Faux Silken Pearls Technique which is on my free Super Saturday Tutorials page.  Of course, the technique has been varied a bit… I still used tissue and Frost White Shimmer Paint, but also mixed drops of re-inkers with Frost White Shimmer Paint and sponged additional color onto tissue after attaching it to the card stock base.

My goal was to have the background resemble the sea… and it truly does, almost wish I had a mermaid image to add as a focal image, wouldn’t that be fabulous?

The background has a lot of luster, shimmer, and shine…no glitter, LOL… I do believe I need to stay away from that stuff for a few days!

Faux Silken Pearls, VC Rocks, Online Classroom, Super Saturday, Tutorial, Technique, Shimmer Paint, Palm Tree, Plant Hope, Antique Brad, Blog Candy, Winners

The background for the tree was created using a brayer with Bashful Blue Classic Ink, and then sponged along the bottom edge with Wild Wasabi Classic Ink.Faux Silken Pearls, VC Rocks, Online Classroom, Super Saturday, Tutorial, Technique, Shimmer Paint, Palm Tree, Plant Hope, Antique Brad, Blog Candy, Winners

Still loving my antique brads!!  This one straddles a length of 3/8” Whisper White Taffeta… completing the card with a little ‘something extra’ as my good friend Tee from Green Isles Crafts would say!

Supplies used in today’s Faux Satin Pearls With Color Card Share:

Stamps:  Plant Hope

Card Stock:  Pacific Point, Whisper White

Other Supplies:

  • Frost White Shimmer Paint
  • Tissue Paper cut at least 1/2” larger than the card stock
  • Stampin’ Sponge
  • Multipurpose Adhesive
  • 3/8” Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon
  • Antique Brads
  • Re-Inkers:  Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, and Wisteria Wonder

You can review the Faux Silken Pearls Technique by clicking the Tutorials tab at the top of this page, or simply click Faux Silken Pearls HERE.

See you tomorrow with something new… have no clue what it will be, I’ve been working on a lot of new projects, Christmas Cards and more.

I look forward to hearing from the winners soon!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Fabiola said...

super joli et très élégant, j'aime le côté shiny..biz

lisa808 said...

Love the background paper!

Congrats to the blog candy winners.

irishgalkelly said...

This is a beautiful background Sharon! It goes so well with the blue brayer and sponged green focal point. You've created a very peaceful card.

thestampinglady said...

Doing the happy dance here--great to see my name in print as the winner of the 2 stamp sets. I'm so glad you were able to get rid of the glitter--LOL. Looking forward to receiving your e-mail later today. D

nana_cindy42 said...

Woo Hoo! Surprised to see my name but so very happy I won! I absolutely love this card! I love the colors in the faux silken pearls. And I also love the effect of the brayering & also the coloring of the tree. It's lovely all over!

inkedx2 said...

Missed your class on vc rocks. Will be checking out the tutorial!