Sunday, August 21, 2011

New Faux Flannel Technique Christmas

You can probably tell, I had a lot of fun playing with the New Faux Flannel technique… and made even more cards!

Today’s card features a new product as well:  Mica Flakes from the Holiday Mini Catalog!  Anticipating a Mica Flake container about the size of the Dazzling Diamonds container… I was pleasantly surprised when my Holiday Mini pre-order arrived with a container holding a bit more than a 1 cup measure!!

New_Faux_flannel, Technique, super_saturday, tutorial, plant_hope, holiday_mini catalog, Christmas, Card, new_product, banner, mini_brads, embossing, Sharon_field, texture

Before stamping the stand of tall pine trees from the Plant Hope Stamp Set, I added Mica Flakes to the base card stock before adding the faux flannel… unfortunately it did not show through to the top layer as well as I had hoped, but it did add a really nice snow bank texture.

New_Faux_flannel, Technique, super_saturday, tutorial, plant_hope, holiday_mini catalog, Christmas, Card, new_product, banner, mini_brads, embossing, Sharon_field, texture

Because the Mica Flakes were barely visible, I added Dazzling Diamonds too with a topical application of Multipurpose Glue.  LOL… the Bashful Blue Card Stock layer was embossed with one of my favorite Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Square Lattice.  Have you seen me use this one too many times?

New_Faux_flannel, Technique, super_saturday, tutorial, plant_hope, holiday_mini catalog, Christmas, Card, new_product, banner, mini_brads, embossing, Sharon_field, texture

Clouds were added to the New Faux Flannel Surface using a White Gel Pen… you have to be extra careful when doing this so as not to tear the flannel layer.New_Faux_flannel, Technique, super_saturday, tutorial, plant_hope, holiday_mini catalog, Christmas, Card, new_product, banner, mini_brads, embossing, Sharon_field, texture

The tall stand of trees were painted with the brush end of Stampin’ Write Markers, first with Old Olive, and then Chocolate Chip.  To make sure the tree trunk showed through the pine needles, additional Chocolate Chip Marker Ink was pounced intermittently along the the trunk area.New_Faux_flannel, Technique, super_saturday, tutorial, plant_hope, holiday_mini catalog, Christmas, Card, new_product, banner, mini_brads, embossing, Sharon_field, texture

As a final step, White Gel Pen was used to add ‘snow’ along the pine boughs, pooling the snow where it would naturally accumulate.

New_Faux_flannel, Technique, super_saturday, tutorial, plant_hope, holiday_mini catalog, Christmas, Card, new_product, banner, mini_brads, embossing, Sharon_field, textureThe Crumb Cake Background had been double embossed using the Stripes Textured Embossing Folder, so I couldn’t stamp on it.  After thinking about it for a bit, a Bashful Blue Banner stamped with “Peace On Earth” from the Comfort and Joy Stamp Set (also a new product, holiday Mini Catalog set). 

I used a 1” Square punch to punch out the ‘v’ in the banner… it’s new in the Holiday Mini Catalog too, and Wow, it was really easy to achieve perfect point alignment on my banner too!

I’m loving the new mini brads, have you ordered and received yours yet?  The new mini brads work really well with punched/stamped sentiments and without over-powering the sentiment too!

I hope you’re not tired of the New Faux Flannel Technique, LOL… I’ve got two more, completely different cards to share tomorrow.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!
Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

13 comments:

Fabiola said...

oh elle est superbe, cette technique est magnifique, biz

lisa808 said...

No, I'm not tired of your technique. Pretty and sparkly card.

Carey said...

Holy Cow girl this is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing this with your fans.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Donna said...

Wow! Thanks for letting me know about the size of the package for the mica flakes! The tutorials for the faux flannel is wonderful! You're always so sharing with tips and tutorials. Have a great day!

craftystamper said...

Absolutely love the card - and how you used the Mica flakes.

Rose said...

Gorgeous card... I love your trees, they are awesome!

Mary Cavalier said...

Lovely card - thanks for sharing. I too expected the mica flakes to be in a jar similar to dazzling diamonds and knew I wanted to make some shaker cards for my clubs so ordered 2 jars -- I am looking for ways to use mica flakes!

nana_cindy42 said...

Great card! I'll have to check out the mica flakes. I saw them in the catalog & they caught my attention. I've always loved real mica. I never get sick of seeing the trees. One of my faves.

Stampsnob said...

That is amazing , just like snow.

Lis

Cherie said...

Wow! This is totally awesome! I had purchased the mica flakes when we could pre-order but wasn't really sure what I would do with them! TFS!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend and CONGRATULATIONS! You are one of the lucky winners to win some art glitter. Hugs, Karen

TerryK said...

What a beautiful card Sharon! That snow is looking really good about now with all this hot summer weather!!

Anonymous said...

I just can't help reiterating what some others have said - What a beautiful card! I wish I had the supplies on hand to recreate it. Thanks so much for sharing :-)

Michelle in NH