Friday, August 19, 2011

French Foliage KISS Technique CS

Yesterday I told you I made a card for the Creative Sketches challenge, and then used the wrong technique (and as it turns out, a wrong sketch too… LOL.)

This is going to be a really quick post today… I’ve got lots of card stock cutting to do!  This is one of the cards.  It features the easy and fun Rock ‘n Roll Technique from Splitcoaststampers, the French Foliage stamp set, and Classic Ink Stamp Pads in multiple colors.French_Foliage, splitcoast_Stampers, rock_n_roll, technique, creative-sketches, createdbyu_blogspot, fall_Cards, Sharon_Field

Rich, fall colors were used for the card base and accents:  Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, and Whisper White.

French_Foliage, splitcoast_Stampers, rock_n_roll, technique, creative-sketches, createdbyu_blogspot, fall_Cards, Sharon_Field

Leaves were stamped in combinations of colors… Pear Pizzazz with Tangerine Tango, Tangerine Tango with Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard with Cajun Craze, and Riding Hood Red with Bravo Burgundy too.

French_Foliage, splitcoast_Stampers, rock_n_roll, technique, creative-sketches, createdbyu_blogspot, fall_Cards, Sharon_Field

The little splotchy stamp was inked and stamped with River Rock Classic Ink, which has a somewhat Green tone.  And the Paris 3/4” circle punches were inked in Rich Razzleberry Classic inked, and popped up from the surface of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.

French_Foliage, splitcoast_Stampers, rock_n_roll, technique, creative-sketches, createdbyu_blogspot, fall_Cards, Sharon_Field, double_loop_bow

You can get a glimpse of the open scallop border punch trim along the bottom of the card, adding just a little fun to the bottom edge!

The whole thing was finished off with a lovely Whisper White 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon Double Loop Bow, which I attached to the card front with three mini glue dots to prevent slippage of the ribbon.

No supply list today… I’ve listed everything I used in the post already, LOL… and I want to keep this one short!

Things have been so crazy here… I have been teaching online classes this week, had several appointments, a 2 for $5 group, and a Christmas Card Class tomorrow.  Good thing I do well under pressure, LOL… and also a good thing my DH can cook too!

DD comes home from NYC this evening… she’s quite the traveler these days!  I look forward to seeing her, even though I know she will probably sleep the weekend away!

I hope you have a lovely, and safe weekend… and hope to see you back here tomorrow for a new Super Saturday Tutorial!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

I love that stamp set. So glad it made it into the IBC! It's perfect for the Rock 'n Roll technique. I used that technique on my latest blog post with the Gently Falling set.

Donna said...

Beautiful technique, and even lovlier cards!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon!

I LOVE the colors you used on this card. Perfect for this stamp set and perfect for this technique too. Gorgeous!!

Krafting Karen said...

The colors on this are so vivid! Very beautiful card. Thanks for sharing it!

Fabiola said...

superbe et très nature, biz