Monday, August 15, 2011

Blue Christmas - Another Pyramid Card!

Did you enjoy this weekend’s season finale, VC_Rocks blog hop and Super Saturday Tutorial?  I know I enjoyed seeing all the bunches of punches themed projects!  Today I’m back to business, and daily posting! 

I’m having so much fun making pyramid cards! The three dimensional cards fold flat, and fit neatly into a standard A2 envelope too.  Today’s card features the soft blue colors from the “Beau Chateau” DSP collection!  I am going to have to re-order more of this DSP, as I’ve completely fallen in love with it… and I think you will too!

I used a bunch of different stamps and punches on today’s pyramid card too… I know many of you want the list of supplies, so that will appear at the end of today’s post too.blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3DTied with a lovely 5/8” Very Vanilla Satin Bow, this side of the pyramid card is complimented with scallop, and triple doily punches.   The doily reminds me of a snowflake. blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneBashful Blue card stock was brushed with Champagne Shimmer Paint and allowed to dry before punching out the Triple Doily snowflake.blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneChantilly Lace and overlapping Belle Chateau DSP are complimented with a designer label punched image.blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneAnd on the third side, additional paper from a the Subtles Collection Patterns DSP Stack with a punched snowflake too!blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneI’ve always loved this image, I guess it reminds me of a folk art traditional Pennsylvania Dutch Hex Sign, often decorating barns.blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneThe entire card folds flat, ribbon tails wrapped around the body of the card and one leg help to keep it flat.blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneAnd of course, as mentioned before, the entire card fits inside a standard A2 envelope… isn’t that great?blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneWhen you first open the card, you’ll see two more DSP covered panels.  I’ve added Ornament Punched DSP to the left side, along with a tiny 1/8” taffeta bow.blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagneAnd, after opening both flaps, the interior card message is revealed, flanked by two more beautiful Beau Chateau DSP panels.blue_Christmas, Christmas, Pyramid_card, libby_Dyson, tutorial, beau_chateau, Designer_Series_Paper, punches, createdbyu_Blogspot, sharon_field, ribbon, stamps, tags_til_christmas, creative_elements, many_merry_messages, pyramid, 3D, shimmer paint, champagne

Tiny Basic Jewel Pearls were added to the butterfly body.  For a moment, I contemplated making the butterfly 3-D too, but decided against it because it would make the card more bulky!

Hope you enjoyed today’s Beau Chateau Christmas Pyramid Card, and as promised, I’m also offering new BLOG CANDY today!   All you have to do is leave a comment on this post, and it would be great if you’d leave a suggestion for a future tutorial you’d like me to share as well!  I do truly enjoy reading your comments!

vintage labels, blog candy, embossing, big shot, stmapin up, textured impressions

 

Stamps & Supplies for the Blue Christmas Pyramid Card:

Stamps:

  • Creative Elements
  • Many Merry Messages
  • Tags Til’ Christmas

Classic Inks:

  • Bashful Blue
  • Marina Mist

Paper:

  • Subtles Collection DSP Pack and Bea Chateau DSP
  • Bashful Blue and Very Vanilla Card Stock

Punches:

  • 1-3/4” Scallop Circle
  • Large Oval
  • Triple Doily
  • Ornament

Other Accessories:

  • Champagne Shimmer Paint
  • Paint Brush
  • Chantilly Lace
  • 5/8” Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon
  • 1/8” Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon
  • Stampin’ Dimensionals
  • Mini Glue Dots
  • Multipurpose Adhesive
  • Basic Jewel Pearls
  • Bone Folder

See you tomorrow with a new challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

30 comments:

Libby said...

This is gorgeous. You have inspired me to go and open my Beau Chateau dsp. I just love what you have achieved with this and love how you add the ribbon. I'd never have thought of it. Truly beautiful creations, Sharon. Have you tried the 4 panel pop-up pyramid card?

Susan Carlson said...

Love your creation! I've got to get some of the Beau Chateau dsp. Since we'll soon have a special tool for scoring, I'd love to see more fancy folds projects on future tutorials : )

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Sharon. I love your tutorials and keep them for future reference. I'd ,ove to see some 3-d objects with patterns or dimensions. I love boxes and bags for giving or some other useful objects. Thanks for sharing all your lovely projects!

Anonymous said...

Breathe taking! Can't wait to try it myself! Thanks once again for all the insperation!
toodles
CandyCC

Janet Swofford said...

Your card is so beautiful! I love this DSP too. Such pretty colors and patterns. I love the way you have used them on the different sides of your pyramid card. Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win this awesome blog candy!
Inky hugs,
Janet

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pyramid card! TFS!

Sue-Lynn in PA
Suelynn99pa @ gmail dot com

Angel Hawks said...

Your card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Laura K said...

I have never seen a Pyramid Card before. I can't wait to try one for myself. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sharon this card is so beautiful. I hadn't really looked at the Beau Chateau DSP, but now I'm going to be ordering it in my 4 for 3 DSP buy this month! I'm also going to try this card out. Perhaps one of your future tutorials could focus on pop up or stair step cards. I just can't get enough of them and I'm always looking for new ideas. Thanks.
http://pennytokensstampinspot.blogspot.com

lisa808 said...

Beautiful in blue!

Kimberly S. said...

Wow!!! This card is GORGEOUS!! I absolutely LOOOOVE that Beau Chateau DSP! I've never attemped making a pyramid card....but now I'd like to!

Brenda H. said...

'LOVE your pyramid cards . . .'just GOR-JUS! Thanks for the great tutorial!
I'd love a future tutorial on some awesome 3D project, such as a box or hot chocolate holder.
Thanks for this chance to win sweet candy!
~Brenda H.

soakes69 said...

you always inspire me to do better---thanks again!!!

Kathy said...

Love this card, you are very creative! Haven't any of this dsp...but this is making me want some. Thanks for the blog candy and for sharing your great ideas.

Kathy C.

Elaine said...

Your creations are such wonderful inspirations! Thank you for sharing your great tutorials!
ewillcox@earthlink.net

Roberta said...

I love your pyramids cards! What a great concept. Thanks for sharing.

Wilma B said...

Thanx sharon...I found it!!! (wilma) glad I found your blog...your cards are awesome!!

Fabiola said...

super chic et très élégante, biz

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Gorgeous as always Sharon! How about some MDS tutes? I know there are others out there, but you always explain things quite well, and take enough pics that I see what you're talking about. I am definitely a visual learner. I really need to go back and re-learn how to use this program.

Anonymous said...

The Pyramid Card is so elegant, who would think it is a card. Thanks so much for your time in giving us the tutorial. It is a must try on my list.
I can always think of something I would like to see how to do when in the midst of trying to figure it out. I'll jot it down the next time, but keep coming up with your great ideas.
Seletta

nana_cindy42 said...

This is beautiful!!! Looking forward to trying it sometime!!!

JERILEE KERR said...

your are so generous with your creativity. i love the talent you share with us for the free tutorials. i have found them very useful with learning how to create beautiful cards. one thing i also enjoy is your layout of your blog. it's full of tidbits of treasures for us to learn from you. maybe you could share some page layouts once in awhile?

abbartski said...

oohhh, your colors are sooo pretty that you 've chosen and I love the ribbon and pearl accents. I would love for you to post more fun fold card tutorials. Thank you for sharing your talent and goodies!
Stay well,
AnnMarie

Gail S. said...

Thanks for the tutorial, Sharon! You do a wonderful job. As far as new tutorials - anything you come up with is special :) I am going to have to try this, I love trying different folds/card shapes. P.S. This paper IS beautiful.

Nicole Tugrul said...

This is such a great idea! I really love this new idea for a card. Thanks so much for sharing and telling us how to make it too!

Babe O'Mara said...

Your tutorials are fabulous. I'd like to see more boxes and bags. I enjoy making them almost as much as cards. Thanks for a chance to win some great candy.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Kay said...

Hi and thanks for another beautiful project! I would love to see more items to put candy in since the Holidays from Halloween to Valentine's Day are almost here.
Thanks for the chance to win some blog candy! Hugs!

Pam said...

WOW! I have been trying to decide what type of card I want to make for Christmas this year and now I think my search is over. I love your pyramid card. Especialy the paper! Thanx for the inspiration!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon! Love your blog and your wonderful tutorials. I'd like to see quick, simple stuff. Life is busy and I don't always have time for multiple steps. I enjoy your backgrounds for card making especially. Thanks for all you do!

vch118@aol.com said...

Sharon, Just found your blog and saw the Faux Blanket tutorial and the cards you made! Awesome! Will be visiting you often!