Friday, July 29, 2011

Well Worn Inspired Natures Pace

Do you remember the pretty Christmas Card I shared on Monday?  It was one of six we made in last week’s Christmas Card Class, and a CASE (Copy and Share Everything) of another card I had made.  You can view the original card HERE.

Today’s card share just happens to be the card I CASE’D.  Using new products from the 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog, it features the Natures Pace Stamp Set, and Well Worn Designer Series Paper (DSP).  I’ve really been having a lot of fun with Well Worn DSP!!  The versatile patterns and color palette at first seem heavily masculine, but once you start making a few projects with the DSP, it just leads you in all directions!

well worn, designer series paper, new products, catalog, natures pace, denim, ribbon, embossing, texture, artichoke, mini brads

The focal image was stamped onto Neutrals Ivory Card Stock, and colored with markers (marker colors:  Rose Red, Always Artichoke, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, and Regal Rose). 

well worn, designer series paper, new products, catalog, natures pace, denim, ribbon, embossing, texture, artichoke, mini brads

Two scallop oval punches were cut from Soft Suede card stock, and then trimmed to within 1/8” of the scallop edge. After clipping into the curves with my paper snips, the scallop trim became very flexible, and was easily attached to the wide oval punched/stamped image using tiny dots of multipurpose adhesive

well worn, designer series paper, new products, catalog, natures pace, denim, ribbon, embossing, texture, artichoke, mini brads

LOL.. you can see where I attached the two scallop trims if you look closely at the photo above!  And, here I’ve also used another new product:  mini brads!!  The mini brads are placed using a mat pack and paper piercing tool, piercing the holes with only one space between each brad hole.

well worn, designer series paper, new products, catalog, natures pace, denim, ribbon, embossing, texture, artichoke, mini brads

This is another new product:  Artichoke Denim Ribbon.  The new Denim ribbon comes in Blue Jean Color and Artichoke… it’s very similar to 3/8” taffeta in appearance, although a bit sturdier.well worn, designer series paper, new products, catalog, natures pace, denim, ribbon, embossing, texture, artichoke, mini brads

Of course, there’s lots of texture going on within this card… Both Square Lattice and Finial Press Textured Embossing Folders were used on the Naturals Ivory Card Stock, and then sponged with Crumb Cake Classic Ink using a Stampin’ Sponge.

Yesterday I hosted my first ever live web training featuring ribbon tips, techniques and more… a little rough go at first with a few technical glitches, it finally came together with the help of my good friend Tee from Green Isles Crafts!  (Thanks to my very good friend, Tee!)  I’ll be doing three more next month, hope you’ll join me live too!  Join the VC Rocks Yahoo Group and don’t miss a single webinar!

There’s a lot going on this weekend, our DD just found out she will be coming home after spending two (more) weeks in NYC…and of course tomorrow is my regular free tutorial for Super Saturday!  Sunday and Monday I will also be sharing cards made in last week’s Designer Series Paper/Layered Card Class.

Be sure to check out upcoming classes and events at the top of the page, and register early!

AND… it’s my Birthday Weekend!!   So… stay tuned, I’ll probably have a really cool surprise to share this weekend too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

13 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Soooo pretty!! I love everything about this card!

Happy (early) Birthday!!!!

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful Sharon! This is a pretty design. Good to see the new ribbon too. I haven't seen anyone use it in blog land yet.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend! Hugs and smiles to you.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Sharon, this is a gorgeous card, I have to have some of that DSP. It really is pretty. Enjoyed the class yesterday, even though I came in late. You are a great teacher.

hugs,

lisa808 said...

Happy Birthday weekend and congrats on being a LNS artist pick!

Dee in N.H. said...

Just beautiful! Have a fabulous birthday! Glad to hear your daughter will be home to help you celebrate! You are a special person who deserves a special day!

Patrice H said...

Absolutely Beautiful! I hope you have a Great Birthday too! Wish Big my Friend!

Patrice H said...

Wow Someone is going to have a Birthday!!! I Hope your Birthday is special and full of love and wishes that come true! This card is so very beautiful. It is another one of your works of art.
Happy Birthday to you!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Love this card! So pretty! I never thought to put the bee inside the floral "frame"! TFS!

peggy_27 said...

Great card! Thank for showing the denim ribbon!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Oh my Miss Sharon...you've done it now. Combined my favorite colors, favorite new catalog DSP with my favorite embossing folders for that textured look I love...AND...you added vintage images that included a Bee! I'm in Heaven! And the lovely thing about this card...it will literally work for any Occasion...well okay..maybe not Halloween unless that's a killer bee but really, Wedding, sympathy, Thank You, Mothers Day...even Christmas. All it needs is the right interior message.

BTW the webinar was fabulous. I'm still tying ribbons on my fingers..and I'm hoping the ribbon holds out as I just can't stop!

Have to admit...I already peeked ahead. Love the ongoing Super Saturdays..they definitely make my Saturdays a lot more super and this Saturday was no exception. And hey Girlfriend...Happy Birthday. Now that the webinar is over...the tutorial posted I hope you are taking time to kick back with the family and let them treat you in the royal birthday manner you so deserve.

And lest I forget. Thanks for offering some fab blog candy...so lovely when birthday girls share the presents. Sharing cake might be even better - tee hee but not sure how you would get it to Oregon through the ether.

Hugs and happy thoughts coming your way. - J.

Janet Swofford said...

Gorgeous card! I love how you made a masculine DSP look so feminine! You have made me take another look at Well Worn from a totally new perspective:-) Thanks for sharing!
And Happy Birthday Week!!!
Inky hugs,
Janet

Patti said...

Catching up on my blog hopping and see you're giving us a gift for your birthday. Hope you have a wonderful Happy Birthday. I really like your Saturday tutorials; always something a little different and unique.re

Kathy Mc said...

Super job with the new DSP. Thanks for so generously sharing your birthday celebration with us by offering blog candy. Happy Birthday ~ hopes it terrific!