Tuesday, July 5, 2011

UDI43–Soft, CAS Precious Butterflies

Welcome to the Wednesday UDI Color Challenge!  For this week’s challenge, I’m featuring the new Idea Book And Catalog Stamp Set “Precious Butterflies”.  I haven’t had a lot of quality time with this stamp set to-date, LOL… but I can already see that it’s got lots of potential for fresh, fun and even whimsical cards!  This week, our colors are Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, and Crumb Cake.

precious butterflies, idea book and catalog, hostess, basic jewels, rhinestones, punches, color challenge, UDI, Sharon Field, Created by You

After stamping the whimsical vine image in opposing corners, three butterflies were stamped in random directions, and embellished with wonderful Basic Jewel Rhinestones.

precious butterflies, idea book and catalog, hostess, basic jewels, rhinestones, punches, color challenge, UDI, Sharon Field, Created by You

So many ribbons retired from the last catalog!!  Thankfully, I just happened to have a roll of Pretty In Pink grosgrain to match today’s colors!  After adding a border of ribbon, a double loop bow was tied and attached to the card with three Mini Glue Dots.

precious butterflies, idea book and catalog, hostess, basic jewels, rhinestones, punches, color challenge, UDI, Sharon Field, Created by You

LOL… and the ribbon tails were properly notched too!

precious butterflies, idea book and catalog, hostess, basic jewels, rhinestones, punches, color challenge, UDI, Sharon Field, Created by You, Double Loop Bow

The “Just For You” sentiment was stamped, punched and layered onto the card, attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and enhanced with three tiny Basic Jewel Rhinestones for a very quick, CAS (Clean and Simple) card design.

precious butterflies, idea book and catalog, hostess, basic jewels, rhinestones, punches, color challenge, UDI, Sharon Field, Created by You

Hope you had a wonderful 4th and Holiday!  Today I’m prepping for the 1st Wednesday Card Club and Luncheon, and meeting with a new friend too.  Busy, busy… at some point this week I will update my Classes and Events page with new July Classes featuring new Idea Book & Catalog stamp sets, papers, and other items… be sure to watch and register early!

Some interesting questions came up over the weekend at the Evangel Temple July 3rd Craft Fair, so I thought I’d take a moment to address them here on my blog as well.

Q:  How can a beginner learn to stamp?

A:  Simply sign up for one of my stamp classes, attend a club meeting, schedule a one-on-one, or even host an in-home demonstration/workshop with friends!  Beginners are always welcome!

Q:  Are your classes open to everyone, even demonstrators?

A:  Absolutely!  Some of my down-line team members, adopted down-line and even demonstrators from other venues and companies attend my classes and club meetings!  I simply ask that if you are a demonstrator for SU or any other company, that you identify yourself upon registration, and respectfully not engage in competitive practices while attending my events.

Q:  I was a demonstrator 10 years ago, and boy, has SU changed!  How do I find out about all the new products offered?

A:  Simply contact me to request a new Idea Book & Catalog, or visit the Catalogs page here on my blog Created By You!  Psst… you may also want to check out the current $99 Demo Kit Special too (click on the icon in my sidebar menu).

Join the Color Challenge team this week… create a card, scrapbook page or project using this week’s challenge colors, and then visit the Utah Divas International Blog to upload a link to your project’s URL! 

See you tomorrow with a new challenge from the Creative-Sketches Design Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful card!

nana_cindy42 said...

This is really pretty!