Thursday, July 14, 2011

It’s Wild Wasabi, My Friend!

The Creative-Sketches Design Team is taking a break this month… but we’ll be back with more great challenges in just a couple weeks. In the mean time, you just get to see more of the new catalog product cards and projects I’ve designed to share with my customers and friends!

The new “My Friend” stamp set is already quite a hit with my stamp club members, customers and friends.   LOL, it probably helped when I made a ton of card projects using this stamp set ; )

P1030457

This was one of the very first cards I made using “My Friend” and the new Lace Border Punch.  I wanted another way to use the punch, and after trying masking and sponging the border, decided to utilize just a portion of it.

P1030460

Allowing only the lacey edge to peek from beneath the card stock, it creates an awesome effect don’t you think?

P1030462

Everyone who sees this stamp set seems to fall in love with the swirly, graceful “hello” which is stamped and matted here with Not Quite Navy Classic Ink and Card Stock.

P1030463

I like the “my friend” sentiment too… with the graceful lines of a stamped floral image. 

Of course you know that I really enjoy adding texture and depth to a card or project… so here I’ve used my big shot machine and square lattice Textured Embossing Folder (TEF) to add background texture to the Wild Wasabi Card Stock before inserting three Regals Collection brads.

P1030463

Just two more days until last weekend’s Blog Candy Winner will be announced.. you have to be in it to win… simply leave a comment on last weekend’s VC Rocks blog tour post (July 9th) and then check back here on Super Saturday to see if you are a winner!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Amazing card Sharon! Love the way you used the border punch. You are so clever! I almost prefer it used this way. Your alignment of the foliage is perfect with the hello piece and the card base. I don't think I have that skill. lol. Thanks for the inspiration today!

Patrice H said...

OH this is a pretty one Sharon! I too love this stamp set.

Dee in N.H. said...

That's awesome!! I love the way you layered just a portion of the image over the image under it! Great card!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Very pretty card! I would have never paired WW with NQN but it totally works!!!