Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Blog Candy And Cards Too!

On Friday, I shared that this is my birthday weekend… LOL, we don’t just have birthdays at my house… my DS, DD, and DH all believe they should have birthday weeks (and even birthday months)… but I’m perfectly happy with just a few days of acknowledgement and extra kindness.

In honor of my birthday weekend, I’ve brought you a brand new technique (did you see yesterday’s Faux Foil Technique?)… AND (drumroll….) BLOG CANDY! The technique of course, like all my Super Saturday Techniques is free…. and so is the BLOG CANDY… and… YOU have 3 ways to win:

  1. Leave a comment on any of my posts from July 29th through August1st telling me what you love about Super Saturdays – you’ll be entered once into the drawing for each day you comment.
  2. Earn an extra drawing daily if you also wish me Happy Birthday in your comment!
  3. Make a purchase from my Online Stampin’ Up! Store HERE, and you’ll be entered in the drawing with TEN chances to win.
  4. Book an in-home workshop with me for the month of AUGUST, and you’ll receive TEN entries!

TWO BLOG CANDY Prizes will be awarded next Sunday to TWO winners!  

  • ONE happy winner will win a FREE PASS to the next session of Inspiration 4 U!!
  • ONE happy winner will win TWO Clear Mount Stamp Sets:  Sunny7 Fun and Silhouette Sentiments!BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Good Luck to all of my wonderful readers, followers and stamping friends!

And now… for today’s card shares!  I’ll keep the chit chat at a minimum today as I’ve already filled up a page about BLOG CANDY!! 

Today’s cards are from a recent card making class, students made all six cards which featured Well Worn Designer Series Papers (DSP), Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Papers and even Red Glimmer Paper too!  Several but not all of these cards would be great for that special guy in your life… nice, CAS, Masculine Cards!  BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Supplies:

  • Lovely As A Tree and Tiny Tags Stamp Sets
  • Early Espresso and Crumb Cake Classic Inks
  • Well Worn Designer Series Paper
  • Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, and Basic Gray Card Stock
  • Big Shot Machine and Stripes Textured Embossing Folder
  • Hemp Twine, Tag Punch, Neutrals Brads, Stampin’ Sponge, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Multipurpose Adhesive, Mini Glue Dots

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Supplies:

  • Totally Tool Stamp Set
  • Soft Suede Classic Ink
  • Well Worn Designer Series Paper
  • Naturals Ivory, Not Quite Navy, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso Card Stock
  • Big Shot Machine, Timeless Trim XL Die, Herringbone and Stripes Textured Embossing Folders
  • Cajun Craze Stampin’ Write Marker, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Mini Brads, Silver Brads

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Supplies:

  • A Word For You Stamp Set
  • Night Of Navy Classic Ink
  • Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Naturals Ivory, Night Of Navy, River Rock, and Cajun Craze Card Stock
  • Big Shot Machine, Timeless Trim Die, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder
  • Paper Daisies, Regals Buttons, Hemp Twine, 1/2” wide paint brush, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Mini Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Supplies:

  • Happiest Birthday Wishes Stamp Set
  • Basic Black Classic Ink
  • Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Crumb Cake, Basic Black and Very Vanilla Card Stock
  • Scallop Circle, 1-3/8” Circle, and 1” Circle Punches
  • Basic Black 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Supplies:

  • Easy Events Stamp Set
  • Soft Suede Classic Ink
  • Well Worn Designer Series Paper
  • Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, and Very Vanilla Card Stock
  • Big Shot Machine and Herringbone Textured Embossing Folder
  • Crumb Cake and Riding Hood Red Stampin’ Write Markers, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, and Not Quite Navy 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Supplies:

  • Delightful Dozen Stamp Set
  • Soft Suede Classic Ink
  • Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper
  • Very Vanilla and Soft Suede Card Stock
  • Big Shot Machine, and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder
  • Itty Bitty Punch Pack and Lace Ribbon Border Punch
  • Basic Jewel Pearls, Very Vanilla 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots

LOL… these cards were so easy to make, class attendees were done in an hour and a half!  Scroll down for additional views and close-ups!BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Stripes Textured Embossing Folder… used vertically and horizontally on the Crumb Cake Card Stock layer.

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Mini Brads made great rivets for this handyman’s saw!

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Paper Daisies and Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper were painted with Champagne Shimmer Paint.  Be sure to let the paper daisies dry completely before attaching button or layering with Stampin’ Dimensionals!

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

A simple ribbon knot is attached to the layered and popped medallion using mini glue dots.

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

Everyone loved the stitching lines on the snail’s shell, and the lovely rhinestone ‘bling’ too!

BLOG_Candy, Sunny Fun, Inkspirations 4 U, Pocket Silhouettes, Classes and Events, Shop Online, Online Store, Supplies, Stamps, Card Stock

So clean and simple… itty bitty punch pack, vintage wallpaper textured embossing folder, and basic pearl jewels were topped with a simple knotted bow too!

See you tomorrow with more cards from last week’s Watercolor Wonder Crayon Class… and have a great weekend! I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

43 comments:

Patrice H said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHARON!!!!
I really look forward to your Super Saturday's I always learn something new and usable! It's either with an amazing Technique or invention or on using DSP, CS Ink, Embellishments, Stamp Set ... the list can go on. Hope you have a great BD Weekend!

Annette said...

Many happy returns of the day Sharon. I hope you have many more happy birthdays.
As usual, your site provides me with great inspiration, especially the tutorials you provide with your Super Saturday lineup.
I am very intrigued with the faux foil technique. I can't wait to try it out.

CardArTart said...

Hi Sharon, and Happy Birthday to you. These cards are all wonderful, but I especially like the ingenious use of brads on the saw handle. Have a great Birthday Month - heck if the kids can do it, you can too :)

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Wow! Love all the cards! Happy Birthday! I'm a big fan of birthday weeks too! Hope yours is wonderful! Jeannie

Linda Peterson said...

I really look forward to the super saturday tutorials because you always have something that I did not know.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!!! I hope this is your bestest best, craftiest year EVER!!! Hugs!

(I'm a Demo, so no need to enter me, lol!)

Lori Watson said...

I love all your cards this week I know I'll ahve to break open my moring mocha dsp today. Happy Birthday I hope you spend some time for you. Thank you again for inspiring me to get into mycraft room!

lisa808 said...

I love the new tips I learn from your Saturday Tutorials. So many cards today! I really like the tool card as I have difficulty coming up with masculine ideas. Happy Birthday Weekend!!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!! I posted your bday wish on Stampin Addicts the other day and meant to come over here and wish you a happy birthday, but I forgot. Thank you so much for doing the super saturday tutorials. I love the way you experiment with things and come up with new techniques, and I truly love the way you epitomize, love what you do and share what you love. You are so willing to share with us! It's so wonderful to see. Thanks so much!

paula said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!! Love the long celebation. I look forward to opening your emails and seeing what you have created.

Seletta said...

Happy,Happy Birthday wishes, so loving your blog. Thanks for sharing and may your week ahead be blessed.
SIU,
Seletta

Susan Carlson said...

Happy Birthday, Sharon!!! I've been looking for a "Man Card" class ideas and I've found them right here on your blog. It's almost one-stop shopping, LOL! I look forward to your free tutorials every week. I always learn something new. Thank you!

Vicki said...

Hippo birdy two ewes
Hippo birdy two ewes
Hippo birdy to Sharon
Hippo birdy two ewes - and many more!
Thanks for sharing your ideas, your creativity and your techniques!
Have a great day!

thestampinglady said...

Happy Birthday--may your day, week, month and year wonderful, just like you. I am a very happy subscriber to your blog so that I do not miss anything. Saturdays posts are also great because you share freely new ideas and techniques that you have discovered. When possible I always try to play along.

I just love that new Mocha paper you used on some cards today. It is so versatile.

Becca said...

I love your super saturday technique because I always learn something new and it is FREE:). Hope you have a fabulous happy birthday.

peggy_27 said...

Happy Birthday! Both of those DSPs are on my wish list-they have just move up and will be ordered much sooner. thanks for sharing!

Leslie said...

Wishing you best birthday weekend ever.

Texas JennyWren said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!! I always read your blog and NEVER miss your saturday shares. Love all the tips and techniques you share with us. Fingers crossed for blog candy. txjennywren.blogspot.com

Eileen said...

I llok forward to supersaturdays becasue it is like receiving a lovely surprise,I learn something that I can use and the price is awesome!!!!Thanks for sharing
Eileen

judyjstamper said...

Happy Birthday, Birthweek, and Birthmonth! I, too, tend to go for at least a week. As you know, I always enjoy looking at your creations and seem to find something new to try!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon, I reasonally just sign up to receive your e-mails & I must say I made a new folder just for you to save all your beautiful cards. I'm very appreciative on your free Super Saturday Techique. This is my second one & enjoying them very much. Keep up your good work & thank-you for letting me visit your blog! I hope you have a great birthday & many more! Happy Birthday... Debbie :o)

Betty Jo said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! I hope you have a great weekend! I love the tips and tutorials that you have on super Saturday! They give me inspiration to try something myself.
Thank you
Betty Jo

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We take the weekend for our birthdays - it makes it more fun. I love learning new techniques on Saturdays or being reminded of something that I used to do. Thanks for all the stuff you share.
Michelle in NH

Teri said...

Happy, happy birthday to you, Sharon!! You rock!!

I love Super Saturdays because I can try out new things and learn how to do things I never tried before. It's fun!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Happy Birthday lady!! Love the Saturday tutorials.. you're so talented.. but don't put me in the drawing... giveit to one of your stampers. :) Hugs.. Keep up the good work.

pam said...

Happy Birthday Sharon and many more. I love the tips and tutorials that you have on super Saturday! I save them all. Thanks for the chance to win

nana_cindy42 said...

Hope you are having a very Happy Birthday weekend!

I love the tutorials because I am so hungry to learn anything I can about stamping.

I've been practicing water coloring with my Stampin' Up Pastels and Pastel Pencils I have using the techniques you showed us with SU Watercolor Crayons.
Thanks so much for your learning classes and online tutorials!

Anita said...

Happy Birthday! I love all your cards. They are great inspiration.

Sharon Winter said...

Happy Birthday, Sharon. Hope you've had a wonderful weekend full of happy surprises!

I, too, follow your Blog and save many of the tutorials you offer so freely. This wasn't from the weekend, but your tone-on-tone white Christmas card has inspired me not only to CASE your card, but to come up with one of my own. I'm just waiting for my pre-order from the holiday mini to carry it out.

Thanks again for your generosity in sharing your art.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!! I know that I no longer have birthdays just anniversaries of my 29th birthday. I love the tutorials and have to try them when I get time. I hope everyone makes your birthday as fun as you make theirs.

Sherri Power

Penny Hanuszak said...

Although it's been said many times many ways, "Happy Birthday" to you!!! Hope your day and the year ahead is as wonderful as you Sharon. Thanks for sharing your special Saturday tutorials. I've learned so many tips and tricks from you and you share so freely. I love that you really walk the talk.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Happy Birthday my friend! As the Mom you of all people deserve the month long celebration!! And with your fabulous Saturday tutorials we all now have the skills to be sending you a new birthday card for every day of that month! Wow..can you imagine what that would do to your mail carrier and mailbox. They'd have to dedicate one truck to fill the box each day!!


May you find joy and be blessed with all good things in the coming year.

Hugs and lots and lots of ♥♥♥♥♥ - J.

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Sharon! I am an avid fan of yours and read all your posts. You have such good ideas and such lovely cards. I want to say a special thanks for the techniques you share. They are always fun and interesting.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, Happy Birthday Weekend, and many more!!! I love Super Saturdays with you because I learn a new technique every week, or I refresh a technique that I am rusty on. Thank you for sharing your gifted talent to all of your followers, Sharon. Linda A. :)

Sandy O. said...

Happy Birthday, Sharon! I love your Saturday tutorials. I participated in a stamp/scrap sale this past weekend and told everyone about your blog. You'll probably get some new fans soon.

Lively Ink said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love Saturdays because I can learn a new technique from you to share with all of my workshops. I have learned so many wonderful techniques from you to pass on and I love how you show step by step so we don't have to do any guess work. Have a great BDay week!

DebbieG said...

Debbie G
Sharon loved the Super Saturday tutorials.Thank you
debbieanng at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

Debbie G
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SHARON !!!!
Hope all your wishes come true.
I am celebrating my birthday today too.
debbieanng at yahoo dot com

irishgalkelly said...

Happy Birthday Sharon!!

I just love your Saturday Tutorials because I learn so much from you. Your attention to detail is top notch too which makes it easy to follow without your presence to ask questions. Thanks for all you do, you are a treasure!

Janet Swofford said...

Happiest of birthdays to you!!! I hope you have a great week:-)
I love all of your class cards! Wish I lived close enough to attend one of your events! My favorite is the brown polka dot card. It is so simple but elegant at the same time. I'm loving that new punch ,too. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Inky hugs,
Janet

Patti said...

Great guy cards. And they look perfect for a class. The Super Saturday's tutorials are so well thought out and presented. Very easy to follow the directions. Are you enjoying your Happy Birthday weekend? (I keep forgetting; your Christmas card on Friday is beautiful. The dsp works perfectly on it).

Bette said...

Happy Birthday, Sharon! Hope all month is super wonderful for you and your family. What do I like about your Saturday tutorials? I learn something new every time and especially like that you are so generous to share with you. Especially like the Delightful Dozen Stamp set card. Simple and elegant!

Kathy Mc said...

Sharon, hope your birthday was fabulous and let the celebrating continue till whenever! Love your masculine cards and your Super Saturday tutorials are so full of new ideas and techniques. You are so very willing to share your expertise with all of us for free ~ love that too! Thanks for the chance at blog candy!