In today’s Super Saturday Tutorial feature on Created By You, we’ll be making a small gift bag with matching 3x3 gift enclosure card and envelope. It’s perfect for a small giftable… or when you are gifting cash or checks.
Isn’t this fun? The small gift bag measures 1x5x1 and is perfect for when you want to give a cash gift with just a little something extra… perhaps a favorite candy treat, matchbox car, or other small objects.
The striped So Saffron Designer Series Paper (DSP) shown is from the new Idea Book & Catalog collection called “Just Add Cake”. The number run along the length of one side of the striped paper.
The 3x3 Gift Enclosure Card has a small pocket in which you can easily tuck cash or check.
Stamps & Supplies for today’s Half Sheet Gift Ensemble:
Stamps: Crazy For Cupcakes, Itty Bitty Bits, On Your Birthday, Perfect Punches
Classic Inks: Pacific Point
Paper: Pacific Point and Whisper White Card Stock, 1/2 Sheet Just Add Cake Designer Series Paper (DS)
- Paper Trimmer with Scoring Blade
- Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool
- Wide Oval and Large Oval Punch
- 5” Satin Ribbon
- Paper Snips
- White Gel Pen
- Pacific Point, Real Red and So Saffron Stampin’ Write Markers
- 2-Way Glue Pen
- Dazzling Diamonds
- Basic Jewel Rhinestones
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Bone Folder
- Multipurpose Adhesive
Paper Cutting Preparation:
Pacific Point Card Stock:
- 3” x 8”, scored at 2”, 5” and diagonal as shown in template below
- 2” x 3-1/8” (bag front)
- Scrap to stamp and cut out balloon (card)
Whisper White Card Stock:
- 2.75” x 2.75” (inside of card)
- 1-7/8” x 3” (bag front)
- Scrap to punch Wide Oval greeting (card)
- 1” x 8” scrap scored at 1/2” (lengthwise) to use as guide when punching handle.
1/2 Sheet Designer Series Paper:
- Cut to 6” x 9.25”
- align with 9.25” edge against top rail and score at 3.5”, 4”, 4.5”, 9”, 8.5” and 9”.
- Turn so that the 6” edge is against the top rail and score at 5” and 5.5”
- Use diagram below to cut remaining pieces: 2.75” x 2.75”; 3-1/8” x 1.5”, and 3/8” x 2.75”
- Use remaining scrap to stamp, and cut out cupcake base for front of bag.
Step By Step Tutorial:
- Cut and prepare card stock and Designer Series Paper according to cutting directions and templates:
- Cut Away small 1/4” gray area as shown on bag template.
- Use bone folder to crease all scored lines on bag, folding mountain/valley style.
- Place a small amount of of Multipurpose Adhesive along 1/4” edge of bag and glue shut.
- When set, use fingers to push in sides of bag… looking through the bag from top to bottom, it should now look like this….
- Fold short bottom flaps in towards the center of bag, and add some multipurpose glue to exterior of each flap.
- Fold back flap in towards bag bottom, hold in place until secure.
- Add Multipurpose Adhesive to last folded flap, and close with front bag flap. Hold in place until set. Bottom of bag is now finished.
- Holding bag along top edge, use fingers to push in sides, and flatten bag forcing bag bottom towards back so that it will fold and store flat.
- Cut a scrap of card stock 1” x 8” and score/fold at 1/2”. Insert into punch so that the fold is towards the opening of the punch. This will serve as a guide when you punch the Large Oval handle for the bag.
- Insert bag top into the punch until it butts into the folded cardstock edge. Carefully align so that the punch is centered. The folded card stock will keep the oval punch ‘handle’ horizontal and even.
- Stamp and decorate the front of the bag as shown, adding color, dazzling diamonds and ribbon closure.
- Working with the Pacific Point Card Stock, place a small pencil dot at the 1.5” mark on the 2” scored line, and at the 1/4” mark on the lower card edge just to the left. Refer to template diagram in step 1 (photo 2) if you need further clarification.
- Use bone folder to crease all scored lines, folding the angled piece toward the inside of the card.
- Place tiny dots of multipurpose adhesive along the bottom edge of the angled piece, close and hold in place until set. The inside of your card pocket should look like this:
- Stamp and decorate using card stock and designer series pieces, mat pack and paper piercing tool. Refer to photo (above) and in opening paragraph for placement and decor.
- Stamp and decorate envelope flap Designer Series Paper piece, attach to envelope and trim with paper snips. Tip: color the cupcake ‘frosting’ with white gel pen and then sprinkle with dazzling diamonds for a really WOW effect!
Tomorrow I’ll be on Jacksonville’s west side from 5pm-8pm at the Evangel Temple’s annual 4th of July Craft Fair, fire works and … I’ll have newly retired stamp sets for sale, cards, and maybe a few other things hand made items too… come on out and say hi!
I’ve been busy playing with all my new catalog items… and boy do I have a lot to share!