Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DCBD236 Daring Adventure On The Beach

Welcome to this week’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team  Color Challenge!  DCBD236 features a new Idea Book And Catalog stamp set titled “Daring Adventure”.   Found on page 145, it’s a perfect grunge stamping set!  I loved the project samples featured on the facing page (144) and so this stamp set was a must have on my first order from the new Idea Book & Catalog!

If today’s post title caught your attention, I’m sure you’re wondering hey… where’s the beach?   LOL, not really a daring adventure, more like a casual stroll along the beach here in Jacksonville, Florida!P1030749

Aren’t those foot prints fun?  I guess they’re actually shoe prints… but that’s OK, right?  I’ve seen plenty of visitors walking along the beach with their shoes on… I always want to feel the sand between my toes, and prefer to walk barefoot on our beaches!

OT:  Remember the “I’m Here” Baby Stamp set Stampin’ Up! had a few years ago?  I purchased it just for the footprints and handprints… and put them on a beach themed scrapbook page. 

After tearing a jagged edge along the sticky side of a post it note, the ‘beach’ was sponged onto card stock with River Rock Classic Ink.P1030762bfootprints

Normally I don’t re-use a post it note, but this time I did and just flipped the post it note around to mask the sponged beach and create ocean waves.  (A second ‘straight’ post it note masked the horizon).

I moved the torn post it note and re-sponged on an angle to add more depth to the water… and then added highlights to the waves with a White Gel Pen.  While the gel pen ink was wet, I also sprinkled just a bit of dazzling diamonds onto the wet ink.P1030762

Clouds in the sky were also sponged in a random fashion, using a punched scallop as a mask, and then greeting was added from the teeny tiny wishes stamp set.P1030760

Have you seen the new Mini Brads on page 199?  I wasn’t sure what to expect, but 200 brads for just $5.50 was worth the risk.  These tiny brads are only about 1/8” in diameter… with long, skinny legs.  The legs are quite pliable, so after piercing the embossed, punched background layer it was very easy to force the brad legs away from the outer edges.

If you haven’t yet guessed, today’s Diva Coffee Break Design Team Color Challenge features card stock and ink in Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze, and River Rock.DCBD_236

Hope you’ll come play along this week… add one more color of your choice, and create something fun to share with us.  Upload the URL of your card or project to the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team site, we’d love to see what you’re creating!

Have you checked out the new $99 starter kit for Stampin’ Up! Demos?  It’s customizable to your needs and what you may already own, isn’t that cool?  With just enough business tools to get your started in your own business your own way, it’s a gift you can give yourself without regrets!

Your $99 starter kit may be ordered online, and just like ordering new catalog merchandise, it will be delivered right to your doorstep!  Click on the starter kit icon in my side bar to learn more, or visit my online stampin’ up store to get started today!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon!

I love the softness of this card with the colors. Your waves are so delicate and pretty!

nana_cindy42 said...

Very nice! I love ocean cards & the different effects used!