Monday, July 18, 2011

CAS Wood-Grain Christmas Card Beauty!

Yesterday, you were promised another Christmas Card… this one will also be part of my Christmas Card Class next weekend.  A Clean and Simple (CAS) card, it is also a semi CASE (Copy and Share Everything) from a recent Paper Crafts Magazine special edition of Stamp It!!

The card I sort of case’d was made by original card idea was made by Betsy Veldman (page 116 of Paper Crafts Magazine Stamp It’ special edition).  Featuring stamped images of evergreen boughs, pine cones, and berries Betsy also used a pretty cool wood grain textured embossing folder, linen thread, buttons, and a horizontal layout.

I didn’t have a cool wood grain textured embossing folder… but I did have a Wood Grain stamp… and improvised further using the Lovely as a Tree stamp, and pine cones from the Autumn Days stamp set!  Here’s my card…SharonField, Createdbyu, blogspot, Christmas Cards, CAS, CASE, Betsy Veldman, 5 minute card, online ordering, shop online, antique brads, Lovely as a Tree, Autumn Days, Many Merry Messages, Seam Binding, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin Up

Pretty CAS card… the boughs (aka Lovely As A Tree) were stamped with Old Olive Classic Ink using the ink/stamp/stamp-off method, giving more depth to the images.SharonField, Createdbyu, blogspot, Christmas Cards, CAS, CASE, Betsy Veldman, 5 minute card, online ordering, shop online, antique brads, Lovely as a Tree, Autumn Days, Many Merry Messages, Seam Binding, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin Up

Early Espresso Classic Ink was used to stamp the pine cones, and Crumb Cake Classic Ink for the Pine Cones.  The sentiments “Seasons Greetings” comes from Many Merry Messages (a must have greeting set).SharonField, Createdbyu, blogspot, Christmas Cards, CAS, CASE, Betsy Veldman, 5 minute card, online ordering, shop online, antique brads, Lovely as a Tree, Autumn Days, Many Merry Messages, Seam Binding, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin Up

Instead of linen thread and buttons, I chose an antique brad along with Cherry Cobbler seam binding for a fun and classic look.  I LOVE antique brads, don’t you?SharonField, Createdbyu, blogspot, Christmas Cards, CAS, CASE, Betsy Veldman, 5 minute card, online ordering, shop online, antique brads, Lovely as a Tree, Autumn Days, Many Merry Messages, Seam Binding, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin Up

Have you registered for Saturday’s class yet?  be sure to do so soon!  Everything will be pre-cut for you… you will need to bring a basic tool kit (wet and dry adhesive, dimensionals aka pop dots, snips aka scissors, mat pack and paper piecing tool (if you own one), and any other basic supplies you like to carry along:  tweezers, adhesive eraser, etc.)

I’m still looking for last weekend’s Blog Candy Winner, Ria Blackwell!  If she’s a friend of yours, please have her contact me using the tab a the top of the page!

See you tomorrow with a new color challenge from the Utah Divas International Design Team!  LOL… I had to re-make my card yesterday because I totally left out one of the challenge colors!!!

Smile If you liked what you saw here today, please visit my online stampin’ up store to order your exclusive Stampin’ Up! merchandise!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous card. I have similar stamps and will try this.

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I love this card!

Annette said...

Beautiful Sharon. Definitely going into my CASE file.

Nancy said...

Wow this is gorgeous, just might have to be my 2011 Christmas card, you did an outstanding job!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon!

This is a beauty! I love the simple design and colors you used. This would be great to mass produce as well. Thanks for the inspiration, it is quite lovely.

Fabiola said...

wouah! superbe, moi j'aime c'est magnifique, biz

Queen Mary said...

Sharon I just love your card! I have the woodgrain BG stamp and I have Peaceful Wishes (SU!), I have antique brads and I MAY even have cherry cobbler seam binding! Woo hoo!

nana_cindy42 said...

Love this!!!

Betsy V said...

Sharon, your take is gorgeous! Loving the antique brad and the elegance of the seam binding! Thanks so much for sharing it with me. :-)

Betsy Veldman

inkedx2 said...

I love this card! I may be used a cased version for my Christmas stamp-a-stack!

Robbie

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Wow! Loving this...reminds me of the retired Peaceful Wishes cards I used to make. Nice to know I can replicate the look with current materials. Thanks for pointing the way.