Tuesday, June 7, 2011

UDI39 Paradise… it’s on the Retired List!

Yikes!  This time of year is full of surprises… Last week Stampin’ Up! announced/released it’s retired stamp and accessories “Last Chance” lists.  Needless to say, I lost a few stamps and will be selling many retired items on July 1st.

But it’s also an exciting time of year for demonstrators, as the new catalog sneak peek and bundle ordering information also became available!  My pre-order merchandise arrived yesterday, and I’m ready to lock myself in my stamping studio for a week… LOL, my family would miss me… especially at meal time!

Today, I’m saying farewell to one of my favorites from last years’ Idea Book & Catalog:  Paradise.  This stamp set has inspired many a card here at Created by You, and sadly saying goodbye…although I haven’t decided whether or not to hoard this stamp set, I must shelve it on July 1 for demonstration, classes, and workshop event purposes.

Today’s UDI39 Color Challenge was DARK… dark colors, with an inspiration piece representing DARK and dense foliage.  The colors sat on my stamp table for quite awhile before inspiration hit me late last week!  But, Paradise to the rescue…  I did finally make a card worthy of posting!  Hope you like it!UDI39, Sharon Field, Retired Accessories, Last Chance List, Retired Stamps, Paradise, Shop Online, Online Shopping, Stampin Up, last chance, color challenge, utah divas, udi, Wonderfully Worn, Big Shot, Square Lattice

First, Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink was applied to Glossy Card Stock using my fabulous brayer tool, and then Old Olive, and Always Artichoke Images were stamped and layered atop the brayer colored piece.  I decided not to take the time to mask images… and tried to replicate the density and overlapping images in a way similar to the inspiration piece.

UDI39, Sharon Field, Retired Accessories, Last Chance List, Retired Stamps, Paradise, Shop Online, Online Shopping, Stampin Up, last chance, color challenge, utah divas, udi, Wonderfully Worn, Big Shot, Square Lattice

I really liked how the square lattice texture embossed background came out on this card… here’s a close up shot.

UDI39, Sharon Field, Retired Accessories, Last Chance List, Retired Stamps, Paradise, Shop Online, Online Shopping, Stampin Up, last chance, color challenge, utah divas, udi, Wonderfully Worn, Big Shot, Square Lattice

The Wonderfully Worn background stamp was inked with Basic Black Classic Ink, and stamped onto Pear Pizzazz Card Stock.  I wanted a bit more depth, so inked and stamped with the same ink color and stamp a second time.

It still looked a bit um, blah… So I ran it through the big shot machine using the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder.  Things were beginning to look up a bit.. hmmm.

Still wanting more depth and texture, a sponge dauber was inked with Basic Black Classic Ink, and the color was sponged across the embossed surface using small, swirling motions.

After tying a 5/8” Satin Basic Black Ribbon around the layers, my challenge card still needed a greeting, so Inked up one of the greetings from the “Thoughts and Prayers” stamp set, and then punched out “Get Well Soon” with the Modern Label Extra Large Punch.

After sponging a little basic black classic ink along the edges, the greeting was added to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. 

Here’s the inspiration piece and challenge colors for today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge…

UDI39, Sharon Field, Retired Accessories, Last Chance List, Retired Stamps, Paradise, Shop Online, Online Shopping, Stampin Up, last chance, color challenge, utah divas, udi, Wonderfully Worn, Big Shot, Square Lattice

Hope you’re inspired to play along!  Simply upload your challenge based photo to your blog, online account, or forum and then copy and paste the url of the PHOTO to submit when visiting the Utah Divas International Team Blog!

Don’t forget to take advantage of the retiring stamp and retiring accessories lists!  As accessory supplies are depleted, they become unavailable for order… place your order at my online stampin’ up store before your favorites go out of stock!  (Links for the lists are in my side-bar!)

See you tomorrow with a new challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Awesome card! You made all those dark colors come together beautifully!

nana_cindy42 said...

I love the greens!!! Beautiful card!

Shellie G. said...

Great card! It caught my attention right away!