Friday, June 17, 2011

SFF0617 White on White Sweet Congrats

Yesterday’s Fancy Folds class ran a little late, LOL… we made four cards featuring fancy folds and motion, each a new design.  One of the cards we made was from a past Super Saturday Tutorial, featuring the very popular Double Pop Up Slider Get Well Card (the one with the bear inside).

With all the telephone company hoopla, and everything else going on here in Jacksonville, Florida… when I originally made my card for Sketch Frenzy Friday, I used next week’s sketch… luckily I realized my error early yesterday morning, and made a note to make the card this afternoon after class.

After class ended, I quickly whipped together this layered white on white card… LOL if you want to make a really nice card really quick…  just choose one color of card stock and incorporate layers and texture!

Get out your sun glasses… it’s really bright and WHITE!

SFF0617 Sharon Field, Created By You, Wedding Sweet, White on White, Wedding, Card, Congratulations, Sketch, Design Team, Challenge, Sketch Frenzy Friday

My card:  White on white, on white…. with a little vellum card stock thrown in just for fun, but lots of texture and layers here… which I think makes all the difference!

The card base was embossed on the front of the card only… at 3/8” on all four sides.  A long, narrow strip of card stock was embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder using my Big Shot Machine, and glued directly to the front of the embossed vellum card stock with Multi-Purpose Adhesive too.

SFF0617 Sharon Field, Created By You, Wedding Sweet, White on White, Wedding, Card, Congratulations, Sketch, Design Team, Challenge, Sketch Frenzy Friday

All the layers were ‘built’ or constructed upon the Perfect Polka Dots Embossed Card Stock Vellum before attaching the vellum to the scored and embossed card base.  That made it easier for me to decide where to place Multi-Purpose Adhesive when attaching the Card Stock Vellum to the card base.

SFF0617 Sharon Field, Created By You, Wedding Sweet, White on White, Wedding, Card, Congratulations, Sketch, Design Team, Challenge, Sketch Frenzy Friday

A 2-1/4” x 2-1/2” piece of Whisper White Card Stock was scored (embossed) at 1/4” on all four sides and attached to the lattice layered front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

The Fancy Flower Punch embossed flower layer was glued Direct to Paper (DTP), and additional layers of punches and paper daisies were attached DTP or with Stampin’ Dimensionals, adding to the dimensionality of the card.

SFF0617 Sharon Field, Created By You, Wedding Sweet, White on White, Wedding, Card, Congratulations, Sketch, Design Team, Challenge, Sketch Frenzy Friday

After inking ‘Congratulations’ from the Wedding Sweet Stamp Set in Basic Gray Classic Ink, I stamped off onto grid paper before stamping onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.  Stamping Off gave me a paler hue of Gray ink which blended more compatibly with the soft white on white theme of the overall card.

Basic Pearl Jewels were added to tiny paper daisy floral center and the punched greeting before attaching the greeting with Stampin’ Dimensionals too. 

Once all the layers were assembled onto the embossed Vellum Card Stock, I simply flipped it upside down and placed Multi-Purpose Adhesive behind each Whisper White card stock layer so that no adhesive shows through to the front of the card, and there’s no need for brads or fancy folds to attach the vellum!

SFF0617 Sharon Field, Created By You, Wedding Sweet, White on White, Wedding, Card, Congratulations, Sketch, Design Team, Challenge, Sketch Frenzy Friday

Here’s today’s design team sketch created by member Jennifer Weide!

SFF0617 Sharon Field, Created By You, Wedding Sweet, White on White, Wedding, Card, Congratulations, Sketch, Design Team, Challenge, Sketch Frenzy Friday

Hope you’ll take a moment to play along with us!  You can use any colors… or even just one color, LOL… upload to your blog or online gallery and then visit the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team Blog to upload the URL of your creation!

SFF works a bit like a mini blog hop… and next stop along the way is creative designer Tammy Baldwin.. be sure to give her a high five!

And for those still reading along… I have some REALLY BIG NEWS…

FINALLY, my month long saga of problems with AT&T has been resolved… well, actually it was late last night when I finally tracked down the technician from the escalation department aka “ICU” department to let him know that he had not completed the job. 

This whole AT&T problem started in the central office (computer generated problem initiated by people who couldn’t read or follow directions).  SO… We’re back in service, up and running, etc. and it only took 23 days of me making daily (and sometimes hourly) escalation calls!  Glad it’s over, and now I’m tired!  But thank you Jerome, Paula, and finally Rod for helping out!

See you tomorrow with a new FREE super Saturday Tutorial!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

20 comments:

Ret said...

Hi Sharon, ohhhhhhhh this is just beautiful! Sooooooo, soooooo pretty! You have such a creative knack, I'm jealous! heee!

Susan Carlson said...

Absolutely beautiful card! I'm pleased that your AT&T nightmare is over! Maybe blogging about it speeded up the repair process, LOL!

Dee in N.H. said...

WOW Sharon! That is gorgeous! All those textures, oh my!

Dale Morin said...

Love all that texture! Beautiful card. Came over from LNS.

Pat Smith said...

FABUTASTIC!!! The card is absolutely awesome (and so is the news of your resolution of AT&T issue!) LOVE your work!

Deb said...

I love the look of white on white! And this one is just beautiful!

Helen said...

Love white on white makes such a stunning card.

irishgalkelly said...

Gosh Sharon, this is beautiful! I love your white on white. It is just elegant. I have to admit, I stay far away from vellum with all the adhesive issues. I might need to try your white on white look sometime. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Patrice H said...

Sharon that is one STUNNING card!!!!!
Can I say Wow! Thanks for the inspiration my friend!

Tammy Fite said...

My goodness--it's beautiful!! I'm amazed each week with what you create!!

Nancy said...

Gorgeous "white" card, love the monotone look and all the layers. Hope to participate in the challenge,
Thanks for your inspiration and creativity.

nana_cindy42 said...

WOW! Sharon, you keep out-doing yourself! I so LOVE this elegant card! I still like lots of color but there are times when 'white on white' is the only fit for the occasion. I love all the textures & layers which gives it all of its 'personality'!
I really loved your Fancy Folds class yesterday! It was so much fun! My DD was astonished at the cards I made. And you know what was her fave? The last & simplest card we made! I'm so thankful I live in your area so I can attend your classes!!!
On a personal note: my DD still doesn't know anything-this new doc is baffled too.

njburk said...

Sharon: You did a LOVELY job on this white on white card--i LOVE that sort of thing--they are so impressive with all the details and texture.
Think I'll subscribe so i get more 411 from YOU!
Many hugs, Nola

Sweet n Sassy Cards said...

This is soooo pretty! I love the look of white on white but I have such a hard time doing them myself. I think I'll have to give it a try again.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful card!! Just WOW!!!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Gorgeous! Love it! Nothing better than white-on-white (except maybe vanilla-on-vanilla! LOL!) to make a card look so elegant! TFS!

stampinbygenny said...

Great use of textures and layers! Love how you made the flower. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

This is stunning! So glad you joined us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie

Shannon said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous! I love the monotone of the card. So classy. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Kristin said...

Oh how I love white cards! This is so gorgeous, with the perfect amount of textures and shapes to make it stunning! Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC. Make sure you put a link to us for your DT app!