Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Saying Goodbye, Sympathy Card DCBD234

Saying goodbye… never easy when it comes to people or pets… or stamps!  This week, in need of a special sympathy card, I immediately reached for the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set from Stampin’ Up!

Having to say goodbye… especially writing a sympathy card is such a heart wrenching experience.  Putting yourself in the other person’s shoes, you can feel the loneliness, solitude, and pain.

DCBD234, color challenge, sympathy card, sneak peek, sharon field, shop online, online ordering, stampin up, idea book and catalog, hostess set, silhouette sentiments, thoughts and prayers, faux stitching, birds, silhouette

Design muse stalled, I stared at the elegant stamped tree image stamped with Basic Black Classic Ink… and then began searching for something else to make it more special.  Gosh, I wish I had thought of using this stamp set a year or two ago!  DCBD234, color challenge, sympathy card, sneak peek, sharon field, shop online, online ordering, stampin up, idea book and catalog, hostess set, silhouette sentiments, thoughts and prayers, faux stitching, birds, silhouette

 

WHO would have thought that the bird on a branch image in the Silhouette Sentiments almost perfectly matched that on the Thoughts and Prayers tree?  I stamped the lovely tree… and the simply added just one more branch with bird en tact!

LOVE the new lace border punch… and even if I have to say goodbye to some of my most used and favorite stamp sets, I have to say that I’m very excited about the new products available too!

DCBD234, color challenge, sympathy card, sneak peek, sharon field, shop online, online ordering, stampin up, idea book and catalog, hostess set, silhouette sentiments, thoughts and prayers, faux stitching, birds, silhouette

Saying goodbye… I carefully sort through my stamp sets and make painful decisions about which stamp sets to retain, or sell.  After several years of being a demonstrator, I’ve come to realize the intrinsic value in having just the right phrase or sentiment… keeping most of the verbiage stamps on my shelves for use.

With Deepest Sympathy… a mini catalog item, is just one of those stamp sets.  Here, it is stamped in Basic Black Classic Ink, punched with a scallop oval punch, and then sponged with the same ink using a sponge dauber.  Additional bird silhouette images were added to the greeting with stampin’ dimensionals. 

DCBD 234, sharon field, design team, created by you, retiring, sympathy, challenge, color challenge, silhouette sentiments, hostess sets, lace border, punch, sneak peek, order online, online store, shop online, stampin up

There was a bit of confusion over today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team challenge…. My notes said Basic Black, So Saffron and Not Quite Navy.  The butterflies shown above are some of those colors.. but the words?  It’s a busy summer for us all…  LOL I should have used Wild Wasabi for the Lace Border punch detail… it would have looked like grass and at least I would have matched half of the challenge requirements!

Smile

See you tomorrow with a new Super Saturday Tutorial.  Speaking of Super Saturday, did you catch last week’s Silken Pearls Technique?  As I write this post, I have no clue what I’ll be doing tomorrow’s tutorial on… LOL but I’m sure I’ll come up with something!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That's beautiful! I just love the addition of the bird to the tree! Genius!

lisa808 said...

The bird is perfect!