Monday, June 6, 2011

Postal: Three Swaps for VC Rocks

Each month, VC Rocks hosts a variety of swaps, which anyone may participate in.  The yahoo group, aka “virtual convention rocks” largely consists of demonstrators but is open to everyone, and is a solicitation free zone.  For the next few months, members can participate in virtual make ‘n take sessions, online chats, swapping, and a host of other activities.

Earlier last week, I shared this Clean and Simple card, made for the Simplicity Swap.  Today I’m sharing three more cards made for three more May Swaps which I participated in at VC Rocks.

Keeping with the CAS (Clean and Simple) theme, here is the masculine nautical card I submitted to the “For the Boys” Swap.

For the Boys, Masculine, Card, Sail Away, VC Rocks, SharonField, Swap, Nautical Expedition, Designer Series Paper, Postage Stamp Punch, Summer Mini, Pretty Postage, Created By You

Simple and easy to replicate, this card featured the Sail Away and Pretty Postage Stamp Sets from the Summer Mini Catalog. 

I’m really enjoying the new postage stamp punch, and Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper!  The patterns are so versatile, and it’s easy to use BOTH sides of the paper in scrapbook pages and cards.

I had a little fun with the ribbon and eyelets on this card… reminds me of the laces in a Docksider shoe!

Here’s the card I made for the Ebony & Ivory Swap.  We were only allowed to use Basic Black and Very Vanilla Card Stock to create  a classic Ebony & Ivory Card.Ebony & Ivory, Swap, VC Rocks, Fabulous Florets, Rhinestone Jewels, SharonField, Big Shot Die, Die Cuts, Created By You, Summer Mini, Online Ordering

I used four stamp sets on this card… Fabulous Florets from the Summer Mini Catalog, along with En Francais, Wonderfully Worn, and Friends 24/7 sets from the current Idea Book & Catalog.

A tiny flower from the itty bitty punch pack was added to the center of the Fabulous Florets stamped image, and then a small rhinestone jewel added to the center.

After adding a simple tied Basic Black 1/4” grosgrain bow, the card still needed a little something… so a small piece (9 scallops) die cut piece from the Scallop Circle Duo Die, cut with my Big Shot Machine… and then added rhinestone jewels to each of the scallops as well.

In retrospect, I would have embossed the scallop piece as well.. but honestly ran out of time!  So, as is, it went in the mail to one of the fabulous VC Rocks Swap Coordinators.

I participated in four swaps through VC Rocks last month… the last one was a Fancy Folds and Moving cards swap… I tried to create something unique for this swap.  Using Summer Mini products Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper, and Flower Fest Stamp set… this is the card I submitted:Cards that Move, Pop Up Card, VC Rocks, Sharon Field, Flower Fest, shop online, Created By You, swap, summer mini catalog, online shopping

It was a pop-up card… and although I wasn’t completely happy with it, in the mail it went too.  Here’s an ‘open’ view of my Fancy Folds and Motion Swap Card:Cards That Move, VC Rocks, Yahoo Group, Virtual Convention, Stampin Up Convention, pop up, engineered cards, online shopping, flower fest, beyond the garden, summer mini, catalog, Sharon Field, shop online

Hello, Hello, Hello also comes from the Summer Mini Catalog, and is part of the Happy Greetings stamp set on page 26.

I must say a big THANK YOU! To my coordinators and swap partners… the cards I received were inspiring and I’d love to share them all with you but must contact the creators for permission first!

See you tomorrow with a new card design for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge design team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

3 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

Great cards! My fave is #3 the flower pop-up card!!! Can't wait til I get my Flower Fest Stamp set and Beyond the Garden paper! Also can't wait til your 'Fancy Folds' class!
I like the 2nd card's design but I'm not too keen about mostly black greeting cards. But it is impressive.

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS! Of course my favorite is the black and ivory! LOVE IT!
Toodlse,
Candycc

Marie-Josée Trudel, trudelmj@yahoo.ca, (450) 655-1174 said...

I am a regular visitor on your blog, Sharon, and I am very happy that you let a comment on mine :-)
Thank You!