Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Open Sea.. Two Masculine Cards

Yesterday was quite a busy day for me!  I met some wonderful new friends at the craft fair… if that’s you, thanks for stopping by my booth, and now my creative outlet, aka blog!

I’ve made so many cards using The Open Sea that I had to search my blog to find out which ones I haven’t posted to date!  Now, that’s some kind of problem, isn’t it?

I’m tempted to say that The Open Sea is one of my very favorite stamp sets in the Summer Mini Catalog… Then again I have so many favorites from that catalog!  So, don’t ask me to pick one, LOL… I simply can’t!

This very simple card was one of four we made in last months “The Open Sea” Class here in Jacksonville, Florida.  It was one of the more simple designs… and everyone loved it just the same!

It’s always nice to have a hand stamped masculine card in your stash… and this one is without a stamped sentiment, ready for any occasion as you see it.

The Open Sea, Summer Mini Catalog, Created By You, Online Store, Stampin' Up!, Created By You, Bakers Twine, masculine cards, schooner, big shot, embossing, square lattice textured embossing folder

Three 4.75” strands of Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine were tied together with an overhand knot closer to one end of the strands than the other.  The ends of the bakers twine were then spread out and wrapped around the narrow edges of Cherry Cobbler Card Stock.  You can’t see the knot now, because it is hidden behind the doily punch and compass stamped cardstock embellishments.

Don’t you love using the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder for masculine cards?  The texture from the design adds so much to an otherwise plain card stock layer, doesn’t it?

Here’s a second card again, using The Open Sea Stamp set..

The Open Sea, Summer Mini Catalog, Created By You, Online Store, Stampin' Up!, Created By You, Bakers Twine, masculine cards, schooner, big shot, embossing, square lattice textured embossing folder, Cherie Franklin

With very few changes, this card was inspired by a card made by Cherie Franklin and shared on the Stampin’ Up Demonstrator Only Forum Stampin’ Connection.  LOL… My club members and class attendees generally don’t like odd sized cards which cost more to mail, so I changed it up a bit.  Actually, my final card doesn’t really look like hers now!

Did you notice the deep water on both these cards?  It was created by inking the schooner image, and stamping upside down onto the card stock  in a random fashion.  If you are too methodical vs. random in your stamping, you’ll begin to see the hull of the ship in your water.

Hope you’re having a wonderful and laid back Sunday with family and /or friends… I know I need some good lengthy rest!

See you tomorrow with three new card shares!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop for The Open Sea and other Summer Mini Catalog Items in my:

 online Stampin’ Up! Store!

Pin It!

3 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

I love every card you create with this stamp set Sharon! The triple punch looks great under the compass too.

nana_cindy42 said...

Great cards!! I'm so glad I went to your class to make these!! Love them! Thanks!

Bonnie said...

How lovely!