Monday, June 13, 2011

On The Grow and 2 Senior Stamping Cards

I’ve made a ton of sympathy cards… but a few weeks ago when an online group friend suddenly lost her DH (Darling Hubby), I couldn’t seem to put my hands on just the right one… so, with plenty of resources to be found in my stamp room, I just made a new one!

On the Grow bell jar/vase of flowers image was stamped with Basic Gray Classic Ink, and then color was added using the Watercolor With Markers Technique from a past Super Saturday Tutorial.  I was hoping to bring a little sunshine and brightness, maybe even a smile at this sad time in her life.Sympathy, on the grow, summer mini, teeny tiny wishes, shop online, my online store, exclusive, watercolor with markers, tutorial, beyond the garden, designer series paper

Papers used on this card included Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP), Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, and Regal Rose Card Stock.  Chopping up the Beyond the Garden DSP into smaller pieces makes the large floral pattern a bit less overwhelming, don’t you think?

I chose to emboss the Whisper White Background with Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder and Big Shot Die… adding a little more softness and femininity to the card, kind of like fresh and crisp summer dress of dotted Swiss fabric.  (That’s really dating myself, isn’t it?)

After briefly toying the adding a satin ribbon and double loop bow to the card, opting instead for a little understated elegance with a script sympathy sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set, found in the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog

When I cut down a leftover scrap of Beyond the Garden DSP to use on the front of the card, I had a narrow strip of paper left over.  Waste not, want not… I decided to use it on the inside of the card.

LOL… I just couldn’t’ get the sentiment to line up correctly when I stamped it DTP (direct to paper)… so I stamped it on a scrap, squared it back up with my paper trimmer, and glued on top of my boo boo… or creative opportunity!

Sympathy, on the grow, summer mini, teeny tiny wishes, shop online, my online store, exclusive, watercolor with markers, tutorial, beyond the garden, designer series paper

.

Every other week, I stamp with Seniors at two local Senior Centers and once a month with a local Mom’s Group.  The cards for these sessions are always easy to replicate, with a clean and simple design (CAS) often found in workshop and/or home party cards. 

I often refer to these cards as 245’s because in each session, I bring ALL the supplies, adhesives, etc.. and participants make two cards for $5.  To find out more about these card making classes and other upcoming classes, check out the Classes and Events Tab at the top of the page!

Last month, we made… cards for guys in one of the sessions.  The card on the left features the elegant and graceful sailboat from the Sail Away stamp set in the Summer Mini Catalog.  The background Real Red Card stock is square lattice embossed, and corners of the focal image enhanced with the ticket corner punch.

Cards4Seniors, 245, natures nest, shop online, stampin up, store, sail away, ticket corner punch, retired list, all holidays, cards for guys, masculine

The card on the right has random stamped images on Very Vanilla Card Stock with Crumb Cake Classic Ink.  A small strip of paper was crimped and attached, stretching across both vanilla and navy card stock layers, pierced with a mat pack and paper piercing tool, and embellished with small metallic brads.

Both dragon fly and greeting were stamped with Night Of Navy Classic Ink… for a 5 minute, workshop suitable quick and easy CAS (clean and simple) card. 

The dragonfly, nest, seashell, and feather images on the card are all from the Natures’ Nest Stamp set.  The “My dear kind, & wonderful friend” greeting is from the soon to retire All Holidays Stamp Set.  I’m going to really miss this very versatile stamp set, which includes greetings for Easter, Christmas, Halloween, and Mothers’ Day to name just a few.  It’s a 12 piece stamp set… so there’s plenty for almost any occasion!

Well… off to my stamp room!  I’ve got to work on more design team challenges and tutorials this week… in between family stuff, exercise classes and stamp events, LOL!

Hope to see you back here tomorrow when I host another color challenge design for the Utah Divas International Design team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop easy, Shop Online for current and retired exclusive Stampin’ Up items!

Pin It!

6 comments:

Annette said...

Sharon, the sympathy card is so beautiful. I am sure that your friend will really appreciate it.
Your 245s are also lovely. I especially love the elegant look of the dragon fly card.

Dee in N.H. said...

Great cards Sharon! Your 245's must really make your ladies day! Awesome CAS cards!

lisa808 said...

Lovely & special sympathy card.

Great 245s! I'm sure you ladies have a ball at the classes.

Ret said...

Hi Sharon, What a pretty sympathy card, I'm sure your friend will love it & appreciate getting it from you.

Your 245's are a fantastic idea! It must certainly brighten up their day to meet with you and make the cards, and then again...later when they look at them or send them on. They are really nice, love them both.
hugs...

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,
What a beautiful sympathy card on the outside and inside! I've never made one with pink cardstock and now I'm wondering why. I like the small strips of dsp used to not overwhelm and of course your perfect coloring. Prayers for your friend. I'm sure this card will mean a lot to her.

nana_cindy42 said...

I love the sympathy card! Beautiful arrangement. And of course lovely stamp & paper!

And I enjoyed making your '245s' in Senior class!

Your designs & talent have enriched my life!! Thanks!