Thursday, June 30, 2011

NEW Catalog My Friend (s) CS39A

Welcome to the Creative Sketches Design Team challenge!  This week, our challenge theme is “Anything Goes”… LOL, it’s your chance to do what YOU want and link back to the team site too!  You can use any stamps, paper or ink, how cool is that!

So… given that the new 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog release is just around the corner… or actually just a few hours away… I decided to use some of my new pre-order stamp sets and ‘goodies’ for today’s challenge!

CS39A, Challenge, Design Team, New Product, Catalog, Idea Book, 2011-12, card stock, big shot, delicate doilies, my friend, ticket corner punch, detail, lace border, tips, sharon field, created by you, createdbyu

What’s the first thing you notice on this card?  Isn’t the new Lace Border Punch FABULOUS?  After playing with the punch a bit, I’ve come up with a few great tips to share with my stamp class and club attendees… I know they’re all going to want this punch!

Smile

In the photo shown, I’ve layered two colors of lace border punch card stock, aligning as if they were a continuous line yet changing color… from Soft Suede to Crumb Cake, and back to Soft Suede again!CS39A, Challenge, Design Team, New Product, Catalog, Idea Book, 2011-12, card stock, big shot, delicate doilies, my friend, ticket corner punch, detail, lace border, tips, sharon field, created by you, createdbyu

See how the the Lace Border Punch accents were attached to the card stock?  Usually I use tiny dots of Multi Purpose Adhesive… but this time I did something a bit different… cutting the border a bit longer than the first card stock layer, I simply wrapped the ends around to the back of the card stock.  Just glue it to the back.. too easy, right?

CS39A, Challenge, Design Team, New Product, Catalog, Idea Book, 2011-12, card stock, big shot, delicate doilies, my friend, ticket corner punch, detail, lace border, tips, sharon field, created by you, createdbyu

Gosh, I wish I could capture the sparkle in our Basic Pearl Rhinestones as well as I somehow managed to in this photo… it almost looks like a real diamond with so much luster, sparkle, and light!  Maybe it’s the Baja Breeze Itty Bitty Punch Pack Flower making it stand out and pop.. what do you think?

There were two NEW Idea Book and Catalog stamp sets used in today’s card share.. My Friend, and Delicate Doilies.  The Delicate Doilies image was stamped with Crumb Cake Classic Ink from Stampin’ Up! A scallop circle punch was used to punch out the image, and then snips were used to clip between the scallops… almost to the center.

CS39A, Challenge, Design Team, New Product, Catalog, Idea Book, 2011-12, card stock, big shot, delicate doilies, my friend, ticket corner punch, detail, lace border, tips, sharon field, created by you, createdbyu

Additional detail and character were added to two of the layers using a ticket corner punch… such a small detail, yet it can truly change the overall theme of your card!CS39A, Challenge, Design Team, New Product, Catalog, Idea Book, 2011-12, card stock, big shot, delicate doilies, my friend, ticket corner punch, detail, lace border, tips, sharon field, created by you, createdbyu

Baja Breeze Seam Binding, layered with Victoria Lace… gives it so much more body and life!  Here the two layers are secured with a vanilla (neutral) button tied with two layers of Linen Thread.  Linen Thread  Linen thread is nice and thin… but you may still need to push it through the button holes with the help of the tip of your snips, tweezers, or paper piecing tool… each works quite well to accomplish the task.

CS39A, Challenge, Design Team, New Product, Catalog, Idea Book, 2011-12, card stock, big shot, delicate doilies, my friend, ticket corner punch, detail, lace border, tips, sharon field, created by you, createdbyuEach week, the Creative-Sketches team presents you with a different type of challenge… sometimes it is a sketch, sometimes a sketch and color, and sometimes with a theme.  This week, the fifth week of the month, the theme is ‘Anything Goes’…. aka make a project, card, or scrapbook page using your favorite stamps, papers, inks, etcetera. 

Once you have made your project… simply upload it to an online gallery, blog, Splitcoastampers, or other paper crafting forum and then simply use the Mr. Linky tool on the Creative Sketches Design Team Blog to upload the URL of the image post to the Creative-Sketches  design team blog!

Tomorrow will be the first day you will may order from the new 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog… but not until after noon Mountain Time!  I’ll post a catalog download on my Catalogs Tab as soon as it becomes available, so that you can view it online.  Place your orders in my online stampin up store, and get your exclusive new catalog products delivered directly to your door step… or you can contact me to place an order! 

Thanks to all my readers who have sent me private messages and/or comments and prayers for our son who is in the USAF… My DH and I really appreciate your kindness, prayers, and comments! 

Check back here at Created by You tomorrow, and I’ll share a new card just for the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team hope you’ll also take a moment to leave a comment and say hello!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Virginia (Sam) Cox said...

Sharon, I stalk your site everyday. Did not realize your son was in the AF. My grandson leaves for Texas for basic training on July 19. It is pretty scarey for this grandmother. I will keep your son in my prayers.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Gorgeous card Sharon!!! You amaze me!!

nana_cindy42 said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colors.

Anca said...

Love every detail on your card, Sharon!