Sunday, June 19, 2011

How Fast Can I Sail Away Workshop Wow

Two Clean and Simple (CAS) 5 minute cards to share today.  Both use the Sail Away stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog, and both are quite suitable for beginning stampers and just about any occasion, given the greeting of your choice.

The first card features the Acrylic Block Stamping technique from a past Super Saturday Tutorial.  It also contains hidden riddle, and is a fun card to do as a real Workshop Wow! 

Why is this card a Workshop Wow? 

  • Because with the CAS design,  you can easily and quickly feature two techniques (mat pack with paper piercing tool, and Acrylic Block Stamping Technique). 
  • You can show another feature and the versatility of the Acrylic Blocks.
  • It’s also because the person who solves the riddle can be a special door prize winner… talk about starting the stampin’ party off with a bang!  Now do I have your attention?

Sometimes, with the Acrylic block Stamping Technique, it’s difficult to get the ink to completely transfer to the card stock… but that’s ok… after all, most skies have pretty and fluffy clouds, don’t they?

Now it’s time for you to solve the riddle… look at my card, and tell me how fast my sail boat is travelling!

workshop wow, cas, cards for guys, sail away, masculine card, shop online, summer mini, 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog, Arcylic Block Stamping, Super Saturday Tutorial, Technique, 5 minute card, Sharon Field, Cute & Curly, Created by You, riddle

Stamps used for this card included Sincere Salutations, and of course Sail Away from the Summer Mini Catalog.  The Baja Breeze seam binding and Early Espresso ribbon were layered across the stamped card layers, and then three silver brads added using a mat pack and paper piercing tool.

We made this card at a recent card club meeting, LOL… and although I got a lot of puzzling looks, one lady studied it for a moment and was able to answer the riddle!

The answer can be found in the next photo…

workshop wow, cas, cards for guys, sail away, masculine card, shop online, summer mini, 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog, Arcylic Block Stamping, Super Saturday Tutorial, Technique, 5 minute card, Sharon Field, Cute & Curly, Created by You, riddle

If you haven’t caught on to my quirky sense of humor, here’s a hint… the speed on a sailing ship is measured in knots!  Now, look at the photo again, and I’m sure you’ll know the answer!

This second card was one made for one of my 245 stampers groups… they make two cards for $5.00, and I bring all the supplies.  Commonly these card making sessions are done with church groups, seniors, and Mom’s Groups.workshop wow, cas, cards for guys, sail away, masculine card, shop online, summer mini, 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog, Arcylic Block Stamping, Super Saturday Tutorial, Technique, 5 minute card, Sharon Field, Cute & Curly, Created by You, riddle

Again, the mat pack and paper piercing tool were used to add a simple corner embellishment, and stampin’ write markers in Pacific Point, Cherry Cobbler, and Bashful Blue were used to color boat and waves.  The Happy Birthday Greeting is from the Cute & Curly Stamp Set… which I just don’t seem to use enough…why?  I guess I forget I have it, LOL!

Tomorrow is the first day we can share the new 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog with our customers.  I’ve been marking my favorites for a couple weeks now, although I’ve been itching to share it with my customers and friends.  I know many of my customers reading this are going to say WHAT???  But rules are rules… and although I've been itching to hand them out, I haven’t… and my club members will still get their catalogs in plenty of time to compile their new wish lists for the First Wednesday Card Club!

If you enjoyed today’s cards, please leave a comment.. I love reading your comments, they encourage me to keep writing and working away in my stamp room creating new designs, and I always look forward to reading them!

See you tomorrow with a couple very different cards featuring the lovely Happiness Shared Stamp Set.

Hugs,

Sharon

All items featured in today’s blog post are available at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store!

Pin It!

11 comments:

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Very nice cards! Love how you knotted the ribbon on the first card, and I love the second card with the colored sail! Reminds me of a summer day in Boston, watching the sailboats on the Charles River (mind you, I'm usually driving to work at the hospital for an overnight shift while everyone is enjoying that sailing day! LOL!)

2KutiesGrandma said...

Sharon - I love all your cards, but the CAS cards are always ones I feel like I could tackle myself without spending a ton of time. Thanks for sharing!!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon!

I love your cards you've shown us here. The first one is calm and serene with the baja breeze colors and I love you riddle! Had I not already made my Father's day cards, I'd case this to quiz them today! The acrylic block looks great with this stamp too. Your second card is great with the added strips on the sails and paper piecing. Both CAS designs are perfect. Can't wait to see the new catty and what goodies you show us!

lisa808 said...

How fun--three knots! I kept staring and staring too.

Suzette Kaufmann said...

Sharon your two CAS cards are really great! I am definitely going to use them when I have another class which might be awhile due to cancer treatments BUT I will be making the cards today just for myself! Needed your hint to figure out how fast the sailboat was traveling. Great idea. Hugs, Suzette

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and all your great ideas. Keep up the good work,

nana_cindy42 said...

I loved making the first card. I don't think I made the 2nd one-we made one something like it. And I didn't get the riddle which was clever btw. Hee hee! Can't wait til next class! HUGS!

Dee in N.H. said...

Love your cards and was very proud to figure out the riddle! LOL! I just wish that NH was just a tad closer to FLA because I would so love to spend an afternoon stamping with you!

Ret said...

Very very nice cards, Sharon. Love the ribbon effect, very different. Love your work always!!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I love both of these, and the riddle was way too cute!! I'll definitely have to do this. I did get the answer right off, cuz I'm just that weird lol

Sharon said...

How did you get the knots on the first card so perfect? I just love the "3 knots" riddle. Just love that cards. Both are cute really. What about those 3 knots though......