Monday, June 20, 2011

Happiness Shared, One Stamp Two Ways!

Last month, I was the happy recipient of several beautiful and inspiring swaps from my VC Rocks friends, since I participated in FOUR group swaps… I have plenty of inspiration setting on my stamp room table!

One of the cards I received was from fellow demonstrator Barbara Furlong.  It used one of the lovely floral image stamp sets from the Stampin’ Up! Idea Book & Catalog called “Happiness Shared”.  I didn’t want to CASE Barbara’s card and claim credit for her beautiful design, so I used it as inspiration to create a card used last month’s Club Meeting. 

Club members loved this Clean and Simple (CAS) card with clean lines, Designer Series Paper Accent, and Double Scalloped ribbon punch trim  (DSRB Punch).Happiness Shared, Summer Mini, Happy Greetings, 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog, Sharon Field, created by you, happy greetings, stamp club, cas, techniques, swaps, barb furlong

Strictly Basic Black and Very Vanilla, with accents of Basic Gray as found in the Neutrals Designer Series Paper Pack (DSP) background.  Supplies are minimal, no ribbon and simple accents of Basic Jewel Pearls along with a few Stampin’ Dimensionals to pop up the “happiness Always” greeting, part of the “Happy Greetings” stamp set from the current Summer Mini Catalog.

Happiness Shared, Summer Mini, Happy Greetings, 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog, Sharon Field, created by you, happy greetings, stamp club, cas, techniques, swaps, barb furlong

The smaller floral image from the Happiness Shared stamp set was stamped along the bottom of the greeting so that it didn’t appear completely suspended in space.  LOL… when I first looked at this photo, I though perhaps I had pressed too hard on my clear mount stamp, getting an over-stamp of the image… but that’s really part of the actual image!

Of course, I had to share Barb’s inspiration card too… which they all loved.  My stamping friends want to make sure their stamp sets are versatile enough to use for more than just one card, so I also made a second card to share for their inspiration.

Happiness Shared, Summer Mini, Happy Greetings, 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog, Sharon Field, created by you, happy greetings, stamp club, cas, techniques, swaps, barb furlong

Still maintaining the simplicity of a CAS design, the second card used Blushing Bride, Basic Gray, and Very Vanilla Card Stock along with the very same stamp sets.

Following the stamped image suggestions, I highlighted the same areas which were stamped in Basic Gray Classic ink using Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Markers.  Using an Aqua Painter and Bashful Blue Classic Ink, I then gave the image a slight shadow for added depth…

Happiness Shared, Summer Mini, Happy Greetings, 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog, Sharon Field, created by you, happy greetings, stamp club, cas, techniques, swaps, barb furlong

Got a little heavy handed with the shadow on the upper left rose bud… did you happen to notice that?  My friends didn’t until I pointed it out.  I often show them where I goofed on a card so the know that nobody else is really going to notice it anyway, come on… this is art after all!

Hope you enjoyed the Happiness Shared and Happy Greetings cards in today’s blog post… feel free to CASE my cards with credit and a link back to my site!

Today, my stamping friends are picking up their new 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog… Wow, are they excited!  If you haven’t received your copy yet, or would like to start a stamp club with your friends, contact me to find out how!

I look forward to hearing from you, and having you back here for tomorrow’s post… which will feature another installment of the Utah Divas International Color Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Annette said...

Sharon, this is one of my favourite sets and I love your creations. The black and vanilla card is so elegant. I think the part flowers on the sentiment layer is a great idea.

nana_cindy42 said...

This is another one of my fave stamp sets!! I loved making the 1st card in class. It's so elegant. And the pearls add the perfect finishing touch. I also love your coloring of the flower in the 2nd card; so delicate! And I did NOT notice the heavy handedness on the surrounding shadow until you mentioned it. I think it looks fine. HUGS!

Ret said...

Hi Sharon, wow, these are two beautiful cards! One is so elegant the other, so soft and pretty! Like I always say to you " You're AMAZING"!!!!! :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Gorgeous cards! I think I need this set after all!

Stace said...

Sharon, these cards are beautiful! Now my wish list of stamps is even longer :) I love the simplicity of them.