Sunday, June 5, 2011

Guest Stamper & Custom Birthday Invites

Judging from my email and a few comments I believe you enjoyed yesterday’s Super Saturday Tutorial!  Thanks to all who took the time to comment and email, I look forward to you sharing your tutorial based projects with me!

Today’s post features a guest stamper…. who did just that!  She enjoyed one of my cards and decided to turn it into a set of scrapbook pages!  I love how they turned out, and I’m sure you will too!   Pennsylvania Demonstrator Amy Locitzer used the contact me tab at the top of my page to share this beautiful layout she created based on this card featuring the Trendy Trees Stamp SetCards & Things, Guest Designer, Amy Locitzer, Trendy Trees, shop online, online store, retired list, celebrando creatividad, Created By You, Sharon Field, scrapbook, challenge

Things I loved about this scrapbook layout include the sponge dauber grass, embossed Marina Mist Sky, and butterflies!  I think her scrapbook pages are fabulous… I hope you’ll stop by her blog and leave her a happy hello too!

A few weeks ago, I was asked to create birthday invites for a girl who would soon be celebrating her 15th birthday with a princess theme, and loved the color purple.  As I whirled ideas around in my mind, crowns and jewels immediately came to mind.  However, with the exception of the Artistic Etchings stamp set I didn’t own any stamp set with a crown… much less one suitably sized to properly showcase the princess theme.

After perusing the current Stampin’ Up! Catalog, I was still at a loss… and visited ALL my local hobby stores.  Well, that was a vast disappointment.. all they had was pre-school princess stamps and Disney themed juvenile images!

THEN, I remembered that Celebrando Creavitidad had a fabulous set that would meet the need!  Of course, QuinceaƱera was perfect… with both a teenage princess and a crown, which is exclusive to the SU Hispanic catalog issue (Item #113820).

Stamp set and retired Lovely Lilac Card Stock in hand…. here’s the exclusive made to order invite I made for this sweet teen’s forthcoming party!

quinceanera, item #113820, Sharon Field, Shop Online, Celebrando Creatividad, artworkbySharonfield, birthday, custom invitations

Her Mom loved the invitations… I hope the birthday girl does as well!  The images were hand colored using markers, blender pen, and many retired colors along with a few local hobby store finds…  but what’s a girl to do? Smile

See you tomorrow with a new card share and idea for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team Group… Hope to see you back here!

Hugs,

Sharon

Visit my online stampin up! store to shop for today’s stampin’ supplies, retired list accessories and stamps and more…. I really appreciate your support and orders!

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Sharon, love the invite! I'm sure the birthday girl did too.

Jeria said...

What a great card. I did not know that the spanish catalog had different sets than the US catalog. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful card and the info.

nana_cindy42 said...

I love the princess invite card!! It's so adorable & sweet esp for a sweet teenage girl!!