Sunday, June 26, 2011

Faux Pearls Two Cards to Share

Did you enjoy yesterday’s Super Saturday Tutorial on Silken Pearls?  Before creating the Wedding Card from yesterday’s tutorial, I did play around a bit with the Faux Pearls Technique too (check out the faux mother of pearls technique by Amanda Coughlin at Stamp Vamps HERE). 

Since that technique seems to be all over the internet these days, I decided not to bore you with a tutorial that’s already been done…Smile

This first card features the Faux Mother Of Pearls technique on Very Vanilla card stock, and then embossed using the big shot machine and Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder… LOL, it’s another wedding card with something blue too!Wedding Card, Faux Mother of Pearls, Technique, Splitcoaststampers, Double loop bow, tutorial, Sharon Field, SUO, Pearls, Jewels, Wedding, stampin dimensionals, tip, Created By You

I have a good friend who says that a proper bow ALWAYS has two tails which have been properly notched… So I made sure to notch the tails of my finger tied double loop bow.Wedding Card, Faux Mother of Pearls, Technique, Splitcoaststampers, Double loop bow, tutorial, Sharon Field, SUO, Pearls, Jewels, Wedding, stampin dimensionals, tip, Created By You

Of course, the Very Vanilla Faux Mother Of Pearls Card needed a proper greeting using the same technique, right?

Wedding Card, Faux Mother of Pearls, Technique, Splitcoaststampers, Double loop bow, tutorial, Sharon Field, SUO, Pearls, Jewels, Wedding, stampin dimensionals, tip, Created By You, punch

The edges were lightly sponged with Marina Mist Classic Ink using a sponge dauber, and then the greeting was attached to the card with stampin’ dimensionals.

TIP: 

When attaching greetings with stampin’ dimensionals over a ribbon enhanced card:  attach the dimensionals at the top and bottom edges of the punched greeting… so that they make contact with the card stock AND ribbon as well.  Dimensionals often don’t stick well to ribbon and over time will become detached.

Taking Faux Mother of Pearl to another arena, I decided to add color with a stampin’ sponge.  Here’s one of the cards we made during last weeks technique class using the Sail Away single image stamp from the Summer Mini Catalog and a greeting from the Sincere Salutations…Wedding Card, Faux Mother of Pearls, Technique, Splitcoaststampers, Double loop bow, tutorial, Sharon Field, SUO, Pearls, Jewels, Wedding, stampin dimensionals, tip, Created By You, Sail Away, Summer Mini, Sponge

LOL… the FIRST time I made this card, I sponged the Whisper White card stock with frost white shimmer paint using a piece of wadded up recycled plastic.  I carefully placed a post it note across what would become my horizon, inked up a stampin’ sponge with Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink and sponged in the water, and scrubbed across the horizon line to form a crisp clean edge.

Reversing the post it note, I then sponged in the Bashful Blue sky… and then stamped my Sail Away boat.  Guess what?  My sails were Bashful Blue too!  Not that a sail boat can’t have bashful blue sails… LOL, it just looked funny to this blue water sailor… I don’t ever recall seeing blue sails on any boats in Michigan’s Lake Huron!

So… I quickly re-made the card and on the second go-round, stamped the sailboat image before sponging in color for both sea and sky.  Smaller, non-sail areas were colored in with a q-tip or make up applicator (this tip from one of my fabulous customers, LOL!)

Gosh, there’s only a few more days before the New Idea Book & Catalog Release on July 1st!  I’ve got to get busy making more cards and prepping for my new catalog release party!  Then I hope to update my July calendar with new classes and events… be sure to check them out later this week!

Thank you for all your sweet comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Ret said...

Sharon, your fauz pearl card is absolutely gorgeous! It's so elegant looking!

Love the boat card too, as it reminds me that you can create beauty with simplicity. It's rather amazing, when you think about it!!