Wednesday, June 1, 2011

DCBD230 Animal Stories and Loopy Ribbon

French Filigree, Animal Stories, and Swirls and Curls Verses… Now what do you think can be done with that particular combination?  LOL… of course there are a few more elements to today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Color Challenge!

Swirls and Curls Verses is a Summer Mini Catalog Hostess Level One Stamp Set, the other items and sets used in today’s Color Challenge Card are from the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog… which, in just 30 days will be replaced with a brand new edition!

I can’t believe I haven’t used the Animal Stories Stamp Set more often!  It’s that time of year when we look at our shelves, and think… what haven’t I used, and why!  Although there are not many stamps that go un-inked on my shelves these days, Animal Stories was one of them (shamefully)!

Today’s DCBD sketch features Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi, and Marina Mist Card Stock.  I’ve added Whisper White Card Stock… Here’s my card!

Animal Stories, DCBD230, Challenge, Blog Candy, Tour, Idea Book & Catalog, Sharon Field, Created By You, French Filigree, Summer Mini, Hostess Level I, Loopy Ribbon, Big Shot Machine

The lower half of the card was enhanced using my Big Shot Machine.  Tangerine Tango Card Stock was Embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder.  Wild Wasabi Card Stock was cut using the Timeless Trim Die (a carry over item, to the new Idea Book & Catalog); and then embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder.

Did you happen to notice the loopy ribbon trim on the Swirls &  Curls Verses greeting?

Animal Stories, DCBD230, Challenge, Blog Candy, Tour, Idea Book & Catalog, Sharon Field, Created By You, French Filigree, Summer Mini, Hostess Level I, Loopy Ribbon, Big Shot Machine

Originally, I stuck the greeting on the card using stampin’ dimensionals… but quickly peeled it from the surface of the card.  It just needed something else.  After toying with stapled ribbon as a trim, or possible ticket corner punched corners, I decided to add a different sort of ribbon embellishment… loopy ribbon trim!

Basically, I ran a bit of SNAIL adhesive along the edge on which I wanted to attach the ribbon, and then looped and placed the ribbon along the length of the card stock.  Here’s a photo of how the back side of the card stock looks:

Animal Stories, DCBD230, Challenge, Blog Candy, Tour, Idea Book & Catalog, Sharon Field, Created By You, French Filigree, Summer Mini, Hostess Level I, Loopy Ribbon, Big Shot Machine

In order to maker sure the ribbon stayed put, I ran more snail across the attached ribbon.  After repositioning the stampin’ dimensionals, the loopy ribbon embellishment was easily attached to the card.

My initial reaction when viewing today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Color Challenge, was to make a card featuring flowers… LOL, that would have been easy! 

Animal Stories, DCBD230, Challenge, Blog Candy, Tour, Idea Book & Catalog, Sharon Field, Created By You, French Filigree, Summer Mini, Hostess Level I, Loopy Ribbon, Big Shot Machine

I hope you’ll play along with the design team this week… three colors, plus one neutral… imagine the possibilities!  DCBD is a self contained mini blog tour… and next stop along the way is my good friend, Demonstrator Tammy Baldwin… be sure to stop by and tell her hi!

Stamps and supplies used in today’s DCBD Color Challenge:

Stamps:  French Filigree, Animal Stories, Cute & Curly Verses

Classic Inks:  Tangerine Tango, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Marina Mist, Tangerine Tango, Wild Wasabi

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Square Lattice and Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder (aka TEF); Timeless Trim Die; Regals Brads, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Sponge Daubers, Stampin’ Write Markers, White Gel Pen, Snail, Stampin’ Dimensionals

Have you had an opportunity to enter my Love & Care Blog Candy Drawing yet?  Check out the details in Monday’s post on Created by You HERE.

See you tomorrow with another challenge from the Creative-Sketches Design Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

4 comments:

Alita said...

Oh Sharon!!!!
I love this card and the loopy ribbon is a nice touch indeed!
thanks for sharing this with us all.

nana_cindy42 said...

This card is adorable! And I DID notice the 'loopy ribbon' before I read the text. I really like that effect! Nice design!

irishgalkelly said...

What a cute card. I LOVE this ribbon treatment! So different, so fresh and fun. Thanks Sharon for always inspiring me!

Charlotte said...

What a different ribbon treatment! LOVE it! Thanks for sharing it with us.