Thursday, June 9, 2011

CS36 Flores Suaves CAS Long Stemmed Rose

In yesterday’s post, I shared a card made with the Flores Suaves Stamp set featuring three of the four images from the set.  As promised, today I’m sharing the long stemmed rose, the last image as part of the 4 piece Flores Suaves stamp set. (Flores Suaves Item # 112913)

LOL, when I first saw this stamp set in Celebrando Creatividad, it was love at first sight, and a must have!  Whenever a new Idea Book & Catalog comes out, I always make sure to check Celebrando Creatividad for exclusive designer series papers and stamp sets.  Sometimes the images appear in both catalogs… and sometimes I still order the Hispanic version just for the words! 

Such was the case with the Pendant Park stamp set which in the original catalog, has only one word “HELLO”… kind of boring, I thought.  So, I ordered instead the “Un Día En El Parque”  (Item #116845) with the same images but the word “HOLA”… a little more interesting, right?  

Enough chit chat, right?  Here’s my card for today’s Creative-Sketches Design Team challenge!CS36, Sharon Field, Flores Suaves, Celebrando Creatividad, retired accessories, retired list, watercolor with markers, super saturday tutorial, creative-sketches, design team, challenge, shop online, online store, stampin up

A very clean, simple and crisp card, right?  The sentiment is from the “A Word for You” stamp set, and was punched with the Modern Label Extra Large Punch and popped onto the perfect polka dot embossed card stock with two stampin’ dimensionals.

The long stemmed rose was stamped with Soft Suede Classic Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock.  First, I used an Aqua Painter and to pick up Real Red color from the top of my plastic stamp container and colored in the rose. 

I wanted a bit more depth… so traced many of the soft suede stamped lines in the rose bud with the fine point tip of a Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker following the technique discussed in my Super Saturday Watercolor with Markers Tutorial.

The image was still not as I had imagined, so as a final step, I mixed up a little bit or Real Red Classic Ink and a tiny drop of Champagne Shimmer Paint and painted shimmery red highlights onto the bloom with a small angled paint brush.

CS36, Sharon Field, Flores Suaves, Celebrando Creatividad, retired accessories, retired list, watercolor with markers, super saturday tutorial, creative-sketches, design team, challenge, shop online, online store, stampin up

As a final step, I added additional marker accents to the flower.  It’s kind of hard to see all the shimmer on this bloom… try as I might using all sorts of tips and tricks, I couldn’t quite capture it on film.  Basically, anywhere you see teeny tiny dots in the photo… that’s where the shimmer is.

CS36, Sharon Field, Flores Suaves, Celebrando Creatividad, retired accessories, retired list, watercolor with markers, super saturday tutorial, creative-sketches, design team, challenge, shop online, online store, stampin up

Today’s Creative Sketches Challenge used the colors Soft Suede, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, and Whisper White… here’s the inspiration photo!CS36, Sharon Field, Flores Suaves, Celebrando Creatividad, retired accessories, retired list, watercolor with markers, super saturday tutorial, creative-sketches, design team, challenge, shop online, online store, stampin up

I suppose I could have used the strawberry image from the Tart ‘N Tangy stamp set, LOL.. I wonder if any of the other team members will?

Come play along with us this week… upload the url of your blog post or forum photo to the Creative Sketches Design Team Blog!  We look forward to seeing your cards too!

See you tomorrow with a new sketch and mini blog tour from the Sketch Frenzy Friday team!

Hugs,

Sharon

shop online for exclusive products from celebrando creatividad and stampin up

Pin It!

1 comment:

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful! The cas style lets the rose be center stage. Gorgeous coloring.