Thursday, June 2, 2011

CS Happiness Shared Watercolor Floral

Happy Thursday!  The weekend is just around the corner… perhaps you’ll find time to carve out some fun stamping time!  I hope to stamp all day Saturday, LOL… then again I stamp every day!

Thursday is the Creative Sketches Design Team Challenge day.  Today’s challenge is just a sketch… no theme, no colors.. just a sketch.  My card features the Watercolor with Markers technique, which was featured in a past edition of my Super Saturday Free Tutorials; and one stamp set:  Happiness Shared.

CS35S, Creative Sketches, Retired Accessories, Retired Stamps, List, Stampin up, online ordering, online shopping, shop online, createdbyu, created by you, sharon field, blogspot., super saturday, tutorials

I just love the simplicity, elegance, and versatility of this stamp set.  Complete with images and verse, it’s easy to create a card with just stamps, ink and card stock!

Today’s card also features the postage stamp punch which is found in the Summer Mini Catalog, taffeta ribbon, neutrals brads and two patterns from the neutrals Designer Series Paper Pack.

Funny story… I haven’t really looked at the in color or designer series paper packs(DSP) in the idea book & catalog… tending to emboss, stamp and embellish solid card stock, my cards often feature no DSP at all.  BUT…a couple of my customers began ordering and sharing beautiful projects using the patterns in the packs and I recently received some VC Rocks swaps featuring in color DSP.  WOW.. I’ve been missing a LOT!

So, now… I’m a convert and will be dabbling in those mega packs a bit more to get my feet wet.  Can’t say I won’t abandon embellishing, embossing and distressing… but I definitely will dabble when the new catalog arrives!

CS35S, Creative Sketches, Retired Accessories, Retired Stamps, List, Stampin up, online ordering, online shopping, shop online, createdbyu, created by you, sharon field, blogspot., super saturday, tutorials

Five brads were easy to line up on my card using my very favorite tools, the mat pack and paper piercing tools.  On this card, two spaces were left between each pierced hole.

The flowers were colored on very vanilla card stock using the water color with markers technique… so easy to master!

CS35S, Creative Sketches, Retired Accessories, Retired Stamps, List, Stampin up, online ordering, online shopping, shop online, createdbyu, created by you, sharon field, blogspot., super saturday, tutorials

And, as a final fun touch, Gold Glitter Glass was added to the centers of each watercolor floral image with Multipurpose Adhesive… a little of this stuff can do a lot!!

The floral images were popped up on the layered postage stamp surface with Stampin’ Dimensionals (btw… rated the industry favorite for pop dots).

Yesterday was June 1st… which was a very busy day for demonstrators.  June 1 is the day Stampin’ Up! announces both the retired stamp and retired accessory lists in preparation for the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog.  Be sure to check out the lists, and place your for any retired items… accessories really go very quickly!  Use the handy links on my side bar or click the icons below to access the lists!

Retired Accessories… order at my Online Stampin Up Store a.s.a.p., inventory depletes quickly!

StampinUpretiringaccessoriesCreatedbyYou

Retired Stamp Sets… also available at my Online Stampin’ Up Store.

StampinUpRetiringstampsCreatedByYou

Here’s the original sketch for the Creative Sketches Challenge, hope you’ll play along with the team this week!

CS35S, Creative Sketches, Retired Accessories, Retired Stamps, List, Stampin up, online ordering, online shopping, shop online, createdbyu, created by you, sharon field, blogspot., super saturday, tutorials

See you tomorrow with a new challenge from the Sketch Frenzy Friday Team… they’ve been working really hard on new creative samples for you this week!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

14 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow Sharon! Fabulous flowers! What a gorgeous card!

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,
What an elegant card! Your flowers are perfection. They look like dogwoods, even though they have an extra petal. I love the glass glitter in the centers too.

nana_cindy42 said...

Happiness Shared has to be one of my very favorite stamp sets! Your card is so elegant and so well-designed! I love it!

Karen said...

A beautiful card Sharon. I love the look of the flowers and your water colouring is great.

Beth Fesperman said...

I love your watercolor tutorial...thanks for sharing...love the card...

lisa808 said...

Pretty card. The flowers are gorgeous. What great coloring.

Sweet n Sassy Cards said...

I love the colors on your card and the flowers are gorgeous!

luvthatstampin said...

Thanks for the great card. I love the sketch as well

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Really beautiful Sharon! Love the muted colors.

inkedx2 said...

This is beautiful! I don't have this set but you sure have tempted to order it. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments this week. Hope you will play with us again in future challenges.

Robbie

Anne Marie said...

Wowza, Sharon! I just love all of the beautiful detail on your flowers! The glass glitter is a stunning center, too. Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments this week! :)

stampinbygenny said...

Gorgeous detail on the flowers and beautiful color combination. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Shannon said...

Gorgeous card! Love the details. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Jayne Stenstrom said...

This is such a beautiful card! I'm so glad I saw it on Stampin' Addicts! By the way, welcome to the world of DSP packs - I love mine! Simple and quick way to add a little extra to a card. :)