Monday, June 27, 2011

CAS Cards for Seniors and July 4th!

July 4th is right around the corner… and so I had to make a card celebrating our nations’ independence day!  Just in time for my next Senior Stamping Group at Neptune Beach Senior Center this week… I think my stamping friends will enjoy both of these cards!

Happy Holiday… July 4th, it’s just around the corner.  I didn’t really have a stamp set with an appropriate greeting or image, so had to improvise a bit.

July4th, holiday, sharon field, created by you, challenge, celebrate, independence day, wedding sweet, on your birthday, Created By You

LOL… can you guess the stamp sets used on this card?

July4th, holiday, sharon field, created by you, challenge, celebrate, independence day, wedding sweet, on your birthday, Created By You

The greeting is from the On Your Birthday Stamp Set… I highlighted the happy with pacific point classic ink… and the number 4 with real red classic ink.  The “th” however, came from one of the happy birthday verses… highlighting only the th with real red, it was stamped first and then happy 4 was added afterwards.

The tiny stars are a retired small star punch from Stampin’ Up! I have a lot of retired punches, can’t really bear to let them go!

July4th, holiday, sharon field, created by you, challenge, celebrate, independence day, wedding sweet, on your birthday, Created By You

The large image from Wedding Sweet stamp set reminded me of fireworks, LOL… (just a little stretch of the imagination).  Some of the stamped image lines were traced with a two way glue pen and then sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds to make them pop and sparkle.  One of my senior stampers really loves Dazzling Diamonds and “bling”… I think she’ll enjoy this card!

The second card is not as quizzical… I think you’ll identify the stamped images right away, from a prior mini catalog… but I’m thrilled to say they are also part of the new Idea Book & Catalog 2011!  Love the Natures Walk stamp set, and will be using it often in the forthcoming year!

Nature Walk, Sharon Field, Sponging, Masking, CAS, Clean and Simple, Cards for Seniors, Created by You, mini Catalog, Catalog, Idea Book and Catalog, 2011

Using a 1-3/8” square punch, I made a mask to sponge the baja breeze background in the center of the focal image card stock… then the bird was stamped with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink.  After mounting on Marina Mist Card Stock, the focal image was “popped” onto the whisper white base using stampin’ dimensionals.

Hope you had a fabulous weekend!  See you tomorrow with a new card for the Utah Divas International Design Team challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

Love both of these! Can't wait to make them Wed!!!

Ret said...

Hiya Sharon, Your 4th of July card is so cute! Very festive. I'm sure your ladies had a wonderful time stamping with you!!

I adore your bird card! I really love that stamp set. I'll have to put it on my "wish list" :)

Nancy said...

Great cards and I really didn't have to imagine too much to see the fireworks in the sweet wedding stamp, great idea I love being able to mix and match stamps and sentiments. Love your nature card too.

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,
Your 4th of July card is fabulous. I love your creative mind! The bird card is simple and beautiful. Love this cas design, so soft and pretty.

Virginia Cox said...

Hi Sharon,
I check your blog daily and love it. I have cased some of your cards and your tutorials are wonderful. Don't know how you find the time to do this daily. Keep up the good work.