Tuesday, May 31, 2011

UDI 38 Fabulous Florets Garden Collage

When I saw this week’s UDI 38 Challenge, the only thing that popped into my mind was the new Fabulous Florets Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up’s Summer Mini Catalog!  I guess you could say I’m a bit hung up on this fabulous mini and floral stamp set!

Today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge included the colors Certainly Celery, Peach Parfait, Pretty In Pink, and Soft Suede in our card.  I added one neutral too:  Very Vanilla.

The floral images were mostly inked with the brush end of Stampin’ Write Markers, which allowed me to achieve two colors per stamped image.  The largest bloom was then inked in a Peach Parfait Classic Ink Pad using the Rock ‘N Roll technique made popular many years ago by Splitcoaststampers.   

UDI38, color challenge, Sharon Field, Created by You, Fabulous Florets, Summer Mini Catalog, Blog Candy

This card reminded me of a flower garden… and although I immediately thought of doing the faux rattan technique featured in one of my Super Saturday Tutorials, I decided to simplify.  Instead, I used the big shot machine to emboss Soft Suede card stock with the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, and then applied a light coat of Gold Shimmer Paint with a sponge dauber.

Using a ticket corner punch, I created layers of Very Vanilla, Soft Suede and Pear Pizzazz to create a layered tag for the greeting.  A mat pack and paper piecing tool (my very favorite tool in the whole wide world, LOL) and pierced holes to perfectly place the gold brads.

UDI38, Color Challenge, Utah Divas International, Blog Candy, Big Shot, Embossing, Gold Shimmer Paint, Square Lattice, punch, Created By You, technique, faux rattan, splitcoaststampers

One Gold Eyelet was added to the narrow end of the stamped tag using a Crop-a-Dile tool… yet another indispensible “must have” in my Stamping Room!  Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon was threaded through the eyelet and then tied in an over hand knot to secure.

Here’s today’s color inspiration for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge… a lovely baby quilt featuring the same colors.  I guess this week I didn’t stray too far from the inspiration piece for a change LOL!

UDI_38, utah divas, color challenge, splitcoaststampers, sharon field, design team, created by you

Hope you’ll play along with the Utah Divas International Design Team this week!  Surely the bright colors will inspire you to stamp and create something wonderful!  Simply upload your card to a blog, forum, or online gallery and then visit the UDI team blog to upload your art.. the link is in the first line of this paragraph!

If you happen to visit often, you are probably already aware that I am hosting a fun blog candy give away this week… You can read all about this weeks’ blog candy and enter here.

Hope to see you tomorrow with another fabulous challenge… in the mean time, take care and stay safe!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Very pretty--gorgeous colors!

Julie A. said...

Oh Wow! That's gorgeous!

nana_cindy42 said...

Beautiful card and design - just like a water-color painting!

Sweet n Sassy Cards said...

I love this! It's sooo pretty and such great colors. I like the tag with the sentiment and brads.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Gorgeous card. The color challenge suits it so well. TFS!

Stephanie said...

A very lovely card! I really, really like the effect of the embossed and painted soft suede layer. Also, the layers for the tag is great effect...and I use my Mat Pack all the time too!

Stamp Magic said...

Awesome card! The colors make me dream of summer and convention! Can't wait!