Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial features another Split Level Easel card, similar in design to the one featured HERE.
Readers requested a tutorial on the card, so here it is! Today’s Split Level Easel Card features images from the Thanks for Caring stamp set, along with a sponged sky background, embossed images, and basic pearl jewels.
I love creating a sponged sky background! It’s so simple to do with a scallop punch and stampin’ sponge, applying Bashful Blue Classic Ink over the scallops, and moving the scallop across, up and down to suggest blue skies and bright white and fluffy clouds.
The Card Stock Vellum butterfly was embossed, cut out, and popped onto the card using stampin’ dimensionals. Tiny pearls were added to the center of each flower.
The full flower image was embossed using new Melon Mambo and Wild Wasabi Embossing Powders which are featured in the Summer Mini Catalog.
The center of each flower was colored with a Regal Rose Stampin’ Write Marker, and then a tiny pear added to the center of each flower in this panel as well.
I tried to keep this card simple… but couldn’t help adding a punched tiny heart surrounded by pearls, with a rhinestone added to the middle.
I used the tiny pearls which were already in a line and connected, which made it easy to go around and form the tiny heart.
This card is surprisingly easy to make… and I was really surprised when you asked for a tutorial! But I aim to please… so here we go!
Cutting and Scoring Instructions for Today’s Split Easel Card:
Whisper White Card Stock:
- ONE 6x6 scored at 3” and 1.5” (Card Base)
- TWO 1.75” x 2.25”
- ONE 1.75” x 1.75”
Wild Wasabi Card Stock
- TWO 2” x 2.5”
- ONE 2” x 2”
Vellum Card Stock and Melon Mambo Card Stock Scraps
Split Easel Card Assembly Instructions:
- Use bone folder to neatly crease scored lines.
- Use Stampin’ Sponge, Bashful Blue Classic Ink, and a punched 2-3/8” scallop scrap to sponge clouds between the 1.5” and 3” scored lines on your card base.
- Open up card, and sponge the inside and un-scored part of the card as you did in step 2.
- Line up three Wild Wasabi Card Stock Pieces so that the 2” edge is along the open edge of the card base(two long ones on the end, shorter one in the middle… or change it up as you see fit!)
- Place glue on card base between the 1.5” and open edge of the card.
- Attach Wild Wasabi card stock pieces just like you had lined them up in step 3. Only the lower half of each Wild Wasabi Card Stock piece will be affixed to the card base.
- Sponge remaining Whisper White Card Stock pieces, as you did the card base in step 2.
- Turn on heat tool to allow it to fully heat.
- Dust sponged Whisper White Card Stock pieces with and embossing buddy.
- TIP: If you tend to have oily skin, or have recently applied lotion, use the embossing buddy on your fingertips as well to prevent powder from sticking to your finger prints.
I hope to see you back here tomorrow when I’ll share some new card design ideas!