Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fabulous Florets UDI35 Color Challenge

Concord Crush, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, and Whisper White… those are the colors for today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge!  Today’s card share is a clean and simple (CAS) design. 

The floral image is from the Summer Mini Catalog, called Fabulous Florets.  After stamping with Concord Crush Classic Ink, the flower petals were coated using a two way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds.  I was really hoping the Dazzling Diamonds would make the image pop from the paper.. but it seemed to make it recess instead… live and learn!

fabulous florets, udi color challenge, utah divas international, teeny tiny wishes, Sharon Field, Created By you

Perfect Polka Dots and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folders were used to bring a little texture to the card, but it doesn’t really show too well in the photo.

The “happy birthday'’ sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.   The bud was cut out from the whisper white mat with an exacto knife, which allowed me to slip the matted greeting beneath the bud.

The whole thing was tied up with a double loop bow, a technique I’ve used often.  Did you happen to catch the double loop bow tutorial video a week or so ago?  A  no-frills presentation, straight to the point… and have you tried it yourself?

I really meant to make another card for today’s color challenge… but just couldn’t seem to find the time!  I’m sure the design team will have some really inspirational samples this week.

Here’s the UDI Color Challenge for today’s challenge:

UDI35, color challenge, Sharon Field, Created By you, Design Team

I hope you’re inspired to play along with this weeks’ color challenge, and look forward to viewing your contributions!

Tomorrow, I’ve got two cards to share for the Diva Coffee Break Design Team Challenge.. hope you’ll stop by to sneak a peek!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

irishgalkelly said...

Good morning Sharon! I'm finally catching up after a busy weekend and can post a comment. This is a pretty card. I like the gracefulness of this stamp set. I wouldn't think to exacto cut the petal but rather just move the sentiment so that is cool! And your bow really tops it all off. Beautiful in the thinner ribbon just as with all the others. I made my Mother's Day cards and didn't have time to watch your video again, so had to wing it best I could! The bows turned out okay, but never as pretty as yours. I had to twist and fuss with them quite a bit. I wanted to run in here and watch again but had to run out the door instead. Will need to practice some more for times like those! lol.