Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DCBD 228 Fresh, Fun Colors for Spring!

It’s Wednesday, and time for a new Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Color Challenge!  I really like the color combo this week… Basic Gray, Melon Mambo and Old Olive.  Doesn’t that just scream springtime?

Spring is such a busy time of year… and this month especially, as the children study for exams, prepare for graduation, and of course it’s also wedding season!  Why not take time for a stamp break, and come play along with us this week!

I actually made my card weeks ago… and it just bugged me because it was flat, needing a little “something” extra.  It wasn’t until earlier this week that I figured out exactly what to do to give it that “extra” I was seeking.  I’ll show you the original card… and afterwards, I’ll share the final card so you can see the difference!

Here’s my first attempt at a card for the challenge:DCBD228, Sharon Field, LOve and care, hostess level 2, stamp set, mini catalog, summer, pearls, color challenge, diva coffee break designs team

Here’s the re-do, which I like much better…

DCBD228, diva coffee break designs team, sharon field, challenge, color challenge, summer mini catalog, hostess level 2, love and care

Same card, same bones, design, images… but this time a background stamp was incorporated with the Melon Mambo layer.  French Filigree… that’s the name of the background stamp used in sample number two… what a difference, don’t you think?

The primary focal image is from the Love and Care Hostess Level 2 Stamp Set, which may be found in the Summer Mini Catalog.   I wish this wasn’t a hostess set, the images are so easy to use and versatile!

Basic Gray Background was embossed using the Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder, and Big Shot Machine.  A small leaf image from the Love & Care Hostess Level 2 Stamp Set was fussy cut and mounted on the card with a stampin’ dimensional.

The team has been going through a lot of family and personal stuff… just a crazy time of year!  Hopefully things will be back to normal soon! 

In the mean time, come play along with us!  Simply create a project using the three declared colors + a neutral of your choice and upload to your blog or an online gallery (Splitcoaststampers, Stampin’ Addicts, Paper Craft Planet, Flickr, Photobucket, etc.) and then use the linky tool at the end of the post to connect your creations’ URL.

See you tomorrow with a new Creative Sketches Challenge.    I think you’re really going to like this one!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lovely card, and you were spot on with using the background stamp to add just the right touch. As always, thanks for sharing!

nana_cindy42 said...

Yes! I like #2 with the background stamp, too! It makes a huge difference! And 'Love & Care' is another stamp set I would really like, too, but is a hostess set. You know, I know why Stampin' Up does this, but what they don't understand is that some people CAN'T be hostesses for one reason or another. Oh well, I can hope for the chance of winning it in 'Blog Candy' - heehee! HUGS!