Sunday, May 29, 2011

Clean and Simple Love & Care 5 min. Card

Do you ever need to make really quick, clean and simple (CAS) card?  How about a one layer card?  Something I rarely make (because I really love layers LOL)… but earlier this month I participated in a VC Rocks Simplicity Swap, just so I could challenge myself to make something very CAS, very quick, and in less than 5 minutes!

I chose the Love & Care Stamp Set (Hostess Level II in the Summer Mini Catalog), don’t you just love the bold and artsy floral designs in the stamp set?  I hope those who received my swap liked it!  Here’s my Simplicity Swap Card:

CAS, Clean and Simple, Shop Online, Summer Mini, Swaps, 5 Minute Card, VC Rocks, Love and Care, Sharon Field, Created by You

Talk about a quick card!  This one took less than 5 minutes to make, so it was perfect for the Simplicity Swap!

  • The largest flower image was stamped with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink, and then using the Rock ‘n Roll Technique, Peach Parfait Classic Ink was added around the edges of the bloom.
  • The stemmed blooms were inked using the brush tip of Melon Mambo and Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Markers, and then stamped to overlap the initial blossom and each other.
  • One more image was inked with Peach Parfait Classic Ink, and stamped direct to paper (DTP), and the smallest flowers were random stamped in Marina Mist Classic Ink.
  • After stamping the greeting with Pear Pizzazz Classic Ink, the outside edges of the card were highlighted with a Marina Mist Stampin’ Write Marker and a knot of Marina Mist Taffeta Ribbon added to the front of the card with a Mini Glue Dot.

Hope you’re having a fabulous holiday weekend!  My DH is going to barbeque ribs for us tomorrow… always a treat, yum!

See you tomorrow for a special Blog Candy Announcement… you won’t want to miss this one!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Annette said...

Great CAS card Sharon. I don't have this set, but look forward to adapting it. Thanks for the inspiration.

irishgalkelly said...

I agree with what Annette said. I really struggle with CAS cards, so this is a wonderful example!! I loved the colors you chose and how you arranged the flowers. The design part is where I start to get stumped with multiple flowers making this kind of card. The rock and roll technique gives it just a pop of interest too. Thanks much!

nana_cindy42 said...

Very pretty! I love it!
Enjoy those ribs :)

Karenliz said...

Beautiful card! I try to do a CAS card but I end up working longer on it. I'm going to try again! Thanks for the inspiration!

October Sun said...

That really is a beautiful card to be so simple. Thank you it's just what I needed for an emergency this weekend.

inkedx2 said...

I haven't gotten mine yet but I sure hope I get one of these as it is beautiful!

Robbie

Karen said...

I really like this card, Sharon. I rarely make single layer cards, either, but this one is quite stunning with a sense of dimension created by the overlapping flowers and the rock 'n roll technique.

§hawnie® said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with others!

~Shawnie B.
www.CardsByShawnie.com

bronheslop said...

Fabulous card, Sharon. I love how you've kept it to one layer (I find it hard to do that too).

Cindee said...

Love your card Sharon!

Faye said...

Very Pretty. Great job.