Monday, May 9, 2011

CAS stands for Clean And Simple 4 Cards

Clean and simple, often no-layer cards can also be cards with just a couple layers.  The time it takes to make a CAS card is often 5 minutes or less, but the results can be eye popping and Wow!

The following three card layouts are three of six cards featured as part of my upcoming CAS card camp. 

Here is a simple 3” x 6” CAS card layout using a bi color theme (whisper white +1 color).  Both cards also feature the fabulous new summer mini Flower Garden Textured Embossing Folder.

CAS, Sharon Field, Created By You, Flower Garden, Clean and Simple, 5 minute cards

The card on the left is done with Pretty In Pink Card Stock, Ribbon and Classic Ink.  The one on the right features Marina Mist Card Stock, Classic Ink and ribbon.

Applying the ink is quite simple using  a classic ink pad and sponge dauber.  Simply ink up the sponge dauber and beginning from the flat flower center, ink out onto the outline and embossed image. 

The colored card stock mats were cut 1/8” larger than the flower garden embossed image, tied with ribbon, and then mounted directly on the Whisper White card base… CAS and quick too!

The new Sail Away Stamp from the Summer Mini Catalog is a perfect addition to your stamp collection… and what a wonderful way to put together a very quick CAS card for that special guy!

Sail Away, Masculine, 5-minute card, cas, clean and simple, sharon field, created by you

Paired with the Cute and Curly Stamp set, this card could just as easily have been a happy Fourth of July, Thinking of You or Get Well Soon card.

One of my favorite tools, the mat pack and paper piercing tool were used to pierce just the whisper white card stock layer before gluing the stamped card stock to a Cherry Cobbler mat and card front.

Fabulous Florets… from the Summer Mini Catalog, has already struck the hearts of many as a personal favorite.  The card shown below was done in regal rose, melon mambo and rich razzleberry… CAS WOW! and another less than 5 minute card.

CAS, 5 minute card, Fabulous Florets, summer mini, Created By You, Sharon Field

The Birthday Wishes greeting is from the Sincere Salutations stamp set.  A single loop bow was attached with mini glue dots to add a little pizzazz.

CAS cards are perfect for beginner stampers, and fun for advanced stampers as well.  It’s always nice to have a clean and simple quick card in your repertoire!  If you’re interested in taking this class, please sign up ASAP!  Check out other upcoming classes and events Here.  Shop the summer mini catalog… visit my Online Stampin’ Up Store today!

See you tomorrow with another crazy color challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Julie A. said...

Gorgeous cards! Love them all:)

Pinky Roth said...

Love all the cards, and I am loving that Sail Away single stamp which is so versatile.

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I love the look you created with the new embossing folder. So very pretty.

Sillyfilly said...

Oh my I'm not sure which is my favorite. I love the cards made with the new ef and...I love them all! Thanks for sharing them.

Nance said...

Oh my goodness! Beautiful CAS cards and I love, love how you added the stripes to the sails--brilliant! :-)

irishgalkelly said...

These are great Sharon and just what I need...a great big stash. Wish I lived close to you to come and take your class. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carol Matthews said...

These are all lovely but I especially like how you did the new embossing folder cards - gorgeous!!
Carol

Terry Duncan said...

Wow...I love the cards made with the Flower Garden Textured Embossing Folder! Great idea!
Thanks for sharing,
Terry Duncan
www.classycut-ups.com

Carol said...

Your cards are wonderful...and I have both the new embossing folder and the ship stamp...love the idea of adding just a bit of color to the flowers - I love CAS cards! I don't have the last stamp set but the more I see, the more I may have to buy it. TFS!!!