Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ancient Documents UDI36 The Open Sea

Welcome to the Utah Divas International Color Challenge #36!  Today’s card was made a few weeks ago… and I’ve been itching to share it with you ever since!

Today’s Color Challenge was to use Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black, Garden Green, More Mustard and Very Vanilla on one card or project.  My initial thought was to do a brayer card and scene…

Are you getting tired of my cards featuring The Open Sea?  LOL, my DD would say “Step away from that stamp set, Mom!!”  I never seem to tire of this stamp set, so I hope I’m not losing you or boring you with these sailing ship cards!

Here’s my card for today’s UDI Color Challenge:

UDI36, Color Challenges, Sharon Field, The Open Sea, Distressing, Cards, Stamps

Doesn’t it remind you of an old pirate’s map, or a page from an ancient but treasured book?

The card stock base and one of the layers is Very Vanilla Card Stock.  The rest of the layers are Naturals Ivory Card Stock, the edges were torn and sponged with More Mustard Classic Ink.  Additional random More Mustard Sponging was added to the card stock as well. 

I really love how the sailing ship turned out!

Sailing Ship, The Open Sea, Sharon Field, Created by you, Stampin UpI colored the ships’ hull with a Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker, brightened up the sails with a White Signo Gel Pen, and added a little foam to the water with the gel pen too.

Did you guess which other layer was Very Vanilla Card Stock?  It’s the Postage Stamp Punched Compass.  The More Mustard sponging makes it blend into the background layers… but the color is just a tad brighter, making it pop out.

P1020278

Markers were used to add additional color to the stamped images, and both the ship and compass images were mounted to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.

Here’s the original inspiration photo… LOL, I really veered from the floral patterned skirt with blazer!

UDI36

Hope you’ll play along with the Utah Divas Color Challenge Group this week!  Remember, all you have to do is

  1. Create a project featuring the UDI challenge colors.
  2. Upload to your blog or online gallery.
  3. Copy the URL of the actual post (or image location).
  4. Upload to the Utah Divas International Design Team Blog!

I look forward to seeing your creations… see you tomorrow with a new Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge!
Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing your creations with this wonderful set. Thanks for sharing another beauty.

Anonymous said...

I love this set and the card is super! Please don't stop!
Gale

nana_cindy42 said...

Neat card!! Love your design!

Monty said...

I love this! Always looking for new ideas with this set. It's one of my absolute favorites!

Jill St. Angelo, 850-294-7267 said...

Sharon, I love it! Don't listen to your DD...lol. We just can't help ourselves when we find that fav set.