Hope you enjoyed this weekend’s VC Rocks Blog Hop and Super Saturday Tutorial!
You’ve probably seen a whole host of Twisted Easel Cards, including the Twisted Easel with Slider Card Tutorial featured in a past Super Saturday Tutorial. Although fun to make, most twisted easel cards are either square or rectangular, requiring additional postage.
Many of my customers and friends seem to prefer standard sized cards, which require only one stamp to mail.
And… I promised you something extra special for not posting on both Saturday and Sunday last weekend….so, today’s card feature is also a bonus tutorial for a standard A2 (standard 4-1/4” X 5-1/2” card) Double Twisted Easel!
Here’s a photo of the card opened up for display:
Isn’t it fun? This is one of several which will be featured in this week’s Cards that Move Class. Here is the closed view, ready to slip into a medium envelope:
Directions the Double Twisted Easel A2 Card Base:
- Start with a 1/2 sheet of card stock, 5-1/2” x 8-1/2”.
- With the 11” edge along the top rail of your paper trimmer, score at 2-3/4” and 4-1/4”.
- Use a bone folder to crease along scored lines.
- With the 4-1/4” edge at the top of the paper trimmer, align with the 2-3/4” line and make a cut to the 2-3/4” scored line, creating two 2-3/4” squares on the front of the card base.
- Now, score each of the 2-3/4” squares on a diagonal from the outer edge/corner of the card to the middle and corner of the 2-3/4” square. Here’s a visual…
- After you’ve decorated the card, the 5-1/2” x 1-1/2” edge along the fold must be glued down. The card will open on the 2-3/4” fold line.
- Add a popped up image to the center/inside of the card to use as a stopper when the easels are popped up.
That’s it! Scroll back up and look at the card front… left side of the card was embellished with card stock, designer series paper and 1/8” taffeta ribbon before it was glued down. The card now only opens from the 2-3/4” scored line.
Two of the three stamps used in today’s A2 Double Twisted Easel are featured in the new Summer Mini Catalog (Strength & Hope and Fabulous Florets), and are available in my Online Stampin Up Store.
Supplies used for today’s A2 Double Twisted Easel Bonus Tutorial:
Stamps: Strength and Hope, Fabulous Florets, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Classic Ink: Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper, 1/8” Daffodil Delight Grosgrain Ribbon, Postage Stamp Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Bone Folder, Paper Trimmer with Scoring Blade, Basic Jewel Pearls, Multipurpose Adhesive, Aqua Painter
Hope you enjoyed today’s Bonus Tutorial! See you tomorrow with a new card for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Team!