Tuesday, April 19, 2011

UDI 32 Embossed and Bright Best Wishes

This Utah Divas International color challenge almost seems a repeat of last week’s but it’s not!  You can see the difference in last week’s UDI31 Challenge Here.  I have to admit I did make both cards on the same day… I suppose that accounts for the similarities!

The Four Frames, Silhouette Sentiments and A Good Egg stamp sets were used on today’s Color Challenge Card, along with the Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder.  I love the look of embossed vellum, don’t you?  Here’s my card for today’s Color Challenge:

UDI32, Color Challenge, Sharon Field, Vellum, Embossed, Utah Divas International, Design Team

Looking at the card above, I suddenly realized that I somehow used a retired punch for one of the flower layers… Yikes, I’m in trouble now!

The floral background was stamped in Basic Black Classic Ink onto the Daffodil Delight background.  A White Gel pen was used to add bright white centers to each flower, and random tri-dotted images. 

I used my craft and rubber scissors to remove the center rubber from all my four frames stamps.  If you do this, make sure you put the label on first, or you have the potential for a big mess… trust me, I’ve got first hand experience on that one LOL!

Removing the center rubber is usually a good idea for both wood mount and clear mount stamps.  On wood mount stamps, sometimes pushing down on the ink pad and paper a bit too hard will result in an inked center…just where you DON’T want the ink!

Of course, with clear mount stamps, it allows you to stamp a greeting, and then visually center and stamp the frame so that the greeting is aligned just where you want it!  The last step is to punch it out with the Designer Label Punch… and then I used a Daffodil Delight Marker was used to add a little color to the four frames image.

Here’s today’s official color challenge inspiration photo:

UDI32, UDI Color Challenges, Inspiration, Design Team

Had I looked at the inspiration piece prior to making my card, I may have used the Fabulous Florets Summer Mini Catalog stamp set instead… I might do that tomorrow!

Hope you’ll play along with the Utah Divas International Design Team this week!  Just click on Utah Divas.. it will take you right to the site where you can use the linky tool to upload your very special creation!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s UDI 32 Embossed and Bright Best Wishes Card:

  • Stamps:  Silhouette Sentiments, A Good Egg, Four Frames
  • Card Stock / Paper:  Vellum Card Stock, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Basic Gray, Basic Black
  • Classic Ink:  Basic Black
  • Accessories:  Big Shot Machine, Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder, Neutral Brads, White Gel Pen, Designer Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Basic Jewel Rhinestones, Paper Daisies, Daisy Punch (retired), mat pack, paper piercing tool, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker.

On a personal note… finally heard back from all family in North Carolina, and everyone is doing well.  Some without power, a few limbs down, but very thankful for prayers and blessings that kept them safe throughout the storms!

See you tomorrow with another challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team.  Hope you’ll stop back by to say hi!

Hugs,
Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Ret said...

Hi Sharon, I'm behind the times, just catching up. I like this alot. Very nice! I love that four frames, it's a beatiful, useful set. TFS!

MarĂ­a said...

Beautiful work on the vellum, Petty card. TFS :)