Tuesday, April 12, 2011

UDI 31 Happy Easter, A Good Egg!

Gosh, I hadn’t touched this stamp set for quite a while… but when today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge came across my stamp room desk, I just had to pull it off the shelf!

Today’s UDI 31 Color Challenge Card is a conglomerate of scraps which had accumulated on my stamp table!  The embossed Vellum Card Stock, Timeless Trim die cuts, Double Loop Bow, and even the stamped chick were already there.  I just had to figure out how to assemble them into a card!UDI31, Good Egg, Easter Card, Big Shot, Color Challenge, Sharon Field

After coloring the chicken with a Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker, he still looked a bit flat… so I stamped the image again on Bashful Blue Card Stock, and then embossed it with the Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder using my Big Shot Machine!  

Don’t you just love the convenience and quick results achieved with your Big Shot Machine??  I have one of those expensive super duper cutters with cartridges too, but don’t have the patience to wait for it to finish cutting!

Back to the card… after gluing the Bashful Blue egg shell to the chick, he still looked a little flat in spite of the elegantly embossed shell.  Dazzling Diamonds to the rescue, my chick got some bling on!

Finial Press Embossed Vellum Card Stock was colored on the flip side with a Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pad.. DTP (Direct to Paper), attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the card base, and the whole thing was finished off with a double loop bow which I tied on my every so handy and convenient fingers.

By now you’ve probably guessed the colors for today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge… but just in case here they are:  Bashful Blue, Night Of Navy, Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight!

UDI31, Utah Divas International, Color Challenge, Design Team, Sharon Field

Come play along with the UDI team this week… I just know you’ll come up with something creative with these crazy colors!

See you tomorrow with a new challenge from the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

He's cute!!! Love how you blinged him up!

Ret said...

Hiya Sharon, I'm loving your little blingy chick!! hehe Adorable card!

irishgalkelly said...

What a cute, cute, cute little card! Love your chick with glitter and his fancy egg. So clever. Your creation turned out awesome from a scrap pile beginning!!

nana_cindy42 said...

Very cute and 'springy'!! Such a happy little card!!!