Monday, April 11, 2011

Summer Mini Sneak CAS On the Grow x 4

Good Monday Morning everyone!  This week I’ve promised my DH I’ll finish the taxes (yuck!)… which hopefully we’ll have in the mail by this evening.  It’s a chore we all dread, but it’s got to be done!

So… I worked a little longer yesterday creating four new Clean and Simple (CAS) cards for today’s post.  All four cards feature the Summer Mini Catalog stamp set On the Grow, which will become available for purchase on May 1.

All four CAS cards were water-colored with an aqua-painter and stampin’ write markers.  The initial images and sentiments were stamped with Basic Gray Classic Ink.  Colors used for water-coloring today’s CAS On the Grow Cards:  Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, and Basic Gray.

On the Grow, Summer Mini, Catalog, Sneak Peek, Water Coloring

On this first CAS card share, I’ve added a Baja Breeze Seam Binding Bow, along with tiny Basic Jewel Pearls to the center of each flower.

On the Grow, Summer Mini Catalog, Sneak Peek, CAS, Sharon Field, Water Color

LOL… I rocked the stamp a bit when adding the sentiment to the card!  Another creative opportunity… I just added a few dot, dot, dot’s after the sentiment!

CAS, On the Grow, Sneak Peek, Summer Mini Catalog, Stampin' UP!, Sharon Field, Water Color

Edges of the focal image were colored with a Basic Gray stampin’ write marker, and a scrap of Baja breeze open scallop punched border was added to the card.  I considered adding a few brads but decided it really didn’t need anything else.  Sometimes you just got to know when to stop, LOL!   The greeting is from the Sincere Salutations stamp set. 

On the Grow, Summer Mini Catalog, Sneak Peek, CAS, Sharon Field

After rounding the corners on a smaller piece of card stock, I corner-rounded two opposite corners.  I made two marks on the template card stock 3/4” in from the rounded corners and used a bashful blue stampin’ write marker to draw lines before stamping and water-coloring the focal image.

Once the image was dry, the paper was sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Mist, added dazzling diamonds to the center of each of the flowers, and then three tiny pearls added to each vertical bashful blue line.

When I first saw the On the Grow stamp set, I have to tell you I hesitated… I do enjoy water-coloring images, but wondered just how much use I would get out of this simple four piece set.  After an afternoon working with it, it has become one of my new ‘favorites’!  The simple lined images are very easy to color!

I think my favorite is the first card, the pearls really make the flowers pop off the page!  Which card do you like best?

See you tomorrow with another color challenge from the Utah Divas International Design Team hope you’ll play along.

Psst.. and I hope I get some cash back from the good old IRS!!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

I have to agree with you, my favorite card is the first one. Thanks for making me want to purchase that stamp set!

Leslie said...

Hi Sharon, love the clean and simple.

irishgalkelly said...

Sharon,

These are wonderful examples of the cas style and I love them! My favorites are the first and last, but maybe just because I'm drawn to the flowers.

Dee in N.H. said...

Wow! Your watercoloring is fabulous!! Love these images. I think that the first one is also my favorite, followed very closely by the others!

Anonymous said...

I also LOVE the pearls in the center of the flowers but, my favorite is the last one! Here you go again! Taking very simple stamps and turning them into Masterpieces! BRAVO!
Candycc

Elizabeth said...

I love them all! Your coloring is AMAZING!

Ret said...

All these cards are beautiful! Love the CAS look. I do like the first one the best, but I have to say, the more I look at that scooter with the flowers, the more I like it! Wonderful job of watercoloring, Sharon! :) Always such superb work!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

these are all beautiful. I really love the effect on the last one with the outline of the corner rounded part.