Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Is Blossoming Easter CAS Card

Spring…  It’s finally here in North Florida, but I heard the North East is still getting snow!  Ah, I don’t miss those days!  Spring showers… we’ve had our share of those recently and it was Much needed to beat down pollen, and hydrate local vegetation!

The Spring is Blossoming Promotion is all about the pretty new Designer Series Paper and Four Frames stamp set.  This paper goes with almost everything you’ve got in your stash, quite versatile!  I am really enjoying all the beautiful patterned papers, and I’m pretty sure you will too!   (Click the Spring is Blossoming Promotion on my sidebar for more information on this fabulous promotion!)

Today’s card features just one of the DSP aka patterned papers, accompanied by the little bird frame from the Four Frames stamp set, Marina Mist Card Stock and Ribbon.  The card took less than 5 minutes to cut and construct, and is a CAS (Clean and Simple) design.

I tied the Double Loop Bow on my fingers, just as I showed many of you how at the Orlando Regionals Stampin’ Up! Event last month.

P1010573newpaperfunframes1

TIP:  To facilitate adding stamped greetings when using my Four Frames stamp set, I cut away the red rubber and mounting foam from the center of the stamp. 

TIP:  When adding a greeting, I first stamp the greeting on a scrap of Card Stock, then stamp four frames image.  Since the middle section is now vacant, I can view and align the stamped greeting with no problem.

The last step of course, is to use the Decorative Label Punch (Item #120907) to punch out the image and mount onto the card.

I just love this little bird in the Four Frames stamp set… reminds me of when my children were small and we’d go to the beach.  Our son would spend hours trying to catch the sandpipers LOL!

P1010574newpaperbirdupcloseThe bird was ‘painted’ using an aqua painter and marker… I scribble marker color onto a small tile or plastic palette, which allows me to pick up and paint the color onto the stamped object.

A sponge dauber and Marina Mist Classic Ink were used to add color to the edges of the frame, which was attached to the card  front with stampin’ dimensional pop-dots. 

I couldn’t help but add some tiny basic pearl jewels…after all, when you receive a card, isn’t it the details that keep you looking/gazing/ and admiring?

See the pattern in the leaf in the photo above?  I hope that’s a prelude to what we’ll see in the new Idea Book and Catalog scheduled for release in July… I really like that print, don’t you?

Tomorrow I’ve got another card for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team.. hope you’ll stop back by to say a quick hi, and perhaps play along too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

This is a wowser!! Very striking with those bold colored flowers in the dsp. Love the added pearls and on my second look, noticed them in the flower too! Love this little birdie and so happy to see a matching set for the punch!! You really made a fantastic card Sharon!

nana_cindy42 said...

I love this card! It's beautiful! AND I love this new stamp & paper set!!

Anonymous said...

I apsolutly love this card! So easy yet elegent! Once again you have brought a different Idea for Easter cards! Thank You!
Candycc

lisa808 said...

Love the added pearls. Great card. Thanks for the tip re cutting out the center of the frame.

daffyscrapper said...

Hi Sharon thanks for visiting my blog. I have just spent a lovely few hours wandering back through yours. You sure do beautiful work!! I do hope we get this label set in our next Catty here in NZ, just got the punch! : )

Alita said...

Beautiful Card Sharon!
Thank you so much for the tip on cutting out the center of the four frames stamps. I usually use the SAMJ for aligning my sentiments and images but this way is so much easier and faster. I am always learning something very useful and helpful from you!