Monday, April 18, 2011

Paisley Petals DSP… Three Cards Today!

This is a crazy weekend around our house… DD is on her way to Pennsylvania, helping a couple good friends move and relocate.  I was very happy to hear they reached their final destination just south of Harrisburg without too much trouble from the storm barreled East yesterday!

As I write, I’m still waiting to hear from my Sister, Niece, and Nephew… and my DH’s Brother’s family who live in Raleigh… hope to hear from them soon!

Today I’m sharing random cards I created while playing around around my stamp room.  This first one features the Just Believe Stamp Set, embossed Card Stock Vellum and lovely Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper.

Just Believe, Card Stock Vellum, Paisley Petals, Designer Series Paper, Sharon Field

I just love the look of embossed Card Stock Vellum, don’t you?  The vellum on the card shown above was embossed with the Finial Press Textured Embossing Folder using my Big Shot Machine. 

Using adhesives with Vellum can be a bit tricky… here I’ve buried one side beneath designer series paper, and anchored the other side with brads.

Another card featuring the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper… this is one I almost used for the 1st Wednesday Card Club.  A little hesitant because of the colors… they are kind of wild:  Bashful Blue, Peach Parfait, and Paisley Petals DSP.

Spring is Blossoming, Paisley Petals, Four Frames, Easter, Holiday, Embossing, Sharon Field

LOL… this next card was one of those just playing around cards… I think it was originally a design team challenge that went wrong when I realized I had used the wrong colors!

The stamp set used:  Nature Walk… I’m really going to miss this set when the Occasions Mini Catalog expires at the end of April!

Nature Walk, square lattice, paper daisies, big shot, basic pearl jewels, sharon field

Paper Daisies are flanked with Blossom Petals Punched and embossed leaves.  A strip of Basic Gray Card Stock was run through the paper crimper because I didn’t have basic gray ribbon, and the background paper is another sample of the gorgeous papers in the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper Pack which is part of the Spring is Blossoming Promotion.

See you tomorrow with a new Utah Divas International Color Challenge! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

María said...

The cards are Gorgeous. Hope your family are ok after the storm will be praying. TFS :)

Ret said...

Hi Sharon, I sure hope your family is safe. Saying prayers for them!
I know it's hard when you don't know what's happening to loved ones.

I love both of these cards, very, very pretty! Your "just playing around card" is my fav, I think it's fabulous!! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us all, you're just the bestest!!