Wednesday, April 27, 2011

DCBD 225 The Open Sea Sneak Peek

A few weeks ago, The Open Sea arrived at my home, and I couldn’t wait to start using the lovely nautical themed images!!  The set was a free set I received from stampin up to thank me for demonstrating the Petal Cone Die Cake at last month’s Orlando Regional Event.

So… today I’m sharing one of the many cards I have made with this stamp set to date!  The layout for today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team challenge was a perfect excuse to share!

The Open Sea, Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge Card by Sharon Field

LOL.. I used all of the images from the Open Sea stamp set on this card!  Believe me, I tried to get the globe onto the front of the card… but ended up stamping it on the inside instead!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper… and pretty sure you will too!  The Designer Series Paper patterns feature  ships, knots, bill of laden , stripes and more prints in the colors Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso and Basic Gray!

DCBD225_SharonField - CloseUpy

After stamping the Sailing Ship image, I used a White Gel Pen to paint the sails of the sailing ship, white-capped waves, and portions of the compass.

Additional Compass Points were colored with Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Markers. 

Bakers’ Twine was strung across the front of card, looping through two eyelets set with crop-a-dile tool.

I really liked the layout for today’s challenge… of course, I really like to see layers on cards too! 

Here’s today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Sketch Challenge… hope it will inspire you to play along with us this week!

DCBD 225

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s DCBD 225 Challenge:

Stamps:  The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes

Card Stock:  Sahara Sand, Naturals Ivory, Night of Navy

Classic Ink:  Soft Suede, Night Of Navy

Accessories:  Mat Pack, Paper Punching Tool, Bakers Twine, Silver Brads, Silver Eyelets, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Signo White Gel Pen

Come on and play along with today’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Sketch Challenge… I dare you to have some fun with this sketch!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

What a gorgeous card! That set is right at the top of my wish list. I love the way your ship just pops!

Sue said...

Your card is wonderful. I love how you used the gel pens to color the sails and highlight some other parts. I'm with you -- I LOVE this set!

Teri said...

What a totally awesome masculine card!!! I see so few that I actually like. This one is definitely a WINNER!! It's just breathtaking! I LOVE YOUR STUFF!!!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

I absolutely LOVE this!

Amy said...

Wow, this card is unbelievable! I love the colors, the sketch everything. What an awesome man-card!

irishgalkelly said...

Great manly card! Love the new twine and this color combo. Both are perfect for the nautical theme!

Gail S. said...

Very cool card, Sharon!!! Thanks for sharing :) I love it.

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I LOVE this card! Awesome design and use of all the images. Love the white pen highlighting and twine accent.

Kris McIntosh said...

This is just amazing. All your attention to detail has paid off in a truly sensational card.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Love, love this card...but I'm partial to boats!! So glad we now have one to do such beautiful cards!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Beautiful card! I have sailed twice on a tall ship like this so I love this set! Love how you used all the stamps without it being busy.