Wednesday, April 13, 2011

DCBD 223 Paisley Petals Panels

My mind must be worn out from doing taxes… My mojo took a vacation for this week’s DCBD 223 sketch challenge until Sunday Afternoon!

Mojo restored, with the help of Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper and the Tiny Tags Stamp set, I finally pulled it together… Isn’t funny how the simplest sketches or challenges can throw you for a loop?

Here is this week’s sketch for the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Sketch Challenge:DCBD223_SharonField17239

Don’t you just love the patterns in the Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper Pack?  The colors just pop from the page!  The paper is a new catalog preview release, and currently available as a purchase with purchase.  Click the icon in my left side bar labeled Spring Is Blossoming Promotion to hear more about this fun offer!

And here’s the DCBD 223 sketch:

dcbd_223

As you can see, I flipped the bow to the top, added a few layers, and a sentiment.  LOL…now I’m going to share with you just how bad my mojo was… here’s the card I originally made:

DCBD_223_SharonField

Pretty sad, isn’t it?  LOL.. it just needs some brads and a greeting… but I just couldn’t make myself go any further!  Clear embossing powder on Very Vanilla Card Stock, and Baja Breeze Classic Ink applied with a brayer… I’ll probably rework this card in the next week or so, LOL… it’s not very inspiring as is!!

Stamps & Supplies for the Paisley Petals DCBD 223 Card:

Stamps:  Tiny Tags

Card Stock:  So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke

Designer Series Paper:  Paisley Petals

Classic Ink:  Always Artichoke

Accessories:  Jewelry Tag Punch, piercing tool, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding and Stampin’ Write Marker

Hope you’ll play along with us this week… and hope your mojo is going strong!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Ret said...

Holey Moley, Sharon!! Your mojo was off??? I never would of known, I can tell you that much! I must say, that Paisley Petals DSP is so dramatic!! and with the Cherry Cobbler seam binding, the whole thing just "pops"!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous work!! I love the 2nd card too, just because it's baja breeze! LOL It's CAS, but I wouldn't say it's SAD!!! silly! You'll rework it, add an embellishment or two & it'll be just as gorgeous as your work always is!!!