Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DCBD 222 Brightly Colored Easter Eggs

This week’s Diva Coffee Break Designs Team Challenge featured three colors which, quite frankly… stumped me!  When I looked at the Pacific Point, Real Red, and Tangerine Tango Colors together, All I could think of was dyed Easter Eggs!

So… Easter Eggs it was, featuring the brightly colored card stock from the challenge colors, LOL and a little help from the Style Beautiful Stamp Set!

DCBD2222_EasterEggsslf

I wish the ribbon showed up better in the photo… Real Red to begin with, I covered it with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, which resulted in a stunning and sparkly Tangerine Tango Ribbon!  Each Easter Egg was stamped using Versa Mark Ink and images from the Style Beautiful Stamp Set.  A White Gel Pen, and Basic Jewel Pearls added another dimension to the Easter Eggs.

I didn’t happen to own the right sized oval punch to make the Easter Eggs, so I made my own using the 1-3/4” x 7/8” Large Oval Punch and 2-3/8” Circle Punch.  After punching each of the required card stock colors with the Oval Punch, I lined a 2-3/8” Circle Punch even with the narrow top end of each Oval Punch.

DCBD22_EasterEgga

I used the circle punch as a template to cut a gentle curve in the bottom of the Oval Punch… but you could also use a pencil, and then snip away the excess.

DCBD222_EasterEggb

A sanding block was then used to add a gentle curve along the bottom edge of the ‘eggs’.. making them into perfectly shaped Easter Eggs, without the right sized punch!

DCBD222_EasterEggc

DCBD222_EasterEggsFinal

The partially embossed Petals-A-Plenty background was created by putting scrap chipboard on top of the embossing folder when running it through the Big Shot Machine.. the technique has been around for quite awhile, this background was actually in my scrap folder!

Here’s the DCBD color challenge:

DCBD_222

Hope you like what I did with it, and are inspired to play along with the Diva Coffee Break Designs Team this week!  Simply upload your challenge based card, 3-D item, or scrapbook page to an online gallery (or your personal blog), then visit the team site and use the linky tool to add your creative creation!

See you tomorrow with another Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

irishgalkelly said...

So clever Sharon! Love your eggs! I've never seen the partial embossing with chipboard. That is something I'd like to try. Have a blessed day!