Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CS28C–Fabulous Florets Easter Wishes

Daffodil Delight, Elegant Eggplant, and Bashful Blue… what do those colors bring to mind?  In my mind, I immediately pictured a spring bouquet of colorful flowers, or perhaps a flower adorned Easter Bonnet.

So… my very next step was to translate that to paper!  LOL… I think I may have gotten a little dotted Swiss dress in there too.

Today’s Creative-Sketches Design Team focus is on Color.  No pre-defined sketch, just use the colors Daffodil Delight, Elegant Eggplant and Bashful Blue in your project, whether it is a 3D item, Scrapbook Page, or Card.  Here’s my card for the CS28C Challenge:

CS28C, Color Challenge, Design Team, Fabulous Florets, Sneak Peek, Summer MiniWith an authorized sneak peek from the Summer Mini Catalog, I used the stamp set Fabulous Florets.  As soon as I got a sneak peek of the Summer Mini Catalog, this stamp set went right on my list!  LOL… and then I won it in a random drawing at the Orlando Regional Event last month.. YEAH!!

The foreground silhouette floral image was stamped with Elegant Eggplant Classic Ink.  I thought it needed a little more interest and intrigue, so added Dazzling Diamonds with a 2-Way Glue Pen leaving stem and edges as is.

The background Whisper White Card Stock was stamped with the color challenge inks and three different bloom images from the Fabulous Florets Stamp Set.  The background was finished with partial embossing using the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder and my big shot machine.  The embossed cardstock reminded me of a child’s Easter dress.. dotted Swiss fabric…. so I had to tie it with a lovely Double Loop Bow!

Here is the inspiration piece for today’s CS28C color challenge…

CS28C-001

When I first viewed the inspiration photo, I really thought about doing a brayer card but hesitated because the photo already says it all!

Come play along with us this week… and don’t forget to check out the design team samples on the Creative Sketches Design Team Blog!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

irishgalkelly said...

Beautiful card!! Love this new stamp set, it is fabulous! LOL, sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously though, I love this pretty card. The dotted embossing folder does remind me of a little girl's dress. Your design is perfect and the bow tops it all off. Pretty color combo too.

lisa808 said...

This is so pretty Sharon. Awesome that you won a stamp set that was on your wish list.

nana_cindy42 said...

I like ALOT!!!

Ret said...

This is really beautiful, Sharon. You do such an amazing job coloring! Just soooo pretty!